I finally uninstalled the game last week.
    For a while i've been playing only for weekly arcade boxes almost out of some sort of obligation because i've invested so much time into the game.

I hope improvements/balance happens and ill be able to enjoy the game again but for now I'll see how long i can stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I finally uninstalled the game last week.
    For a while i've been playing only for weekly arcade boxes almost out of some sort of obligation because i've invested so much time into the game.

I hope improvements/balance happens and ill be able to enjoy the game again but for now I'll see how long i can stay away.
    Damn, i couldn't say it better myself. I used to play OW everyday but it became a different game from what i liked. Abilities and sustain became way too strong to actually kill someone outside of one shots and burst damage (ehi, exactly why we have double sniper meta and Hanzo being actually bonkers compared to any other damage dealer).
    I realized if it wasn't for the skin and time invested in OW i would have quit before the Archive event, but the Brigitte patch broke the camel back and playing a game just to grind pixel dresses wasn't a good idea. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Great, I throw my games, went from plat to silver. I love pissing my team off. 10/10
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Deleted
    Blizzard should have to refund every player due to the amount of aimbotters, throwers, leavers and so on in this game. You can't actually enjoy playing the game 50% of the games because you have an aimbotter, leaver or thrower in your game 50% of the games.

At this point, I dont know whats worse. In Solo queue you have people treating it like QP, in group finder its just full of people not playing what they know

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the endorsement system. I like the basic idea but to add a decay to it is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of.

They basically expect you to be the best and most awesome and friendly player every single game, cause if you go a few games without a couple of endorsements, you will decay and decay and maybe even lose your level.

I can't see ANY reason a decay system even exist. I get it if you get reported, but by just playing and not getting endorsements, it doesn't mean you are toxic or anything. If you find people who don't endorse ANYONE, which strangely happens, the system once again show how flawed it is.

I love Overwatch and I love my favorite heroes, which are all DPS. BUT since the endorsement system, I felt forced to abandon all my main heroes to ONLY play healer. Because healers get most endorsements BY FAR.

I reached endorsement level 5 last week (finally) and even now, I can't play anything else than healer, for fear of losing the level I fought hard to get

You simply can't reach and maintain level 5 by playing DPS, trust me, most people will prio healers > tanks > dps for their votes
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I hate the endorsement system. I like the basic idea but to add a decay to it is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of.

They basically expect you to be the best and most awesome and friendly player every single game, cause if you go a few games without a couple of endorsements, you will decay and decay and maybe even lose your level.

I can't see ANY reason a decay system even exist. I get it if you get reported, but by just playing and not getting endorsements, it doesn't mean you are toxic or anything. If you find people who don't endorse ANYONE, which strangely happens, the system once again show how flawed it is.

I love Overwatch and I love my favorite heroes, which are all DPS. BUT since the endorsement system, I felt forced to abandon all my main heroes to ONLY play healer. Because healers get most endorsements BY FAR.

I reached endorsement level 5 last week (finally) and even now, I can't play anything else than healer, for fear of losing the level I fought hard to get

You simply can't reach and maintain level 5 by playing DPS, trust me, most people will prio healers > tanks > dps for their votes
    Don't worry about it, every knows it's no more worthwhile than the voting card thing at the end. People only vote to get the XP in the first place.

Am only level 3 simply because I don't play so much as I used to, but given I tank, I do fairly consistently get endorsements, and if I go support I'm basically guaranteed them; DPS not so much. In either case, votes are more likely when you win. Is what it is, it's not like you get anything from it anyway.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-08-08 at 11:17 AM.

Never thought I could complain about Mystery Heroes, but man was I wrong. Stacked groups that play like they just bought the game. People get Mercy and just shoot with her pistol, Moira shifting into the middle of the enemy team, enemy Sombra holding off an entire group of 5 because no one turns around to shoot her when she pops out behind everyone.
    It’s getting laughable how bad some people are, as well as how much some people just troll their teams.
    I’ve played roughly 8 games as Mystery and lost all of them. I’ve never had that happen before as usually statistics alone will stack your group at least 1 out of 5 games.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-08-10 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit tired that something bugs every single patch. Last time it was Hammond items in loot boxes, this time, a player icon "Summer Games 2018" is bugged. It's minor, but yet so irritating.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Would be interested to see participation numbers for overwatch,

Im convinced the nanny approach and obsession over "toxicity" and banning free speech is bad for the long term health of the game.

Rather than letting the community sort it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Would be interested to see participation numbers for overwatch,

Im convinced the nanny approach and obsession over "toxicity" and banning free speech is bad for the long term health of the game.

Rather than letting the community sort it out
    Amazing how people who whine about free speech don't even know there are a bunch of other fundamental freedoms, and how keen they are they are to use their free speech to take those away from others. Not that it matters in a private forum.

The community can't sort its own shit out, it needs policing. That why communities invented policing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Amazing how people who whine about free speech don't even know there are a bunch of other fundamental freedoms, and how keen they are they are to use their free speech to take those away from others. Not that it matters in a private forum.

The community can't sort its own shit out, it needs policing. That why communities invented policing.
    where was I whining about free speech?

All I was saying is, theres better ways of policing this stuff than the over the top nanny approach.

And in the past communities have made games for the better or worse, no reason overwatch cant be different. How do you let the siblings sort it out though when mom and dad (blizz) always step in with automated responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    where was I whining about free speech?

All I was saying is, theres better ways of policing this stuff than the over the top nanny approach.

And in the past communities have made games for the better or worse, no reason overwatch cant be different. How do you let the siblings sort it out though when mom and dad (blizz) always step in with automated responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    banning free speech is bad for the long term health of the game.
    OW relies heavily on random group generators, which means you're not going to see the same people from day to day, irrespective of whether you use the LFG system or just straight up solo queue.

WoW relies on small realms, and then breaks that down to guilds, where the chances of running into the same people is virtually guaranteed.

Familiarity is what breeds respect in WoW. There's no chance of any in OW. There's no community if there's no familiarity.

OW relies heavily on random group generators, which means you're not going to see the same people from day to day, irrespective of whether you use the LFG system or just straight up solo queue.

WoW relies on small realms, and then breaks that down to guilds, where the chances of running into the same people is virtually guaranteed.

Familiarity is what breeds respect in WoW. There's no chance of any in OW. There's no community if there's no familiarity.

Yeah I wouldnt call that complaining, just stating fact. Sorry if certain buzz words trigger people on the internet.

Many games utilize group search functions, many of which have similar numbers to overwatch.

Counter Strike doesnt have such an obsession over toxicity and has done fine for years, they've had major problems with cheaters and hackers but theres a different story.

Why do games like OW, LoL, dota 2 draw in such a particular crowd that they are normally aggressive teenagers or people with low maturity trying to be funny/trolling? Maybe they should look at the way the games are designed and who they are catering towards instead. Might be more success there.

Do you think an authentic world war 2 tank simulation would get the same crowd as overwatch? and of those two options which community do you think its gonna be more interested in building a community, Food for thought as an age of empires 2 player that still has a passionate online fan base with no need for such over the top laws
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-08-11 at 10:44 PM.

Yes and no. It needs something. But the problem is who to "punish" . Yes people can be toxic or salty . I am it sometimes. But why are people like that...
    - Because a reindhard charges into a bastion?
    - you set up as a reinhard in a attack chocke and the bastion in your team ( yeah i know) does not even go into turret mode.
    - run in 1 at the time.
    - do not stay near objective.
    - hunt for kills. Mostly die because of this.
    - because of the above two, 2 people go to objective and die. and give the other team the upperhand numbers wise. Ult charges.
    - because in game after game you are the only one on objectives. get all gold as moria even get 67% of the damage done in the team in 1...freaking....match. ( blizzworld). ( oohh and had all gold) and pretty much moved the objective from point to point by myself :S:S
    - bastion2 remark: Or have been killed and see a flanking bastion. Warn your team via voice AND text chat. And idiots die because they do not react. Like: hey guys the small corridor on your right..there is a bastion healing up to attack you. and no one reacts on it.

You know...people who do not know the basics of OW.

The problem is in a huge part the other players...loosing a match because the other team is better is not bad.
    Loosing a match because your own team does not understand the basics of OW or want to listen to very small advice ( see bastion2 remark).

So yeah...then it becomes toxic/salty.
    Think the avoid list should be WAY WAY WAY bigger. That would help. Do something with reports. I have had throwers etc in QP/COMP and they are still playing.

Deleted
    I feel like they need to introduce a queue which separates people who have leaves and people who don't. I've played 6 games now, 6 leavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese and onion View Post
    I feel like they need to introduce a queue which separates people who have leaves and people who don't. I've played 6 games now, 6 leavers.
    Don't see why they don't, most other games have a "naughty" queue

Deleted
    Lost about 15 games in a row on my main account, won 6 in a row on alt one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Don't see why they don't, most other games have a "naughty" queue
    They don’t have a naughty queue because they’d rather just not have naughty players. They want those guys in OWL.

Deleted
    Why cant you spell losing probably.

Its lose and losing, there is not such word as loosing. I learnt this in grade school.

Have a nice day