Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    He does, I'm sure they will, even with all the deviations so far you'd really have to put effort into mischaracterising a dude that, for the most part, is just a dutiful, protective Borderlander that swears all the flaming time.

- - - Updated - - -

Moiraine is too tall.

Moiraine is too tall.

Moiraine is too tall.

There's others too but this is what really tilts me.
    Oh they will find a way don't worry. That said I am being completely serious here Bran being skinny was a really bad sign. Innkeepers weight is actually used throughout the books. The good trustworthy ones heavily indulge in their inn's cooking. Others such as the one in Four Kings do not and are decidedly not trustworthy individuals. Not even going to talk about what they did to Four Kings in the show just ugh because of what they did to Rand and Mat's characters with that conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Also, was it just me or did you guys get the impresion from the books that Tear people were far east asian racially? not black

So Moiraine is lesbian..that was possible I guess.. with Siuan too? Interesting choice.

Matt doesn't enter the gate - also interesting choice.

Caemlyn, Elaine, Gawyn, Galad all cut from the series ..wich probalby means they will use Liadrin instead of Elaida as the tyrant Red amyrlin if the series gets that far.

It's ashame, you can't do this series justice in 10 episodes - but it's nice to see a visualisation of a lot of things.. I'm not sure I am a fan of the white tower, the book seems to paint a grander picture than the series shown, although it has nice graphics.. they should get the wow team that did Suramar to have done something for the show.

I remember once seeing an artist impression of Tar Valon.. it was incredible.

Just did a quick google search for images, here are some interesting ones, t hough none as amazing as the one I saw years ago.

What we got:

Elayne is supposedly cast for next season (aka last season) Moiraine and Siuan are heavily implied to have been together in New Spring or at least experimented but it does cause a question of whether certain things will happen later but given how this show is skipping around I highly doubt Gareth will play in heavily at all before the mercy stroke prior to s3 dropping.

Has anyone heard from Robert Jordan's wife and what she thinks?

She must be moritifed by the changes... at least that other company was far more faithful to the book than amazon was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Oh they will find a way don't worry. That said I am being completely serious here Bran being skinny was a really bad sign. Innkeepers weight is actually used throughout the books. The good trustworthy ones heavily indulge in their inn's cooking. Others such as the one in Four Kings do not and are decidedly not trustworthy individuals. Not even going to talk about what they did to Four Kings in the show just ugh because of what they did to Rand and Mat's characters with that conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Elayne is supposedly cast for next season (aka last season) Moiraine and Siuan are heavily implied to have been together in New Spring or at least experimented but it does cause a question of whether certain things will happen later but given how this show is skipping around I highly doubt Gareth will play in heavily at all before the mercy stroke prior to s3 dropping.
    It's the charm that's gutted out in the series, this is what makes the show a vanilla fantasy, nothing special, where the book nailed everything.

So Moiraine is lesbian..that was possible I guess.. with Siuan too? Interesting choice.
    This is heavily implied in the books, and it might even be stated explicitly (in New Spring, but I haven't reread that one in a while so I might be off) that Moiraine and Suian were pillowfriends during their time as novices. It's not a stretch to say they were likely in a romantic relationship, especially given they were fellow consipirers for such a long time.

This is heavily implied in the books, and it might even be stated explicitly (in New Spring, but I haven't reread that one in a while so I might be off) that Moiraine and Suian were pillowfriends during their time as novices. It's not a stretch to say they were likely in a romantic relationship, especially given they were fellow consipirers for such a long time.
    Funny, I never read it like that, I interpreted it similar to my sisters and some of their friends, on their sleep overs, or boarding school experience, and none of them were lesbian - but I guess it could be interpreted that way. It just surprised me.

Also a bit annoyed I didn't pick it up when i was looking for who they could make gay in the show of the major characters.. but then i kept thinking of the 5 Eamon fielders and wouldn't change any of their romantic affliations.. could make min a trans female, and Rand seems a little bit bi so far.

Funny, I never read it like that, I interpreted it similar to my sisters and some of their friends, on their sleep overs, or boarding school experience, and none of them were lesbian - but I guess it could be interpreted that way. It just surprised me.
    I mean it's heavily implied that they're not just sleepovers in the books and RJ even confirmed it's indicative of a romantic and/or sexual relationship in interviews.

It kind of is a stretch at this point though because they purposefully avoided each other after rising to the shawl due to the task given to them by Tamra after they were present for Gitara's foretelling although that may very well not exist in Rafe presents a Bastardization of Wheel of Time. Also events that happen later pretty much confirm there isn't a current relationship and that Siuan is at the very least Bi. Pillowfriends are heavily implied to be experimental relationships no doubt and some continue but at least in the books they ended theirs partially in order to attempt to drive a wedge between themselves in the minds of others so that their mission wouldn't be suspected.

It kind of is a stretch at this point though because they purposefully avoided each other after rising to the shawl due to the task given to them by Tamra after they were present for Gitara's foretelling although that may very well not exist in Rafe presents a Bastardization of Wheel of Time. Also events that happen later pretty much confirm there isn't a current relationship and that Siuan is at the very least Bi. Pillowfriends are heavily implied to be experimental relationships no doubt and some continue but at least in the books they ended theirs partially in order to attempt to drive a wedge between themselves in the minds of others so that their mission wouldn't be suspected.
    I don't really follow why it's a stretch, you can act one way in public and another in private. Just because they're avoiding each other where people can see them it doesn't make much sense to be co-conspirators and never speak to each other for 10-odd years.

I don't really follow why it's a stretch, you can act one way in public and another in private. Just because they're avoiding each other where people can see them it doesn't make much sense to be co-conspirators and never speak to each other for 10-odd years.
    You are ignoring the relationship that happens later. Also that is quite literally what happens in the books.

You are ignoring the relationship that happens later. Also that is quite literally what happens in the books.
    Ignoring how? Two seperate relationships can exist in two different times, especially since Moiraine is thought dead.

okay, that makes sense to me too. I can dig that.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    they were definitely in a relationship at the end of New Spring. There are numerous little hints. I think its TGS, where Siuan reflects how much the search for the dragon has cost her. She never had time for relationships etc. I doubt that her and Moiraine would have stayed together outside of that. Although the romantic in me wants them to have had some time together. I always got the impression their friendship/relationship went deeper than sex.
    Last edited by Smallfruitbat; 2021-12-10 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    they were definitely in a relationship at the end of New Spring. There are numerous little hints.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. Also a reminder to re-read new spring, I tend to forget it when I go through all the books again.

Ignoring how? Two seperate relationships can exist in two different times, especially since Moiraine is thought dead.
    I don't know about you but most people if their love dies don't just move on in what is realistically a matter of months.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. Also a reminder to re-read new spring, I tend to forget it when I go through all the books again.
    There's a lovely moment, when they meet up at the end of the day after they've been raised to the shawl. Moiraine offers Siuan healing, Siuan says 'I could kiss you' and she did. The next scene they're at dinner. Lots of little things like that.

I don't know about you but most people if their love dies don't just move on in what is realistically a matter of months.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    There's a lovely moment, when they meet up at the end of the day after they've been raised to the shawl. Moiraine offers Siuan healing, Siuan says 'I could kiss you' and she did. The next scene they're at dinner. Lots of little things like that.
    You'd think I'd remember more overt stuff like that, huh? This is why Moiraine should be shorter. Short ladies are so much more adorable doing shit like that.

Gems keep coming:
    1) Dragon will fight the Dark One and anyone standing "between" them will die. Said so by people who in this very episode debated Gitara's foretelling. Something that been kept vague on purpose it seems they intend to drag-on this "dragon" thing for season or 2! Some of the things they say is just bizarre and yet, new turning.
    2) What I loved the most were these words:
    Eye of the world is a place where trap was set to..."trap" DO? What is dark one according to show creators? Sauron? Voldemort?
    3) After Dragon clubbed him too hard, DO fell asleep and now our all knowing Amrylin knows he is "weak" and time is right to strike him down. But hey, DON"T SEND ARMIES!
    Only Dragon can do the clubbing. They know that. But apparently they don't know who, or what dragon is!

Love the fact Moiraine keeps telling us that she will kill the Dragon if "it" joins the shadow. Yep, mighty moiraine, ready to destroy most powerful "male channeler". And yet, she herself can't club this weak DO. LOL. Threatening Rand is one thing, threatening Dragon is something only "this turning of wheel" can do!

Rest in peace Rand. While books were told from perspective of Emond 5, mostly with 3 men dominating the story, now they are lucky to get 10 sec per hr episode. I bet viewers are going to be thrilled that a guy with 10 min total screen time is "savior" while Moraine is just a side charecter and not even the top one.
    Unless nothing like this would happen. I am trying to imagine what new "surprises" are in the store.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd think I'd remember more overt stuff like that, huh? This is why Moiraine should be shorter. Short ladies are so much more adorable doing shit like that.
    You must be one cold hearted individual if you could move on from a 20+ year relationship in a matter of months. That's not an opinion that's a simple fact.

You must be one cold hearted individual if you could move on from a 20+ year relationship in a matter of months. That's not an opinion that's a simple fact.
    I mean, you contradicted your own point, apparently all you need is a cold heart for your statement to be infactual. You're doing a lot of assuming in order to point out an issue you have with the show, which is interesting, because given the source material you're more arguing with Jordan's writing than that of the show.

But fwiw, that was my attempt to disengage from the conversation because I don't really think you're open to discussion, I think you're just wanting to disparage the show, which is fine, I'm just not interested in engaging with that.

They also did away with the Warder cloak - too much money?

I can't wait to have an animated version of this that stays true to the books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Gems keep coming:
    1) Dragon will fight the Dark One and anyone standing "between" them will die. Said so by people who in this very episode debated Gitara's foretelling. Something that been kept vague on purpose it seems they intend to drag-on this "dragon" thing for season or 2! Some of the things they say is just bizarre and yet, new turning.
    2) What I loved the most were these words:
    Eye of the world is a place where trap was set to..."trap" DO? What is dark one according to show creators? Sauron? Voldemort?
    3) After Dragon clubbed him too hard, DO fell asleep and now our all knowing Amrylin knows he is "weak" and time is right to strike him down. But hey, DON"T SEND ARMIES!
    Only Dragon can do the clubbing. They know that. But apparently they don't know who, or what dragon is!

Love the fact Moiraine keeps telling us that she will kill the Dragon if "it" joins the shadow. Yep, mighty moiraine, ready to destroy most powerful "male channeler". And yet, she herself can't club this weak DO. LOL. Threatening Rand is one thing, threatening Dragon is something only "this turning of wheel" can do!

Rest in peace Rand. While books were told from perspective of Emond 5, mostly with 3 men dominating the story, now they are lucky to get 10 sec per hr episode. I bet viewers are going to be thrilled that a guy with 10 min total screen time is "savior" while Moraine is just a side charecter and not even the top one.
    Unless nothing like this would happen. I am trying to imagine what new "surprises" are in the store.
    They will likey change him or you missed the part where the Dragon can be actually 5 people. The wheel can split their soul.

They also did away with the Warder cloak - too much money?

I can't wait to have an animated version of this that stays true to the books.

- - - Updated - - -

They will likey change him or you missed the part where the Dragon can be actually 5 people. The wheel can split their soul.
    Give me 15ish seasons of a wheel of time anime one full cour per book outside a few which can be semi condensed holy crap that would be amazing.