Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mages are and will forever be mages too damn stronk!

Deleted
    Dungeons are not the best place to make judgement on relative strength. Havoc does deceivingly well in them, because their cooldowns line up well for trashpacks and metamorphosis is excellent at bosses that don't live for that long. You can expect Havoc dps numbers to fall quite a bit once bosses and trash starts to live longer (aka. raids)
    So basically wait for raid testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    How!? how do they screw up something that easy? I feel like it is a really simple class to play, which is fine, and as long as you fire your meta at the right time during a burn phase, or right at the start of a fight to get it back up at the end...you will be in really good shape.

Maybe there is more to the class than that haha.
    idk man......I'll pull 300k in meta and 180k single target. Been in a group with all DH and a pally heals and they were pullin 90-120k meta and 60-70k single. Never saw them use blade dance on single target and they took strange talent combos. They could be testing but it's more likely they had no idea what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    Haha cause arcane is top atm? And you consistently beat them in beta?
    Something like that, yes.
    A bit unfair, of course. Arcane does well with good gear , something no one on beta has at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Raid TESTING is coming back soon. You'll likely never see the entire raid open on the Beta.
    Anyway, Havoc is the best dps spec in the game atm. Nothing has changed, and it doesn't look like they want it any other way, which makes sense to me.
    There is a very strong possibility they wont scale as well as they do now, or that other specs will simply scale and get much better set bonuses.

As of right now in dungeons, if you brought all DHs (even more than one tank) you would be maximizing your potential to complete the dungeon to the maximum.
    Other than Bloodlust, Demon Hunter is the quintessential damage deal.
    Very strong burst CD for AOE, 5 min cd god mode for bosses.
    There is no way Demon hunters will ship being above and beyond all melee in damage. Rest assured that blizzard does not want a mass exodus of people leaving all other melee and play DH. Because if you have absolute best mobility and top dps, why play anything else? Players are not stupid and at the top of the pve food chain Blizzard will avoid the situation where guild stack classes. In HFC the quicly nerfed frost DKs and their trinket to avoid stacking them.

If you have been in this game long enough to see what happened to DKs and monks, and the direction pve is going with dps mainly doing dps and not bringing anything else major to raid, then you can easily see that design wise DH cannot be god mode. On some fights,yes sure they might be top marginally but all the time? let me burst your bubble: no way.

And that is coming from someone that has been around a long time and intend to play a DH.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Something like that, yes.
    A bit unfair, of course. Arcane does well with good gear , something no one on beta has at the moment.
    Normal Raids start a 850 Ilvl, most of my guild on beta has 840-850 ilvl because of Mythic +. DH's are good, They can do 200-300k single target dps depending on their gear/trinkets, on part with most other classes that are that geared (Balance, Enhance, Unholy, Havoc, Even Arcane/Fire).
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Ontopic, i play both factions since i accidentally the queues
    Ben Dover and Alpha Queue too!

Design wise, blizzard does not want to create a class or rather a superclass and have everyone that plays melee dps competitively in raids feel obligated to roll a demon hunter to be at the top.

If they are way ahead of all melee: no point playing anything but a demon hunter.

If they are ahead but reasonably on some fights that favors them: thats the sweet spot where blizzard will ensure that all melee fall into.

I have seen rogues, warriors, enhance shaman and DKs. I doubt when tuning is done that demon hunter will be god mode over the aforementioned classes.

Just play what you like, because in the end there wont an OP class appart from the usual ones: mages, warlocks and rogues (remember scaling).

Absolute best mobility on DH is a bit exagerated. I wouldnt call DH having more mobility then a WW monk for raiding purpose were double jump amd glide wont escape most mecanic

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is this Annihilation nerf that people keep talking about? I've gone through all of their spells, the patch notes, and I can't find anything called Annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Design wise, blizzard does not want to create a class or rather a superclass and have everyone that plays melee dps competitively in raids feel obligated to roll a demon hunter to be at the top.

If they are way ahead of all melee: no point playing anything but a demon hunter.

If they are ahead but reasonably on some fights that favors them: thats the sweet spot where blizzard will ensure that all melee fall into.

I have seen rogues, warriors, enhance shaman and DKs. I doubt when tuning is done that demon hunter will be god mode over the aforementioned classes.

Just play what you like, because in the end there wont an OP class appart from the usual ones: mages, warlocks and rogues (remember scaling).
    Well i am not looking for a super class, but didn't that happen with DKs? DKS at launch just dominated the meters for a long time? I am just curious where DHs stand now, and hopefully they will be able to compete for top spots assuming the player is good, and not where shadow priest has been the last couple of xpacs mid-bottom tier. Do any of the dungeons or raids are you fighting demons in them? I assume demon hunters in those types of dungeons or raids they will be very good in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They are ridiculously OP now but that also means they'll see some heavy nerfs once the expantions been out for a while.

I'd stay far away from a new class till Blizzard gets the balance right.
    Yeah, I don't think they would want a repeat of the WOTLK launch with DKs topping the meters in PvE and dominating PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is this Annihilation nerf that people keep talking about? I've gone through all of their spells, the patch notes, and I can't find anything called Annihilation.
    When you use Metamorphosis Chaos Strike turns into Annihilation, this spell is uncategorized so it doesn't get caught by automated datamining, but you can still check it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they would want a repeat of the WOTLK launch with DKs topping the meters in PvE and dominating PvP.
    exactly and they are unlikely to want all melee players to move to DH, other melee must also be competitive and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    When you use Metamorphosis Chaos Strike turns into Annihilation, this spell is uncategorized so it doesn't get caught by automated datamining, but you can still check it manually.
    Great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    exactly and they are unlikely to want all melee players to move to DH, other melee must also be competitive and interesting.
    I know right! I remember jumping into BGs and having it be all DKs on both sides lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    There are a large amount of people who play the class they enjoy. You guys seem to speak in this language that speaks for all players at once, which is really odd. You don't speak for me. If Demon Hunters aren't fun to play, and if their kit is boring (which it kinda is), I believe people will continue to play their favorite class despite what the DH can do if played properly. While I recognize Mythic guilds and players often make sacrifices to be the best, we're talking a VERY small percentage of the overall playerbase. The masses will play the classes they enjoy playing, not the ones that top DPS meters more than 50% of the time. If this hypothesis were true, we'd see almost no DPS classes on Live other than Mages/Rogues.

It's just got that new, fresh feel to people who haven't tried it or haven't received a Beta invite. Personally, in my opinion to reiterate, I find DH incredibly boring. It feels like I'm playing a HotS or League character. Very small kit, not much meat on the bone. I'm sticking to my Rogue.
    I mean you expressing your opinion is no different than what we are doing. I believe most of us on this forum have already decided we are playing DH, or atleast I have. I am just curious how DHs are going right now for people, I am playing it if it sucks or if it is godly, Just curious the success with it, I don't really mind if it is boring.

Play what you wanna play. Unless you're in that cutting edge top 0.001% of raiding guilds, you'll find a raid spot if you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Play what you wanna play. Unless you're in that cutting edge top 0.001% of raiding guilds, you'll find a raid spot if you're good.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of delusional people who think they're the best and if they don't have a raid spot because they suck, it's really because Blizzard fucked up their class.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1854&wipes=1

Here is some logs from dragons of nightmare testing while i was playing dh. As you can see they are still strong performers even on a fight that is considered bad for melee. The first few pulls i was going into portals the last 12 pulls i was outside.

We arent by any means weak after the chaos strike nerf ad it only hit us on ST during cleave Chaos strike still refunds 40 fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhiz View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1854&wipes=1

Here is some logs from dragons of nightmare testing while i was playing dh. As you can see they are still strong performers even on a fight that is considered bad for melee. The first few pulls i was going into portals the last 12 pulls i was outside.

We arent by any means weak after the chaos strike nerf ad it only hit us on ST during cleave Chaos strike still refunds 40 fury.
    Why is that locks damage so high? Gear? Or is there a fight mechanic that tuned his damage up extremely high?