7+ Year Old Account
    Even two slots is better than none. I'll take what I can get on that front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why people can't seem to get the basics down;
    Honestly, the biggest "basic" frustration I have is issues with contesting lately.

Lately I see an abnormally high amount of tanks who either don't move through chokes or push on offense, or else on defense they just keep backing up as the payload gets closer and closer even when we're all there and ready for a fight. Which ultimately causes the group to fragment into those of us that care about the objective and those that don't, which is not a recipe for success (although perhaps marginally better than a team that never even engages). Or I'll get an entire team where everyone wants to flank and it's impossible for us to win any teamfights because... we never have them. We just have six instances of six vs one, and never anywhere near the objective. Or, finally, the game is about to go into overtime and most of the team is alive but want to stay off the point shooting instead of stepping on. Yes, maybe it's suicide if they have six and we have four but like... there's nothing to lose at that point. Touch it! (Worse when we ARE all still alive but some are off elsewhere doing fuck knows what)

I've had multiple games in the last week where I had gold objective time at like... sub 10 seconds. And probably half of that is me suiciding onto the payload at the very end in hopes my team follows me.

GROUP. UP. AND. CONTEST. THE. POINT.

I know I play at a lower tier and I don't think I have unreasonable expectations for that. I accept and understand that people in my MMR range are going to have shitty aim or make some bad decisions or not be great about optimising ults, have poorly timed engagements or the team might have a subpar comp, etc, etc, but... there is literally no excuse for ignoring objectives in favour of fucking around solo elsewhere at any SR/MMR level. It's like the difference between playing the game poorly (I can live with) or... playing some kind of other game entirely inside of Overwatch (makes me stabby). All I ask is that we do what we're going to do on the objective, together. We don't need five flankers, especially when the other team has the upper hand. If you want to play 1v1 tag or pattycake or whatever, make a custom game.

At the end of the day, I'll take a team that focuses the soldier before the Moira if it means I get groups that are actually teamfighting on the payload.

Yeah, I know I'm bitchy lately but my games really have been an exercise in patience lately between the assholes and the bizarre forms of failure I keep seeing.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Did you get anything good out of those anniversary boxes so far ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    My legendary box had two legendaries in it.

I was weak and bought some boxes because I didn't have enough gold for everything I wanted and got a few of the skins I wanted (Orissa, Junkrat, Doomfist, Brigitte) also which was nice, but I know not everyone wants to spend real person dollars of pixels. I got some bnet balance for doing a Blizzard playtest last weekend so I just spent it on cosmetics in OW and Heroes.

There's still a few things I want to buy but I'll wait until the end of the holiday and get with gold if I don't get before then.

(also, I was a moron and did my nine arcade wins last night instead of saving them for the holiday this week. WHY TZIVA WHY)
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Such salt lately. People talk trash constantly. The game is becoming almost unbearably not fun lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My experiences arent much different, quality of player has been dropping season by season.

Getting much less fun conversations, less communication and more frustrated players, unfortunately feels like most games go this way.
    It’s so bad lately it’s crossing over into arcade games. I used to have fun in those because people just played them and had fun, win or lose. After all, it’s hard to get mad about random heroes as it’s just RNG.
    Now though, people act like you should be god mode on every character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    So, those of us who progressed gold to diamond over the seasons are just lucky?
    Pretty much yeah.

Or your dps mains. I am not, hence why its impossible to climb as anything other
    than that. And since you can't really get better when your teammates often suck,
    its basically hoping that this system stops purposely dicking me around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My experiences arent much different, quality of player has been dropping season by season.

Getting much less fun conversations, less communication and more frustrated players, unfortunately feels like most games go this way.
    You and I are brothers in pain.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-05-23 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Pretty much yeah.
    Right. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with us improving over time, right? It's just luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Or your dps mains. I am not, hence why its impossible to climb as anything other
    than that
    . And since you can't really get better when your teammates often suck,
    its basically hoping that this system stops purposely dicking me around.
    No, I'm flexing. I often play a healer(Moira or mercy) or tank(Mostly roadhog or orisa) as a result.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-05-23 at 05:49 AM.

I’m not going to but I am curious where I’d place if I purchased a new account.

Pretty good. Until...

'Your rendering device has been lost.'
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-23 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I’m not going to but I am curious where I’d place if I purchased a new account.
    Yeah, same. I was thinking about it but I don't want to lose all the skins and stuff I've collected.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Did you get anything good out of those anniversary boxes so far ?
    I got two:
    new brig and ana from last year helloween

*the new free legendary box

Deleted
    My games are going pretty alright i like the new changes that brigette have brought

Deleted
    So, those of us who progressed gold to diamond over the seasons are just lucky?
    you have to be lucky with your Team mates if you play Solo so. Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hatethisbit View Post
    Just played my first game for a while, kings row attack, enemy hanzo had ult in less than a minute of us leaving the spawn and im not exaggerating. For the continuation of the game he was firing off his ult every couple of minutes. He also almost killed me (winston) with that new volley ability alone. Pretty frustrating game
    so ? hanzo killed you before with his scattering alone. whats the difference ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    you have to be lucky with your Team mates if you play Solo so. Yes.
    Luck really only applies in the short-term though. Luck is the "I just had the worst loss streak of my life and tanked 500 SR. I swear I don't belong in this bracket!" type of situations (Can also happen on an absurd win streak). A gradual increase season after season isn't even close to being the same thing. People don't go from 2k to 4k rating and maintain it after 400 games by luck. Some people just improve more/quicker than others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Luck really only applies in the short-term though. Luck is the "I just had the worst loss streak of my life and tanked 500 SR. I swear I don't belong in this bracket!" type of situations (Can also happen on an absurd win streak). A gradual increase season after season isn't even close to being the same thing. People don't go from 2k to 4k rating and maintain it after 400 games by luck. Some people just improve more/quicker than others.
    you can improve as much as you want if your team is Shit you gonna lose 9/10 Games. Can you carry a game or 2 ? Yeah sure but Its like this in pretty much every Game and Overwatch is no exception.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    you can improve as much as you want if your team is Shit you gonna lose 9/10 Games. Can you carry a game or 2 ? Yeah sure but Its like this in pretty much every Game and Overwatch is no exception.
    You very well might lose 9/10 games in a short burst. Conversely, you might win 9/10 even if your personal performance is abysmal.This is known as short-term volatility. However, when you play more and more games, luck plays less of a role for the overall result. Due to the law of numbers, luck isn't really a relevant point when it comes to active participants on the ladder when we look at what bracket they fall into.

That is to say, if player X is sitting in Gold in a snapshot, we must offer the concession for the possibilities that in the recent past they fell there or are on a win streak to get them there. However, if we can see their trend over a number of games or have access to their past seasons, someone didn't just magically hang out in Gold for more than 100 games due to luck. And so it becomes disingenous to suggest that someone that has climbed from Gold to Diamond gradually over a number seasons in solo queue did so only by luck. The reality is that they have improved their game over time, and their rank reflects that growth as a player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with-
    Cut you off right there because yes, luck is a big factor. Either you are lucky enough to get
    a competent group, or you are equally UNLUCKY enough to keep getting shitlords.

No, I'm flexing. I often play a healer(Moira or mercy) or tank(Mostly roadhog or orisa) as a result.
    I also mostly play Support or tanks. Neither of which will carry a game if your dps can't kill shit.

Had a mystery heroes match that sums up my comp games lately perfectly: no semblance of a team comp and watch 3 of my teammates charge off point to instantly die and leave us 3v6.
    People get Moira and don’t bother healing teammates that are damn near dead standing next to them.
    Oh well, at least it hasn’t been toxic today.

I missed playing Junkenstein. Such a simple yet funny event. Uprising and Retribution up coming this week-end. Another chance at trying to get a high score.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.