Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    But they still weren't done with the content. I think AQ was either about to open or just opened. And after that Naxx would have come. What after Naxx has released and nothing will come? How long would peopel stick around then, when they know no more content will come? I mean, maybe TBC comes after that. And then Wrath. And then Cata etc. But that's assuming at would be a progression server and not a forever Vanilla server. Which still there is no unanimously decision whether the server should stay in classic forever, a new server later should open for TBC, this server progresses to TBC or something completely different.
    Only thing I can see is "paid character" transfers from vanilla to TBC-servers.
    But on the other hand, Blizzard will likely tank atleast 3-5 years on a Vanilla server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Wow a whole 5000 people! That's just..so many I can't even fathom!

Are you also buying all that shiny loot and mounts and such?
    No, I don't play retail anymore.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    But they still weren't done with the content. I think AQ was either about to open or just opened. And after that Naxx would have come. What after Naxx has released and nothing will come?
    Either progress to a TBC server, start another vanilla character, quit and play other games, or move to the current xpac (if Blizzard manages to fix the game). You need to keep in mind that WoW has lost on average 100k players every month since Cata shipped, if that continues there aren't going to be enough subscribers after Legion to make another xpac. They also don't have the time to do the large changes needed to start gaining subs again. Putting out legacy servers would buy them a couple of years to get their shit together and start creating new xpacs people actually want to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Either progress to a TBC server, start another vanilla character, quit and play other games, or move to the current xpac (if Blizzard manages to fix the game). You need to keep in mind that WoW has lost on average 100k players every month since Cata shipped, if that continues there aren't going to be enough subscribers after Legion to make another xpac. They also don't have the time to do the large changes needed to start gaining subs again. Putting out legacy servers would buy them a couple of years to get their shit together and start creating new xpacs people actually want to play.
    100% agree.

Blizz right now knows there is a good playerbase for vanilla, they should do that instead of coming along with pristine servers that are completely unproven to have an audience.

Legacy would give them info about what people really like about vanilla and it would catch them as customers in the meantime.
    Then they could figure out how to cater to them again in the main-game - be it pristine or not.

nice video about blizz' response imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNhj...utu.be&t=6m12s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    I think it's hard for people to let go of the idea that retail WoW is better. "It has to be, it must be"!!

Why should we let go of something we think is better and enjoy more?
    He did by no means say that retail wow is better, he merely stated the obvious, that vanilla wow its in the past and done, so your counter argument is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Way to pick out half a line and ignore the rest of my post.

You really are a piece of work huh.
    The rest of your post was basically just you being overly melodramatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    I think it's hard for people to let go of the idea that retail WoW is better. "It has to be, it must be"!!

Why should we let go of something we think is better and enjoy more?
    Well, its been there and done, PvE wise you already know well what to do and how everything meets its end, PvP wise they cant go back to the latest version because it will seem unbalanced so they need to balance it again but with all the old stuff. in my opinion i think blizzard should just drop it off them and focus on new expacs instead of the old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    ICC heroics were 232 and there was no cap on the 5man badges. remember LFD came out with ICC. You could gear a character to 232 in a day if you had the will to.
    LFD came out with the ToC patch, not ICC. But yes, you could easily gear up in 232-245 gear (232 for ICC heroics and 245 for pre-ICC badge gear, 219 was ToC5), and then get 251 and 264 with Emblems of Frost (251 T10 gear, and 264 offset pieces). So you could actually gear up to an even higher level than you do these days through badges and 5-mans alone. The only higher item level came from 25 man Heroic ICC, from the Lich King himself, and Halion when RS was released.

Once again it must be stressed out that you could buy the entire tier set with Emblems of Frost. That's something we've been utterly unable to do since then (closest we got was 2-piece with Valor during Cataclysm).
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2016-04-28 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    LFD came out with the ToC patch, not ICC.
    [...]
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_Finder 3.3.0 was the ICC patch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you steal intellectual property and use it
    The more that I think about it, the more I think it isn't stealing when you've paid for a game. Didn't we pay for Vanilla? Yet we can't play it anymore. Vanilla content is completely removed. Who is stealing from who here?

Warcraft 3 content isn't removed with the release of Warcraft 3: TFT, you can still play the older game. But with WoW this is not the case. Blizzard is actively removing content from the game.

Looking back on things, Cataclysm should've never revamped the old world. It would've been better as a new continent. Now we're in this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If Blizzard implements classic servers I will laugh so very hard at the people who obnoxiously posted that Wall of No everywhere.
    And how hard would you laugh after blizzard gets yelled at to merge the servers after two months because there's no one around?

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    And how hard would you laugh after blizzard gets yelled at to merge the servers after two months because there's no one around?
    I guess about half as hard as I laugh at retails empty servers now, knowing that Nost had more people online than any of them.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-04-28 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The more that I think about it, the more I think it isn't stealing when you've paid for a game. Didn't we pay for Vanilla? Yet we can't play it anymore. Vanilla content is completely removed. Who is stealing from who here?

Warcraft 3 content isn't removed with the release of Warcraft 3: TFT, you can still play the older game. But with WoW this is not the case. Blizzard is actively removing content from the game.

Looking back on things, Cataclysm should've never revamped the old world. It would've been better as a new continent. Now we're in this mess.
    Just wait until the rest of the world descends on you for saying that. They'll rebuke you with: But you don't buy the game, you pay for the right to play whatever they provide you with. "read the terms and conditions" etc

Deleted
    I am currently writting a bachelor thesis on this subject, it is a very interesting matter indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I guess about half as hard as I laugh at retails empty servers now, knowing that Nost had more people online than any of them.
    Oh, if only Wow wasn't a game with dozens of servers while Nost was just one that slowly absorved people from all over because they knew it was stable.

You can't just do that, "hurr look at Nost and look at Blizzard sample empty real #3, Nost has more people there."
    A better comparisson would be combining ALL blizzard servers from ALL regions then comparing the numbers agains the single Nost and even then it wouldn't be as great a comparisson as the one you tried to pass as proof of Nost being bigger than retail.

Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If Blizzard implements classic servers I will laugh so very hard at the people who obnoxiously posted that Wall of No everywhere.
    Well if Blizzard caves in, then it will never stop. Let all races be any class they want! (F game lore).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrechnung View Post
    I am currently writting a bachelor thesis on this subject, it is a very interesting matter indeed
    If I were the panel of teachers that are bound to grade you I'd both fail and pass you, then invoke the memories of your elementary school grades as being the best you've had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    If I were the panel of teachers that are bound to grade you I'd both fail and pass you, then invoke the memories of your elementary school grades as being the best you've had.
    He didn't he say what his own opinion was on the subject, but hey continue to bury your head in a pillow and scream till this talk of classic servers goes away

Deleted
    both passing and failing grades? you truly are a Schröndinger cat!

maybe you can both answer and not answer the survey

http://goo.gl/forms/Yv1MaAkl4A

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    He didn't he say what his own opinion was on the subject, but hey continue to bury your head in a pillow and scream till this talk of classic servers goes away
    And that's why I said i'd both pass and fail him. And I've got no reason to scream, I'm not the one forced to play on illegal servers to relive my golden days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abrechnung View Post
    both passing and failing grades? you truly are a Schröndinger cat!

maybe you can both answer and not answer the survey

http://goo.gl/forms/Yv1MaAkl4A
    I'd be glad to!