10+ Year Old Account

Can't Run Command Promt as an Administrator (Win 10)

As the title says. I've had problems with task manager not opening for several months now, and figured it was about time to fix it. Wanted to do a scan to fix any corrupt files, but turns out I can't run any command promts as an administrator. I just get the error message that it failed to respond in a timely manner. Restoring to a previous state is out of the question, as I have NO IDEA how long this has been going on, but its been pretty damned long. Any ideas?

7+ Year Old Account
    I would try it in safe made, and take a look at this article and see if looks/sounds familiar (basically means to make sure you have the proper .Net framework installed):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/839174

Edit: You might also want to use something like CCleaner to get rid of any orphaned registry entries that might be causing you problems.

Edit 2: It's also worth mentioning that you can change the timer that governs how long things are given to start up, but it involves toying with the registry and should probably be avoided if possible.
    Last edited by Sheevah; 2016-05-20 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like to point out that my problem seemed to solve itself. After months of being annoyed by this, I ask for help and a simple restart fixes it...Thanks for the input though. If it acts up again I have a few things to try now.