Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    James Gunn the guardians of galaxy director/writer is taking over the suicide squad franchise, lolz

https://deadline.com/2018/10/james-g...ct-1202479455/
    well.... if he can bring the same flair and chemistry that was Guardians to Suicide Squad, the sequel may not be that bad to watch lol. Disney was DUMB AS F to get rid of him over comments made all those years ago, but in today's Social Media court, you past is just as equal to your present no matter HOW much you may have changed.

We will see what we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    James Gunn the guardians of galaxy director/writer is taking over the suicide squad franchise, lolz

https://deadline.com/2018/10/james-g...ct-1202479455/
    "In the news today, DC has hired a team to scour the social media of the Russo's to try to get Disney to fire them too".

(Not really, but...)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    "In the news today, DC has hired a team to scour the social media of the Russo's to try to get Disney to fire them too".

(Not really, but...)
    wouldnt mind a russo justice league movie

but I wanted patrick wilson to play flash, he would have been perfect :/ and they need to get martian manhunter in there already he'd open the films up to entirely new options with his abilities

Would love to see Gunn take on Secret Six more than Suicide Squad. Six has more of a dysfunctional family vibe than suicide squad would.

I dunno. Gunn could make a script that is pure gold but DC/WB will find a way to turn it into shit.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Would love to see Gunn take on Secret Six more than Suicide Squad.
    I would be all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    First episode of Titans was great! It only sucks that we have to wait a week for another episode lol. And that there was so little screen time for Beast Boy in this episode.
    Do past episodes remain? So if you waited for a while then subbed, you could watch them all?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

So whats peoples thoughts on Doomsday clock?

I think Dr. M is attacking the idea of hope, Since everything with new 52/rebirth has been lack of hope. Dr. M him self mentions hope alot. Ideas are gods in the D.C universe and hope has been something missing alot of times. Think its going to end with superman killing dr. m being empowered with the gods might and introduce the god based on hope.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Adding Gunn to Suicide Squad is unlikely to fix it, since the biggest problem that the movie had was studio meddling. I fully expect Gunn to make it 2/3 of the way into the project before quitting because WB want it to be something that isn't fully thought out, and we end up with another cobbled together mess with a neat but disconnected soundtrack.

AFAIK, yes. The first season will all be aired by late December if you want to wait until then, I can't imagine they'll be removing the episodes. But, then again, given how they are handling the comic side of the service who can tell for certain?

When I signed up for the service there was a free trial week so that may be worth looking into just to see the first episode and see if it catches your interest.
    also its already been renewed for a season 2.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

'Aquaman' Film Review: James Wan's Outrageous Underwater Epic Rewrites the Superhero Rules

After decades of getting treated like a pop culture punchline, thanks almost entirely to "Super Friends" (with a little help from "Entourage"), Aquaman finally has his own feature film. It's a weird and wonderful superhero adventure that strives — and almost succeeds — to be the most epic superhero movie ever made.

Directed by James Wan ("Furious 7"), "Aquaman" ventures from a neon, "Tron"-inspired Atlantis to ancient ruins straight out of "Indiana Jones," and then into a nightmare realm of evil swarming fish monsters. It features gigantic battles between innocent crab people and bad guys riding armored sharks. At one point, a DayGlo rave octopus plays the drums while Aquaman fights for the throne of Atlantis in an underwater gladiator arena called "The Ring of Fire."

To call this movie "big" is an understatement. "Aquaman" has damn near everything: Amber Heard wears a dress made out of domesticated jellyfish, Julie Andrews voices a Lovecraftian aquatic leviathan, Nicole Kidman eats a live goldfish (presumably fake), Willem Dafoe spins a trident so fast it creates an impenetrable saltwater shield.

"Aquaman" isn't like most other superhero movies. Our hero doesn't spend much time in a recognizable world. Instead, he explores fantastical domains that seem straight out of the imagination of Robert E. Howard, which sets the film firmly in a related, but separate literary tradition. Wan's "Aquaman" is pulp, through and through, and it's as broad and outlandish as you could possibly hope for.

Wan's film pushes too far sometimes, but that's because it's pushing as hard as it can. "Aquaman" does nothing by halves, ultimately reaping the rewards and occasionally suffering some consequences. Those aren't bugs, they're features. Wan seems to be operating under the philosophy that sci-fi/fantasy should stretch the limits of the imagination, even at the cost of possibly looking ludicrous. How much you personally agree with that philosophy will probably have a lot to do with whether or not you like "Aquaman."

But either way, you're in for a spectacle. "Aquaman" has been designed with the IMAX aspect ratio in mind, and Wan knows how to fill that frame. The fantastical set designs are brimming with detail, and the scenes where Arthur and Mera are frantically swimming away from a horde of killer ichthyoid monstrosities play with negative space, creating a sense of overwhelming, beautiful hopelessness. It's a world where anything can happen, and it always looks amazing when it does.

"Aquaman" is a sword-and-sorcery sci-fi archaeology horror war superhero epic without shame. But why would it have shame? James Wan dives into the strangest caverns of DC's vast mythologies and brings it all to the big screen, challenging you to accept just how unusual superhero stories can be.

Aquaman is hilarious. The drumming octopus, the neighing seahorses, and the bad guys competing to be Ocean Master were just too funny. It's not bad, and in places it looks stunning, but in others there are Atlantean Power Rangers and a Black Manta costume that looks like an oversized cosplay the titular alien in Paul.

One of the most entertaining films I've seen in a while, just don't expect to take it seriously.

So they're copying Marvel films now?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Lol.....

And justice league wasnt an attempt at avengers success already? You're a bit late to the party on that one

Aquaman Has No Business Being This Good

Jason Momoa reigns in this dense, nerdy, and sublimely silly film, in which discussions of oceanic parliamentary law exist alongside a giant octopus playing the drums.

Far be it from me to judge other nations, but there’s something rotten at the core of Atlantis, the underwater setting of the new DC Comics blockbuster Aquaman. The realm’s monarchical system of primogeniture has handed the throne to a warmongering maniac named Orm (played by Patrick Wilson). Relationships with the crab people of the Brine kingdom and the spiky monsters of the underwater trenches are at all-time lows. And the nation’s only plan to combat global warming is to try to invade the surface with an army on shark-back. Wait, does this all sound like a bizarrely complicated piece of high fantasy rather than a goofy comic-book film? I have great news for you, reader: It’s both.

Enter Jason Momoa’s Aquaman. A thickly bearded, trident-wielding beach bro, he first made a cameo appearance in Batman v. Superman and then was given a little more to do in 2017’s Justice League. In that film, he was largely relied on to occasionally spear a monster or shout bits of encouragement such as “My man!” to his more famous teammates. Momoa, still best known for his work on Game of Thrones, gave an affable performance that suggested any potential solo film would have a freewheeling, surfer-movie vibe.

Not so much. Instead, in the hands of Wan (who created the Saw, Insidious, and Conjuring franchises and more recently directed Furious 7), Aquaman is a hilariously dense, intensely nerdy, and sublimely silly project, one where discussions of oceanic parliamentary law exist alongside a giant octopus playing the drums. It’s a film that feels more indebted to the assuredly zany work of directors such as the Wachowskis (particularly Jupiter Ascending) and Luc Besson (Lucy, Valerian) than to grim-and-gritty DC Comics movies such as Suicide Squad. And it’s anchored by Momoa’s easy-breezy approach, which keeps matters from ever feeling too overwhelming or arcane.

There’s a lot going on in this movie, and Wan happily dumps it all in the viewer’s lap, highlights it in various shades of neon, and dials the visual inventiveness up to maximum. This is a sensory-overload movie, but in a good way—the action isn’t chopped to pieces and dully rendered as in so many superhero movies, and the film never pauses to address some unrelated spin-off or sequel in the DC world. This is a story about the fraught political situation of Atlantis, and the necessity of a consensus-building, holy-trident-wielding half-human coming in to institute various reforms. Some of those reforms might involve giant crab people. If you have a problem with that, the exits in your theater are clearly marked.

Aquaman serves as further evidence that the DC Universe can thrive if it embraces the grander sincerity of its godlike heroes rather than trying to ground them in the real world. Yes, Momoa knows how to have a good time amid all the underwater special effects and encyclopedic world-building. There’s plenty of humor and fun to be found in a film where Dolph Lundgren rides a giant seahorse into battle. But Aquaman works because it isn’t laughing at itself—it’s both joyously whimsical and confident in its own seaworthiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    This move can be just described with the word "fun". Really loved it, out of the current DC movies it's defiantly the best one, also the if possible see it in IMAX 3D because I haven't seen this good CGI in a very long time, only thing that really bothered me is that Mera was a ass kicker at the start of the movie, but when they went to the trench kingdom she suddenly became a confused weakling.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Speaking of dc universe all the people who hated on titans were so fucking wrong. like, zetus lapetus is that show good.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Speaking of dc universe all the people who hated on titans were so fucking wrong. like, zetus lapetus is that show good.
    I didn't enjoy it, maybe I just am too familiar with the comics?

Red Letter Media destroys Aquaman in its latest episode of Half in the Bag

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

fat youtube nerds talking about a film doesnt mean shit.

Aquaman is doing well in sales and crowd response.

Its nice to see DC executives actually let directors make thier own film. In this case the very talented James Wan