I've been playing a lot of Sombra, she's really fun and exceptionally good on certain maps, defending Anubis B with her is amazing.

The benefit of gaining more SR and losing less is a nice side but she's worth playing overall now I think, definitely think she's more than a niche hero at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I've been playing a lot of Sombra, she's really fun and exceptionally good on certain maps, defending Anubis B with her is amazing.

The benefit of gaining more SR and losing less is a nice side but she's worth playing overall now I think, definitely think she's more than a niche hero at this point.
    She's definitely not a bad hero objectively; a good Sombra can be insanely frustrating to play against and her ability to heal flankers caught away from the team is very useful. However, I feel like too much of the community still doesn't know how to play her or play with her. She could be the best hero in the game as far as tuning goes, but if the playerbase doesn't know what to do with her, she's often just dead weight.

Aside from the fact that unfamiliarity means most people I encounter are pretty bad at her, 99% of the time, I see her picked as a DPS. My understanding is that you should be replacing a support with her since teammates using her health packs is so important for charging her ult. Running two support and a Sombra means it's unlikely anyone is going to be using her health packs much, her ult will charge slow, and also probably means your DPS is going to be a little light.

Always happy to play with a good one though, especially on those comps that are super shield heavy (which is still fairly common in lower ranks).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Just started playing Overwatch a few days ago. Already lvl 18. I absolutely LOVE Reinhardt, Roadhog and Pharah.

I can feel there's a huge gap between me and most players skillwise, mostly my aiming still needs to improve, but I can still manage to do some pretty nice work as Reinhardt or Pharah.

The only downside I can think of is what I now call "weaboo players", who keep choosing exclusively Hanzo and/or Genji (during several games) while the team desperately needs something as vital as a healer, and doing absolutely nothing useful but juming around like mongoloïds..

Ahem, sorry for the saltiness, Hanzo people.

TL;DR : This game is great and I wish I started playing sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    She's definitely not a bad hero objectively; a good Sombra can be insanely frustrating to play against and her ability to heal flankers caught away from the team is very useful. However, I feel like too much of the community still doesn't know how to play her or play with her. She could be the best hero in the game as far as tuning goes, but if the playerbase doesn't know what to do with her, she's often just dead weight.

Aside from the fact that unfamiliarity means most people I encounter are pretty bad at her, 99% of the time, I see her picked as a DPS. My understanding is that you should be replacing a support with her since teammates using her health packs is so important for charging her ult. Running two support and a Sombra means it's unlikely anyone is going to be using her health packs much, her ult will charge slow, and also probably means your DPS is going to be a little light.

Always happy to play with a good one though, especially on those comps that are super shield heavy (which is still fairly common in lower ranks).
    She's definitely a pseudo-support and I agree, don't play her if your teammates don't know what to do with her in the team or if you don't have a good understanding of her yourself.

If people take your health packs and you focus mostly on just getting your EMP as quickly as possible then she's pretty exceptional, Koreans are using her a whole lot right now because she happens to fit 2 tank dive pretty well too, especially on defense.

On attack she's good at busting open maps like Eichenwald and King's Row too.

Had a game today where the enemy Lucio used his Sound Barrier and our Sombra denied it with her EMP, blowing up the applied shields : that was insane to watch. Now, if only her ult was able to cancel everyone's ult like S:69, Bastion...She'd be even more scarier than a nano-gengu. :<

yesterday 3 games in asia server. all fucking kids picknig full dps nothing else, 3 games 3 loses and they are instant loses. FInished under 3 minutes. I swore a lot to koreans etc. Switch servers to america, god damn man what a fucking blast 3 games 3 wins but fuck the new map 2-2 draw, extended time they have 1 min we have 2.30. shit we could hardly defend for 1 min. our turn they are wiping the floor with us. last 3 seconds pharah does rocket diarrhea kills 3 people, we won. Our team goes crazy cheering. God bless USA. never asia again I gladly take 200-300ms with a team in which least 1-2 people who can speak english over 20ms with a bunch of gibberish speaking kids.

Deleted
    Full-DPS teams is also an issue in EU servers afaik. People pick the character that "looks cool" but not the most useful one.

Mostly : Genji, Hanzo as I stated earlier, but I also noticed people that take Pharah while not having a clue about what to do with her..

Now, whenever I see a Genji/Hanzo combo while the team still needs essential roles (support/heal), I tend to simply quit before even starting.

Is 2, 2, 2 still the meta now? I'm finding teams with 3 dps are rolling over 2 tanks now especially when a Reaper is involved as tanks have enough health that Reaper can sustain all day long in them with his life steal.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Is 2, 2, 2 still the meta now? I'm finding teams with 3 dps are rolling over 2 tanks now especially when a Reaper is involved as tanks have enough health that Reaper can sustain all day long in them with his life steal.
    I believe it's 1 tank, 3 DPS and 2 heals now with diveable characters being the preference. Might have the heals/tank mixed up though.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    I believe it's 1 tank, 3 DPS and 2 heals now with diveable characters being the preference. Might have the heals/tank mixed up though.
    Nah, it's 1 tank. At least with the comps I've gone against. Don't be too hasty to try it though. It falls very flat without good communication. Team I was on ran 2/2/2 earlier against the new style and destroyed them. They didn't put up much of a fight until they also swapped 2/2/2. Had other games like this as well.
    Of course, the reverse is true, where I've gone against coordinated teams and they destroy us. You can also see how well coordinated they are as your team just gets focused down like no tomorrow, as well as handling Ults well. Every time Zarya used theirs the Hanzo they had also unleashed his Uwe-Wei-Go-Fuck-Yourself. They would also save 1-2 for when our Mercy rezzed or our defensive Ults were used.
    It's nice to see a new Meta emerge, but it's not going to play out too well without a good coordination. 2/2/2 still allows some leeway with how people play, and once people get used to seeing the 1/3/2 it won't be as effective without that coordination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since my last status post, oh sweet fucking Christ, this has been by far
    my worst season. Nothing even comes close to this one.

Sitting on 101 losses to 80 wins. Never have I had that big of a gap before.

Not only that, but more then once I "touched" 2400 and the game, apparently
    upset at that, paired me constantly with the usual trash that clutter Gold and
    threw me as low as 2100. Any attempts I would make to get ahead, I'd get
    equal losses to offset that. Its beyond frustrating to make literally no
    progress forward but constantly keep getting dropped down instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Now, whenever I see a Genji/Hanzo combo while the team still needs essential roles (support/heal), I tend to simply quit before even starting.
    Now that's a proper go-getter attitude. Everyone here should learn from this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the system is probably trying to put you where you'll have the most balanced games. Balanced as in roughly a 50/50 win/loss ratio. You have to stop concerning yourself with "Climbing the Ratings Ladder", and focus more on how you can improve as an individual. That's the only way I can see that people start to become productive team members. Though if this was all just to vent, then my point is likely moot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It is. Or better yet, it's 1-2 tanks, 2-3 DPS, 2 healers. Tanks being usually Winston (+Dva), and DPS Tracer, Genji (+Soldier/Pharah), Lucio, Ana/Mercy/Zeny.

It's fucking cancerous shit really. I liked even quad tank play style more fun than this dive shit. No wonder the esport scene is dying too since watching 2 teams just dive each other in turns is fucking boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Since my last status post, oh sweet fucking Christ, this has been by far
    my worst season. Nothing even comes close to this one.

Sitting on 101 losses to 80 wins. Never have I had that big of a gap before.

Not only that, but more then once I "touched" 2400 and the game, apparently
    upset at that, paired me constantly with the usual trash that clutter Gold and
    threw me as low as 2100. Any attempts I would make to get ahead, I'd get
    equal losses to offset that. Its beyond frustrating to make literally no
    progress forward but constantly keep getting dropped down instead.
    Did you start encountering those nasty, OP Pharahs again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing some Mercy today with mixed success. Remembering why I don't play support much, you can see the problems but don't have the tools to deal with them and your team are too stupid to figure it out themselves.

Like WHERE ARE THESE BOMBS FALLING ON US COMING FROM?! Explosive rain! Omg! Some kind of anti-miracle! When there's a junk on the roof and they have the +6 to spot because need to look up modifier.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-28 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Did you start encountering those nasty, OP Pharahs again?
    Please keep your passive/aggressive immaturity to yourself thanks.

Although I'd say my horrendous bad luck in teammates is probably the greatest cancer I
    have at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Been playing some Mercy today with mixed success. Remembering why I don't play support much, you can see the problems but don't have the tools to deal with them and your team are too stupid to figure it out themselves.
    Well, when the team isn't doing what they are supposed to, Mercy sometimes has to do it herself...For a surprising amount of damage ! (or...you cry in a corner). It's really hard to have teammates that know that Mercy really has to keep moving and thus, must be in line of sight so she can reach them whenever she needs to.

Like WHERE ARE THESE BOMBS FALLING ON US COMING FROM?! Explosive rain! Omg! Some kind of anti-miracle! When there's a junk on the roof and they have the +6 to spot because need to look up modifier.
    ...It's raining men

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Well, when the team isn't doing what they are supposed to, Mercy sometimes has to do it herself...For a surprising amount of damage ! (or...you cry in a corner). It's really hard to have teammates that know that Mercy really has to keep moving and thus, must be in line of sight so she can reach them whenever she needs to.
    I'm okay with shooting people, I do it enough with Pilot D.Va's pistol, so I'm pretty good with it. It's when it means picking up a flanker, Pharah, sniper, or someone on high ground I can't get to or get LOS to in order to do something about it (safely).

Also, I got the Imp skin so I've been using that; it's really nice, particularly like the staff. Mercy really doesn't have a single bad skin.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-28 at 09:56 PM.

Also, I got the Imp skin so I've been using that; it's really nice. Mercy really doesn't have a single bad skin.
    She has an entire kit for everyone taste...Valkyrie for fantasy, the chinese event one for something oriental, Combat medic.....and the one and only Witch skin for...reasons.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Dva is a close one with Hanzo though. Their skins are beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    She has an entire kit for everyone taste...Valkyrie for fantasy, the chinese event one for something oriental, Combat medic.....and the one and only Witch skin for...reasons.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Dva is a close one with Hanzo though. Their skins are beautiful.
    The first one I bought for her was Devil when I 'mained' her in S1 - couldn't decide between it and Valkyrie. Then like 3 games later Valkyrie dropped anyway. Actually have all but Sigrún, but Devil and Witch were the only ones I paid for, and they're still my two favourites. I'd play her more, but it's horrible for QP and she's so popular in Comp that you rarely get the chance anyway. :S