Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Carry harder. Reaper is exceptional at the low brackets because no one notices you shooting them in the ass unless you walk headfirst into them.
    He's actually pretty good thru Plat too, from my experience.
    This week has been shit though. Instant complaints from people. Instant. I've posted this before, but I just had another person complain when they saw me pick Widow even after I said I was just peeking out the spawn window before a match to see the enemy team.
    Just had another game where I did really well as 76, yet round 2 on defense everyone picked damage. Just before match starts, we get a Rein. After our first wipe, someone goes Mercy. At the end of the game, one of the people says c9, even though the last people alive would have been killed by DVa's Ult, then bitches at our support calling them garbage.
    I just want to go back to having fun games. I even find some losses okay as long as the match is fun, but so far they've just been frustrating how much people complain in game and play selfishly.

- - - Updated - - -

Last game of the day I finish with gold elims and damage as Support playing Zen.

the more I play moira the more I feel she is more of a dps hero than healer, her dmg is imo a bit to high and healing a bit to low
    also she can't heal the whole time she has to recharge - should be the other way imo that her right click has to recharge and can heal the whole time but how it is now that would go against her class idea
    she feels more like a close/mid range soldier 76

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As for people who threw their brain out, they're all in premades as well showing up in 3-4 stacks with all the DPS, and usually not useful combinations of either.
    noticed that aswell but there are also alot of solo player who are unabel to use their brain
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2018-01-25 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats why i have my throw account and my tryhard account. i dont play the tryhard account unless I am climbing and in the mood to tryhard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    He's actually pretty good thru Plat too, from my experience.
    This week has been shit though. Instant complaints from people. Instant. I've posted this before, but I just had another person complain when they saw me pick Widow even after I said I was just peeking out the spawn window before a match to see the enemy team.
    Just had another game where I did really well as 76, yet round 2 on defense everyone picked damage. Just before match starts, we get a Rein. After our first wipe, someone goes Mercy. At the end of the game, one of the people says c9, even though the last people alive would have been killed by DVa's Ult, then bitches at our support calling them garbage.
    I just want to go back to having fun games. I even find some losses okay as long as the match is fun, but so far they've just been frustrating how much people complain in game and play selfishly.
    Like I say, I switched comms off, there's nothing constructive in any of it anymore. It's all complaining, and all the same tired memes of who should switch and who's to blame; one match last night (we actually won) at the start there was someone on Widow and obviously they got all the questioning and detailed inspection of their profile, told to switch etc. while I'm sat there with 4 matches on Tracer and one partial win and I'm just left to get on with it.

Reaper's okay on some maps, but he's actually very often taken and besides that he's boring af to play even when you're being super effective at destroying everyone, prefer 76 for just 'mow the fuckers down' but in either case its not enough even when you're in the 40% damage or 70% eliminations contribution zone if the rest of the team (well, usually the two stack you're dumped with) are essentially afk.

Again, just got to play through it I guess, not the first time won't be the last time I've had a rough few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    noticed that aswell but there are also alot of solo player who are unabel to use their brain
    No doubt, but it's less of an impact when it's one player, the other team usually have that guy too. It's the premades who's incompetence stacks multiplicatively where it feels it goes most horribly wrong.

I hate people that don't join comms with a seething, hellish fire.

My god-tier situational awareness and callouts for my team make up for my own mechanical shortcomings in my bracket. When people don't join it triggers me.

10+ Year Old Account

My god-tier situational awareness and callouts for my team make up for my own mechanical shortcomings in my bracket. When people don't join it triggers me.
    At this level, the few people who aren't in there to just talk shit and actually make call outs, make shit call outs far too late. It's a skill all its own that simply doesn't exist at this level. Shit, the number of people I used to hear talking about a strategy for the next round when it's already round 2 was shocking.

At this level, the few people who aren't in there to just talk shit and actually make call outs, make shit call outs far too late. It's a skill all its own that simply doesn't exist at this level. Shit, the number of people I used to hear talking about a strategy for the next round when it's already round 2 was shocking.
    Make it your skill.

I started in Gold, Overwatch was my first shooter since SP games back when I was little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it your skill.

I started in Gold, Overwatch was my first shooter since SP games back when I was little.
    I dunno, text can be bad enough with the bigotry, but voice takes it to new levels and I find it really uncomfortable (especially when you get the "can everyone else leave so it's just me and Jess" guys; and then I just want to vom and leave the match) and I just end up hating everyone. Then you add in the bodily noises, chewing, TVs and babies in the background, and probably worse are the mechanical keyboards and the whole thing becomes a really big distraction so I can't focus to play properly. Worse than playing with music for sensory overload, then I miss ults and get killed and that pisses me off.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-01-25 at 11:21 AM.

I dunno, text can be bad enough with the bigotry, but voice takes it to new levels and I find it really uncomfortable (especially when you get the "can everyone else leave so it's just me and Jess" guys and I just want to vom and leave the match) and I just end up hating everyone. Then you add in the bodily noises, chewing, TVs and babies in the background, and probably worse are the mechanical keyboard and the whole thing becomes a really big distraction so I can't focus to play properly.
    I'm right there with you, but all you can really do is ignore them and call them incels. Calling them incels if they act excited is probably the most effective.

I leave the voice chat as soon as I hear people speaking anything other than english. Often it's a premade with people speaking tamil or mandarin and refusing to speak english, sometimes thai, tagalog or vietnamese.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to post something positive, so here's this.

Yay Sombra and Mercy at last.

Also a reminder that the Asp Pharah skin is beautiful.

No point joining it with randoms, it's just a flamefest or people speaking russian.

Whats your sr?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerFunk View Post
    Whats your sr?
    I have 2 accounts in masters and 1 in diamond, but it doesn't really matter. Communication helps everyone from bronze to gm.
    ------
    73% Kill Participation and 3 gold medals and no one upvotes me because they were whining about me not playing healer for them. We won,s straight up carried.

Want
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-25 at 04:04 PM.

There's times I really want to report people for cheating, but then I take a second and remember that sometimes there are people that are just that good. Smurfs, good players, god games that come along, and lucky hits all exist.
    At least this morning the games are kind of fun again. 1st one was a win but close, had a great Reaper Ult, and overall the teams actually seemed pretty evenly matched. 2nd game, had roughly the same experience; but, the enemy Zen seemed like a Smurf. The guy/girl was highly accurate and got his Ult a lot and had great positioning you don't tend to see in gold/Plat. Ended up winning that game, but major uphill battle. Our Rein was extremely aggressive, dropped his shield during enemy Ults like 76 or McCree, and the team let the enemy run behind us a lot. One moment the DVa yelled they weren't getting healed after I had called out enemy Lucio and Genji/Tracer were messing with the backline. After I pointed that out they apologized and said they are only joking and the team played it off like it was. Still, we won and that was nice.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-25 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There's times I really want to report people for cheating, but then I take a second and remember that sometimes there are people that are just that good. Smurfs, good players, god games that come along, and lucky hits all exist.
    At least this morning the games are kind of fun again. 1st one was a win but close, had a great Reaper Ult, and overall the teams actually seemed pretty evenly matched. 2nd game, had roughly the same experience; but, the enemy Zen seemed like a Smurf. The guy/girl was highly accurate and got his Ult a lot and had great positioning you don't tend to see in gold/Plat. Ended up winning that game, but major uphill battle. Our Rein was extremely aggressive, dropped his shield during enemy Ults like 76 or McCree, and the team let the enemy run behind us a lot. One moment the DVa yelled they weren't getting healed after I had called out enemy Lucio and Genji/Tracer were messing with the backline. After I pointed that out they apologized and said they are only joking and the team played it off like it was. Still, we won and that was nice.
    Report people you suspect of cheating, Blizzard will watch them and determine if they actually are.

Want
    Reap ! Reap ! Reap !~
    Want2.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Just finished carrying a game with my plat friend.

There was a gold widow on our team and she was so bad I wanted vomit blood. I honestly wanted to throw because this widow didn't deserve a W.

aaaaaaaand dropped to silver again because I lost 5 fcking games in a row because of stupid asshats who left after the first two minutes
    they should change the system. punish leaver harder and if you have a leaver on your team you should lose 50% less sr when you lose or replace the leaver with a medicore bot or sth like that

had yesterday a game where a two stack played hanzo +widow (hanzo did well and widow didn't and guess what: widow didn't change but she had the nova skin)
    enemies pushed hard almost till the last point in dorados I got pissed being the only only heal and didn't care anymore for the game switched from moira to torb and somehow defened that they didn't get the 3 point
    second round on attack picked junkrat because like said didn't care anymore. was almost the whole round on fire and we won (also had gold medal dmg and kills at the end)
    I still don't know how we won and the enemy team didn't belive it as well
    guess the first round they just wanted to trash us and forgot about the payload except rein who I kited away from the payload

10+ Year Old Account
    Voice chat can be helpful for coordination, but it can be a double edged sword because it just magnifies any awful social skills my teammates have to a frequently unbearable level.

If people ask at the start of the match and no one has been a dick or obnoxious so far, I'll always join team chat to give it a chance. If people don't ask, I'll assume they're just in their own group chats or don't plan on using it anyway, and will enjoy the silence. This works out 90% of the time, but there's always that 10% of games where someone will throw a tantrum because a few of us weren't in team chat but it was never brought up until the end. So seriously, if you plan to use team chat and not everyone is in it, just ask nicely. In my experience, pretty much everyone will switch over if you ask. I think I've seen one duo group ever that refused, and I have hundreds of hours in comp.

That said, I will also leave as soon as anyone gets yelly or rude or super annoying. My patience is too short to put up with that bullshit.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |