The lengths some of you guys go to keep bashing a show you don't like is absolutely insane.

I have to say i do it differently. If i watch something i dislike, i stop watching it, and don't linger on its discussion boards forever to keep the bashing going. Shocking, i know.

I liked it. Some parts are bad, some parts are good, but i just take it as an adaptation and in no way hindered my enjoyment of the books. And i'm looking forward to at least season 2, hopefully more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Like I said, the arguments of child.
    The only one acting like a child is you, just because you are mad about not getting the WoT tv series you wanted and ppl actually like the tv series.

Constantly whining about things you cant change just shows you have some other issues bar not getting the tv series you wanted, why waste time and energy on something you cant change.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-01-28 at 08:57 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The lengths some of you guys go to keep bashing a show you don't like is absolutely insane.

I have to say i do it differently. If i watch something i dislike, i stop watching it, and don't linger on its discussion boards forever to keep the bashing going. Shocking, i know.

I liked it. Some parts are bad, some parts are good, but i just take it as an adaptation and in no way hindered my enjoyment of the books. And i'm looking forward to at least season 2, hopefully more.
    Maybe because at least when I ask for chocolate and get fed shit I get upset, and then I try to warn others that they are being fed shit and not chocolate. Compared to the books this show is utter shit, compared to other fantasy tv/series on the big screen this show is mediocre at best, a 5/10.

This makes people upset because the books are a 10/10 in some novels and at the worst a 6/10, and overall a 8 or 9/10. It is the same reason people get so mad about the Star Wars sequels, Disney had so much lore they could pull from, and they somehow found a way to fuck it up with that incoherent mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Maybe because at least when I ask for chocolate and get fed shit I get upset, and then I try to warn others that they are being fed shit and not chocolate. Compared to the books this show is utter shit, compared to other fantasy tv/series on the big screen this show is mediocre at best, a 5/10.

This makes people upset because the books are a 10/10 in some novels and at the worst a 6/10, and overall a 8 or 9/10. It is the same reason people get so mad about the Star Wars sequels, Disney had so much lore they could pull from, and they somehow found a way to fuck it up with that incoherent mess.
    except this show is not shit, its at worst - kitkat. barely can be called chocolate and definitely not great in any way.. but its still edible and some people actualy genuinely like it.

moreover... who exactly are you warning in this thread? if you want to tell people that books are better? you can DO that. you can also tell them that show goes off book and changes plotpoints in your opinion, for the worse. valid opinion. if someone actualy asks for it and your recommendation. that is NOT what you all are doing here. you are dwelling. you are dwelling and wallowing and trashing.

fuck, I think Kenn is full of shit and I thought so since my dip into Star Citizen thread. but you know what else he is? the other side of the coin the rest of you are on. you are mirror images of each other. consider that for a moment. and then maybe go read the books again so that you have something positive in your life.

Let's just cut this short.

Not participating in the discourse because you don't agree or don't care - 100% fine.

Not wanting other people to have a discourse because you don't agree or don't care - 0% fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Let's just cut this short.

Not participating in the discourse because you don't agree or don't care - 100% fine.

Not wanting other people to have a discourse because you don't agree or don't care - 0% fine.
    is that what we are calling it these days? discourse?

back, pages and pages ago when people were still criticizing actual plotpoints, yeah, valid. regardless of whether I agree or disagree. posting unconfirmed speculations, just outright shitting on the show and people who like it, crowing about how it will be canceled soon? is that in any way productive?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    except this show is not shit, its at worst - kitkat. barely can be called chocolate and definitely not great in any way.. but its still edible and some people actualy genuinely like it.
    By your own words at best it is shitty chocolate based treat that some people like, I am telling you that the books was among the best chocolate you have ever had (be that whatever form it was), that is the issue. They diluted/distilled what was amazing into at best barely tolerable crap, which I also said.

moreover... who exactly are you warning in this thread? if you want to tell people that books are better? you can DO that. you can also tell them that show goes off book and changes plotpoints in your opinion, for the worse. valid opinion. if someone actualy asks for it and your recommendation. that is NOT what you all are doing here. you are dwelling. you are dwelling and wallowing and trashing.
    Much like Kenn them are trying to say it is great fantasy when it isn't? We also have at several points debated new things the show runner has told us that expose how woefully ignorant of the stories he is. We have talked about shit form the book we like, and how it could have been done better. Then someone comes around and tells us no we are wrong the show is awesome and we get in the debate again. If you don't like you are free to not dwell here and wallow in it as you put it.

fuck, I think Kenn is full of shit and I thought so since my dip into Star Citizen thread. but you know what else he is? the other side of the coin the rest of you are on. you are mirror images of each other. consider that for a moment. and then maybe go read the books again so that you have something positive in your life.
    Do you feel that way about flat earthers? That is what he is in essence. I am not the mirror because I know what well written stories are, and know this isn't it. You can throw whatever fallacy at me, doesn't change facts, this loose adaptation is AT BEST mediocre, and if critically looked at bad. Again though, if you are this upset by posts like mine you are more than free to ignore them, or not "wallow" in the thread.

back, pages and pages ago when people were still criticizing actual plotpoints, yeah, valid. regardless of whether I agree or disagree. posting unconfirmed speculations, just outright shitting on the show and people who like it, crowing about how it will be canceled soon? is that in any way productive?
    You ever consider people want it canceled so that Hollywood stops bastardizing the story, and perhaps we can get a better adaptation down the road that is more faithful (I/we don't expect it to be 100% faithful) to the books that are quite amazing fantasy?

I have had people question why I thought the books were so good after watching the series because I touted it as one of the best series I have read and from the show they thought it was meh/okay. It is tainting the name of the books for those that haven't read it, or at best lowering the expectations of the series.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-01-28 at 10:00 PM.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post

I have had people question why I thought the books were so good after reading the series because I touted it as one of the best series I have read and from the show they thought it was meh/okay. It is tainting the name of the books for those that haven't read it, or at best lowering the expectations of the series.
    As someone who hasn't read the books yet, I seriously hope the show hasn't ruined them for me. I want to be able to forget the awful cast from the show when I start the books T-T

If I can give that warning to anyone who hasn't watched the show yet and still wants to read the books, it's worth it to me.

You don't have to LIKE the discourse. That doesn't make it not discourse.

If you wish to improve the discourse (and you're not wrong that it could use some improvement) then the best way is to contribute positive change - not to attack the idea of discourse itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    As someone who hasn't read the books yet, I seriously hope the show hasn't ruined them for me. I want to be able to forget the awful cast from the show when I start the books T-T If I can give that warning to anyone who hasn't watched the show yet and still wants to read the books, it's worth it to me.
    Go...now!

As someone who hasn't read the books yet, I seriously hope the show hasn't ruined them for me. I want to be able to forget the awful cast from the show when I start the books T-T

If I can give that warning to anyone who hasn't watched the show yet and still wants to read the books, it's worth it to me.
    I just started the books and am now regularly flipping to the wikia because it offers art for the characters that don’t resemble the cast. It’s really helping me disassociate them with the actors. It’s honestly ‘work’ but I think it’s worth it.
    I won’t even crap on the show’s story and plot yet because I have nothing to compare it to - but I know terrible acting when I see it.

One of the actual good things about how far disassociated from the books the show is you can easily forget they are the same story and just enjoy the books.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

It's about the connection to the source material and how you want to see something unique and rare done well. Here's an analogy:

Let's say you're from India and you move to a town that has no Indian restaurant. You find out that there's one coming and you're incredibly excited because you miss Indian food. So you go to the restaurant and it's mediocre at best. You're upset, because there are people going to the restaurant and eating the food and say, "I thought it was fine" when you know it could have been awesome if they had done a good job - and they're obviously doing an incredibly sloppy one. You also know that no one else will open an Indian restaurant in your area now because there's no room for a second one.

That's how this feels.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-28 at 11:43 PM.

No it's shit, rancid manure if you prefer.

We want it canceled because that starts the timer on someone trying to reboot it and maybe doing it right with actual care for the books.
    Last edited by Xath; 2022-01-29 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I just started the books and am now regularly flipping to the wikia because it offers art for the characters that don’t resemble the cast. It’s really helping me disassociate them with the actors. It’s honestly ‘work’ but I think it’s worth it.
    You want this:

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you believe their claims. Because...why would they lie about an investment they spent almost a $100mil on...?
    You are saying that anything positive about the show is automatically a lie? Think about that for a second and at least try to see it without the bias of your disdain. It has dropped to #5 since my previous response stating it was #3. The top 10 changes based on viewership on Prime Video. You can believe it is a lie but it is silly to think it is one.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-29 at 03:53 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    It's about the connection to the source material and how you want to see something unique and rare done well. Here's an analogy:

Let's say you're from India and you move to a town that has no Indian restaurant. You find out that there's one coming and you're incredibly excited because you miss Indian food. So you go to the restaurant and it's mediocre at best. You're upset, because there are people going to the restaurant and eating the food and say, "I thought it was fine" when you know it could have been awesome if they had done a good job - and they're obviously doing an incredibly sloppy one. You also know that no one else will open an Indian restaurant in your area now because there's no room for a second one.

That's how this feels.
    Hey, I'm Indian, and my family moved to a very white city in America in the 80s. This was me. Our first Indian restaurant in the States wasn't good either. Guess what: our family just shrugged and said, "Let them eat this Americanized version of Indian food if that's what they want." The food we make in our home is so spicy none of my white friends have ever been able to handle it....but that restaurant? Still really popular, 30 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Hey, I'm Indian, and my family moved to a very white city in America in the 80s. This was me. Our first Indian restaurant in the States wasn't good either. Guess what: our family just shrugged and said, "Let them eat this Americanized version of Indian food if that's what they want." The food we make in our home is so spicy none of my white friends have ever been able to handle it....but that restaurant? Still really popular, 30 years later.
    Thing is there's nothing preventing you from making your own food at home. There are significant barriers preventing someone else from making an authentic adapt at least until this one is dead.

So when this show gets canceled in the coming months this will be shown to be as "successful" as the Shannara Chronicles.
    You gonna be waiting a while, already renewed for season 2 before season 1 aired and production started late July 2021.

Will be coming out probably this fall.
    Last edited by Yayeet; 2022-01-30 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    You gonna be waiting a while, already renewed for season 2 before season 1 aired and production started late July 2021. Will be coming out probably this fall.
    This has been pointed out months ago when Amazon said the budget was allocated for a 2nd season even as they were still in production for season 1, and repeated more than a few times since.
    The question is when the show will get the kill notice; after the 2nd season or the 3rd. (LOTR gets released in September and that just might be when)