Current DoTs > Enemy Health Addon?

Been roaming on my Feral Drood and i thought it would be really useful and could save valuable time while killing mobs to have an addon that tells me when my current DoT amount is enough to kill my target.

Anyone know of something similar? Would be a DoT class wet dream come true.

Wouldn't it be a little difficult to make an addon for that, considering dots can crit? You'd have to have 0% crit or 100% crit to make a completely reliable estimate of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Wouldn't it be a little difficult to make an addon for that, considering dots can crit? You'd have to have 0% crit or 100% crit to make a completely reliable estimate of damage.
    True, haven't thought about that. Even if it did take crit chance into account, RNG would make it unreliable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Even if it'd be unreliable it'd be quite nice to have. Maybe have a Never-Lucky™ Slider to modify expected amount of tick crits. So say, if you have 40% crit chance, you can set the addon to assume your ticks will crit 1-39% of the time.
    Or simply the addon only consider non-critical damage, so it'd alert you as soon as it's guaranteed (ignoring heals ofc) that the target will die from the remaining ticks. That at least would be very simple to put together.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Would such a thing even be possible with the variable health mobs have in Legion, depending on how many players are beating on them? Or is it only named mobs that have the variable health?