Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    There is nothing wrong with being a DPS main at that tier. You will get better and that is where the tanks and healers belong as well.

There is a place in comp for everyone, even if it is bronze, don't let anxiety keep you from doing it.
    It is not so much as anxiety as not wanting to let teammates down due to gamecrash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't play Sunday early evening, think that's the lesson for today. Premades that don't give a shit, smurfs, trolls, and just general dickheads. Down 100SR but could have been worse, things picked up later on. Dunno which was worse, the guys in a premade who went Mei/Doomfist taking both DPS slots, so I went Orisa, of course Doomfist then took Widow; so I went Widow for Attack and they just completely threw it. Or the group who managed to put together a horrendous comp, get rolled on defence completely until checkpoint 3 when they finally switched up, only to go right back to stupid for Attack. Just mindless.

Also a lot of premades with massive disparities again, obviously trying to carry and 9/10 failing. Wasn't the only one getting sick of that either.

Never play on week-ends or at times when kids aren't at school/in bed. Works 9 times out of 10 (according to Blizzard RNG charts).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Never play on week-ends or at times when kids aren't at school/in bed. Works 9 times out of 10 (according to Blizzard RNG charts).
    I think it is funny that there are adults being outperformed by kids.

Well there is also that the potheads who are sleeping when the kids are in school, the guys who spend their whole day playing video games and getting high. Guys who play high have 'addicts memory' which is where you can only recall something you did high while high, well in video games it means when you are high you play at a higher level because you were high when you fine tuned muscle memory. Weed is the oil which greases their engines. Games are less difficult in the mornings when kids are at work because these guys pass out when the sun comes up.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I'm not talking about performance but more about the behavior. Kids tend to be immature and irrespectful towards others.
    Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't apply to adults...But yeah, so far I've had better success playing at unconvential hours (success as in gaming experience).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Down 70 SR for the day. Getting pretty depressing. I get a good team for 2 rounds and then an absolute shit one the next 4-5. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying I played godlike today or anything, but some of the things I witnessed from my teammates seriously has me thinking people have brain damage.

Don't look at your SR.

You can try to coordinate your team, but spend your time thinking about what oyu can do to be better instead of noticing other people's poor play and you will climb.

Also I have started reporting people for being abusive if they complain about my picks before the match starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Usually okay at weekends, but seems better lunchtimes, then late evenings after 9. Worst times seem 4-9pm. But yeah, Weekdays tend to be better, again later on.

Meh, I'm 36, my hand is fucked from having broken it and subsequent tendonitis, and I have a chronic stomach condition which puts me in pretty constant pain and on meds that slow my reflexes, I feel I'm good to be kicking around average level with people in their prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't look at your SR.

You can try to coordinate your team, but spend your time thinking about what oyu can do to be better instead of noticing other people's poor play and you will climb.

Also I have started reporting people for being abusive if they complain about my picks before the match starts.
    Yeah, sometimes if you're tanking or supporting and your DPS just aren't working with you (3 flanking DPS and a flanking Moira while you're trying to Barrier tank is the classic), you are better off picking a different hero for the role, or just going DPS.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is how pretty much all skilled competitive activities works. There's a reason you don't see 50 year old players in the NBA, but you do see 18 year old straight out of high school kids. Olympic retirement average is even lower. It's pretty common across all sports and comp gaming.
    BAD WOLF

IS there a rule out there that says once you get into Plat you must become a dbag? Seriously, ever since ranking up the toxicity just skyrocketed. Played a game today on Anubis and we had a Widow. The player was doing pretty great, getting a lot of head shots and picks as the enemy tried to push. Watched them pop up on kill feed quite a bit.
    After holding for about 3 minutes, the enemy pushed and we failed to protect. They rushed point 2 and we lost the cap. End of the round, the Junkrat goes "thanks Widow." 2-3 of us immediately started countering him saying the Widow was doing great. On attack, we tie up the game. Can't get point A on our next attack round. Enemy team goes, we lost it with 30 seconds to go, and the same person immediately goes "thanks Mercy." Then proceeds to complain they didn't use their Ult sooner. Didn't even see our Mercy got picked on the push and was running back.
    That's just 1 example. Almost every game I've been in has been toxic as fuck, except for the 1 late night game I played where everyone was drunk and just had fun.
    Seems like awareness dropped too. That or the enemy just became a lot better at flanking, but you'd hope your team in Plat would also know the tactic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    IS there a rule out there that says once you get into Plat you must become a dbag? Seriously, ever since ranking up the toxicity just skyrocketed. Played a game today on Anubis and we had a Widow. The player was doing pretty great, getting a lot of head shots and picks as the enemy tried to push. Watched them pop up on kill feed quite a bit.
    After holding for about 3 minutes, the enemy pushed and we failed to protect. They rushed point 2 and we lost the cap. End of the round, the Junkrat goes "thanks Widow." 2-3 of us immediately started countering him saying the Widow was doing great. On attack, we tie up the game. Can't get point A on our next attack round. Enemy team goes, we lost it with 30 seconds to go, and the same person immediately goes "thanks Mercy." Then proceeds to complain they didn't use their Ult sooner. Didn't even see our Mercy got picked on the push and was running back.
    That's just 1 example. Almost every game I've been in has been toxic as fuck, except for the 1 late night game I played where everyone was drunk and just had fun.
    Seems like awareness dropped too. That or the enemy just became a lot better at flanking, but you'd hope your team in Plat would also know the tactic lol.
    The difference between plat and gold players is very small in terms of skill. Almost non existent tbh, but plats are more toxic because they play more than golds.

I already hate the blizzard world map, every match I have played the defender tends to win, too many choke points.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I already hate the blizzard world map, every match I have played the defender tends to win, too many choke points.
    Weird. Last video I saw it favored the attacker because even though there are chokes, there's not a lot of good places to set up at them. Just have to wait and see it for myself I guess.
    That being said...oh my god am I tired of people in this game and the complaining. I pick damage after waiting 5 seconds, next thing that happens is 3 more people go damage. Hog for the tank and Zen for support. I swap to Ana after no one will (even though I got picks on enemy support and had Genji following me after picking the support allowing my team to push). All 2nd point my team starts complaining we have no Mercy. Both Zen and I tell them that if one of them wants to go Mercy we'll trade them roles. They refuse and keep complaining.
    2nd round, same deal. One of our teams goes Bastion, dies in 2 seconds from focus fire and asks where the heals were, not understanding being hit by Orissa, Junkrat, and Genji all at once is going to melt him. Then blames the loss we didn't have a Mercy.

Weird. Last video I saw it favored the attacker because even though there are chokes, there's not a lot of good places to set up at them. Just have to wait and see it for myself I guess.
    That being said...oh my god am I tired of people in this game and the complaining. I pick damage after waiting 5 seconds, next thing that happens is 3 more people go damage. Hog for the tank and Zen for support. I swap to Ana after no one will (even though I got picks on enemy support and had Genji following me after picking the support allowing my team to push). All 2nd point my team starts complaining we have no Mercy. Both Zen and I tell them that if one of them wants to go Mercy we'll trade them roles. They refuse and keep complaining.
    2nd round, same deal. One of our teams goes Bastion, dies in 2 seconds from focus fire and asks where the heals were, not understanding being hit by Orissa, Junkrat, and Genji all at once is going to melt him. Then blames the loss we didn't have a Mercy.
    You typically have 2 entries at every choke, the streets are very narrow and the chokes are even more so. If you cover one choke with junkrat and a shield you pretty much hold the opponent off no matter how many try to come through it, then have 4 on the other choke and walla, winner.

Finally got round to finishing off my placements after starting today at 5-0 i ended at 8-2.

The 2 losses were dreadful games.

First i was placed in a team with a group of 4 who all just did stupid picks and contributed nothing to the game. Me and the other random went tank and healer and i finished gold on damage and elims as Rein doing nothing but holding my shield up and throwing out firestrikes.

Second I was soldier and the enemy team had a pharah. My team did nothing but shout at me to kill the pharah while i had a Roadhog with pocket Mercy and a Tracer always on me. During this we had a Junk ad Sym that refused to switch.

End placements with a score of 1240 because why not. Suppose thats what i get for playing no games outside of placements, it drops every season no matter how well i do. Was about 2300 when i actually played a few seasons back.

Reaper and Pharah need buffs.

Pharah could use 150hp 50shield, Reaper should have slightly more effective range, tighter shotgun spread and move about 2x as fast in Wraith form. Shadowstep is too slow too, make the whole animation be 2x as fast.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-24 at 06:00 AM.

Reaper and Pharah need buffs.

Pharah could use 150hp 50shield, Reaper should have slightly more effective range, tighter shotgun spread and move about 2x as fast in Wraith form. Shadowstep is too slow too, make the whole animation be 2x as fast.
    Might be too much for Reaper, but yeah, I'd love for them to give him something. Maybe tighter spread on shots or a longer range. Movement increase in Wraith would be good to, getting pretty tired of using it to escape after picking a healer or 2 and I come out getting hit by a Rein hammer who damn near matches me step for step. Says it increases movement, but it's so minimal I don't even know why Blizz put that in there.
    Another thing they could do is give you maybe .5-1 second of invulnerability before/after teleporting. Could be nice to use it more offensively instead of a runaway/flank ability.
    Again, I wouldn't want all of those as they would border too strong, but 1 or a few might not be bad.

Something I always wanted to see but never will are damage adjustments. Such as Tracer bullets doing more/less damage against targets with shields (such as Zarya, Zen, Sym), with other characters like Zen or Sym or even Zarya doing more damage against characters with shields but less damage to those without them. People like Reaper would be basically unchanged as his projectile always seemed to be an actual physical bullet, same with Hog and Hanzo. It wouldn't be a huge difference, but maybe like 2-10 damage per hit difference. Mei could freeze mechanical enemies faster since they are machines, or maybe freeze them slightly slower. Or even adjust her to freeze everyone in a cone but takes longer for each enemy hit. It's funny how useless she can be if she can't single anyone out.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-24 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be too much for Reaper, but yeah, I'd love for them to give him something. Maybe tighter spread on shots or a longer range. Movement increase in Wraith would be good to, getting pretty tired of using it to escape after picking a healer or 2 and I come out getting hit by a Rein hammer who damn near matches me step for step. Says it increases movement, but it's so minimal I don't even know why Blizz put that in there.
    Another thing they could do is give you maybe .5-1 second of invulnerability before/after teleporting. Could be nice to use it more offensively instead of a runaway/flank ability.
    Again, I wouldn't want all of those as they would border too strong, but 1 or a few might not be bad.
    Neither Reaper, nor especially Pharah need buffs. Speaknoevil's suggestions are insane and would make Reaper
    and Pharah (especially Reaper) almost as broken as classic McCree was.

That aside, Blizzard World is a gorgeous map and I wish it was real.

That being said, as a map to play on, it fucking sucks. Way too big, way too favorable to
    defense. And that final choke at the end of the map. Jesus Christ, that has to be the most
    frustrating capture point in the game, even moreso than point 2 Hanamura and Lunar Colony.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-01-24 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Neither Reaper, nor especially Pharah need buffs.

Blizzard World is a gorgeous map and I wish it was real.

That being said, as a map to play on, it fucking sucks. Way too big, way too favorable to
    defense. And that final choke at the end of the map. Jesus Christ, that has to be the most
    frustrating capture point in the game, even moreso than point 2 Hanamura and Lunar Colony.
    I disagree. She's way to vulnerable of a character. Obviously they should change her offensively to compensate, such as maybe less damage per rocket in lieu of more health or a shield that can recharge a bit. Maybe increase her splash damage slightly. Pharah is a hard hero to balance one way or the other, much like Mei, but if done right it wouldn't be terrible (except for people that don't know to aim/look up).