The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saving a payload when your whole team is dead and it's *this* close feels pretty amazing. Enough joy to wipe out an entire day's salt.
    https://gfycat.com/TallJauntyCrow

They didn't know what hit them, they were too busy assuming they had it in.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Saving a payload when your whole team is dead and it's *this* close feels pretty amazing. Enough joy to wipe out an entire day's salt.
    https://gfycat.com/TallJauntyCrow

They didn't know what hit them, they were too busy assuming they had it in.
    That's amazing, I'm glad you recorded it.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

7+ Year Old Account
    i honestly think of taking a break.
    including the losses from yesterday, im on a 12 loss losing streak in comp.

im dying inside.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought they had a "bad luck" prevention system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That's amazing, I'm glad you recorded it.
    I've been meaning to get software to do it because for some reason I absolutely cannot get geforce's share function to work on my computer. That play was so good, it finally motivated me to do it. Now I can sit and stare at the 1% of times I nailed it, lol. My team in voicechat went bonkers and scrambled to get back to the cart. We held it and won the match. Felt pretty good to be a hero.

Much better than those times were you whiff your ult like a noob.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post

im dying inside.
    So am I brah, so am I.

From 2500+ all the way to 2200+
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-04-17 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    So am I brah, so am I.

From 2500+ all the way to 2200+
    it's the weekend. more people who don't play regularly (weekdays) and thus are quite rusty are online. also, a lot of kids begging to genji or orisa are online too.

weekends are for quickplay and mystery heroes for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    Hey those skins aren't going to unlock themselves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I've been meaning to get software to do it because for some reason I absolutely cannot get geforce's share function to work on my computer. That play was so good, it finally motivated me to do it. Now I can sit and stare at the 1% of times I nailed it, lol. My team in voicechat went bonkers and scrambled to get back to the cart. We held it and won the match. Felt pretty good to be a hero.

Much better than those times were you whiff your ult like a noob.
    I can only get it to record in windowed mode for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's the weekend. more people who don't play regularly (weekdays) and thus are quite rusty are online. also, a lot of kids begging to genji or orisa are online too.

It's also a bank holiday weekend with it being Easter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post

im dying inside.
    And that's why you should not keep playing when you're on a losing streak. Hell, 2 losses in a row is enough for me to stop often times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I can only get it to record in windowed mode for some reason.
    I'm windowed, with an Aero theme, and all the other things they suggest. It literally just does nothing when I click to record. I can't even get the overlay up anymore. It's a giant turd software. If it didn't swiftly update my driver automatically, it would be 100% useless. The 'optimize' usually makes games worse than when I choose my own settings. I tolerate the software, but it has not made me pleased since they stopped going with shadowplay.vv
    BAD WOLF

i'm suffering from high ping. i can't dps because my game starts to freeze and lag when the action starts in my screen. just the visuals of winston's electricity is enough to eff up my game. that's why i stick to rein, zarya, d.va, ana or mercy on comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    And that's why you should not keep playing when you're on a losing streak. Hell, 2 losses in a row is enough for me to stop often times.
    I just don't bother with competitive at all beyond the initial placement matches. I don't have the time or desire to commit to competitive play in a game such as this when it's just so much more satisfying to play it on a casual basis in between other games. Between questionable character balance and support heroes being shafted in regards to how their competitive performance is measured I'm much happier as a result.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm suffering from high ping. i can't dps because my game starts to freeze and lag when the action starts in my screen. just the visuals of winston's electricity is enough to eff up my game. that's why i stick to rein, zarya, d.va, ana or mercy on comp.
    That doesn't sound like symptoms of a high ping. Overwatch uses UDP so you should see rubber banding if you have a high ping.

This sounds like an issue with your hardware or something stealing your CPU outside of the game. Do the usual. Check for malware, update your drivers. Check your memory, hard drive, cpu and blow out your computer with compressed air if you haven't done so recently.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That doesn't sound like symptoms of a high ping. Overwatch uses UDP so you should see rubber banding if you have a high ping.

This sounds like an issue with your hardware or something stealing your CPU outside of the game. Do the usual. Check for malware, update your drivers. Check your memory, hard drive, cpu and blow out your computer with compressed air if you haven't done so recently.
    I had lag until I set bnet to close when starting up a game. It apparently takes up tons of resources for some reason if you leave it open.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post

yeah, i guess my description is not about high ping. but my ping goes from 105 to 130. i'm in dubai, using an asus laptop on a wifi connection.

sometimes there's delayed input: when i press walk, it doesn't do anything for 2 secs and then i move forward. or instead of smooth movements, it freezes and then moves so quickly to catch up with what's happening real time.

10+ Year Old Account
    My plans to have Overwatch for lunch have been foiled by having three matches in a row where someone leaves after a long queue and match gets cancelled. I guess better than them leaving midgame but still, waste of time

EDIT: LOL I thought the fourth game was the charm, and then we had someone on our team disconnect in round 3 and not come back until round 5. Are there server issues today or something?
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-04-19 at 08:55 PM.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, but there's been a serious rash the last week of people instalocking DPS heroes, and not flexible ones like Pharah/Soldier 76, I mean instalocking as Genji, Tracer, Hanzo, Widowmaker, no matter what map/round you're on, and no matter what other heroes people have picked. To the tune that most of my matches this week have ended up with three DPS, and when one of them switches, it's the player who's willing to play for the team. Meaning the 2-3 DPS we end up with are universally awful and refuse to cooperate.

I know that's always happened, occasionally, but it's been way worse this week for me, for some reason.

Nor am I whining that I can't play what I want; I've been almost maining Lucio since his changes, and I'm totally enjoying that. I'm not fighting over these DPS slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Had a game where it was Hanzo, Widow, Genji, Tracer, something else, and me forced to heal. When I asked for a tank, someone bitched at me to stop complaining and switch. We got wiped out.

Pretty much playing nothing but Mei, Junkrat, and the new Lucio. I can't tank because I usually rather play Roadhog, and everybody wants shields.