Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.3 Patch notes for feral.

So guys, the patch notes are here, what are your thoughts about it?

What do you think that will be the best talents route?

There are already multiple threads on this, there's nothing new in those notes(other than a mistake in the % increase to everything)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It looks like this'll be great for scrubs like me who want to get into feral, but a nerf for people who can already play it well. Yay for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboard View Post
    It looks like this'll be great for scrubs like me who want to get into feral, but a nerf for people who can already play it well. Yay for me.
    Actually it's an increase even at the top end, but yeah, it's definitely a bigger increase the less skilled the player is.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Then i'm sorry, i didn't see the posts, i just wanted to make a post to discuss patch notes and possible builds

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    Then i'm sorry, i didn't see the posts, i just wanted to make a post to discuss patch notes and possible builds
    Honestly: Neither have I. There are only some small discussions without any real data behind them floating around. But I haven't read anything about which alternative builds could emerge and how far behind those are in relation to the best build. Generally Feral discussion seems to be somewhat scarce around here.

Quote Originally Posted by guerron View Post
    Honestly: Neither have I. There are only some small discussions without any real data behind them floating around. But I haven't read anything about which alternative builds could emerge and how far behind those are in relation to the best build. Generally Feral discussion seems to be somewhat scarce around here.
    Discord is your best bet for this, and they are still working on the final numbers. It is pointless to do it until right before the patch because things change so often on the PTR.

As a boomkin for almost a year now in Legion, I do hope Feral goes up like Sub did for example. Do hope AoE won't be present in 10/9 bosses in Argus.
    I'm actually getting offended when people ask me if I'm Balance because Feral is bad. They are discriminating and being specists(racists with spec).

love the specists last week i got a whisper from a mythic 0 run asking if im balance or not and got declined im ilv 915 btw and this is mythic 0
    hopefully the buffs change people's perspective

Deleted
    best talents as of now will be:

Inc/SR/BT for ST
    BrS at 2+ targets

Imho they should consider buffing JW slightly so you have actually a real choice between JW and INC. Other than that the spec is way more forgiving now and really easy to manage. And for casuals it will be much more fun since talents are really close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    love the specists last week i got a whisper from a mythic 0 run asking if im balance or not and got declined im ilv 915 btw and this is mythic 0
    hopefully the buffs change people's perspective
    That gives me an awful flashback to Vanilla and BC days, if you were playing Kitty back then you were doing it wrong unfortunately. Because of that I played feral tank in BC and hated every second of it, that's not going to happen again, when I come back I'm sticking to Kitty even if I'm the pariah of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    As a boomkin for almost a year now in Legion, I do hope Feral goes up like Sub did for example. Do hope AoE won't be present in 10/9 bosses in Argus.
    I'm actually getting offended when people ask me if I'm Balance because Feral is bad. They are discriminating and being specists(racists with spec).
    Sub was already strong before Shuriken Combo, Shuriken Combo just pushed them to an absurd level.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Sub was already strong before Shuriken Combo, Shuriken Combo just pushed them to an absurd level.
    How exactly does being behind 5-6 other specs in dps translate into "absurd level"?
    Last edited by mmoc425fbf9e6f; 2017-08-26 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eq View Post
    How exactly does being behind 5-6 other specs in dps translate into "absurd level"?
    If you don't think Shuriken combo is OP, no amount of logic is going to fix you.

But just in case: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    If you don't think Shuriken combo is OP, no amount of logic is going to fix you.

But just in case: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps
    Ofc the Shuriken-Combo mechanic is putting them on top boss dmg in add fights lol. Boosting ST rather than having high cleave dmg is the whole point of its existence. Still they're far from the top in overall dps in those fights. Honestly, you just seem to be envious of this mechanic.

Ofc the Shuriken-Combo mechanic is putting them on top boss dmg in add fights lol. Boosting ST rather than having high cleave dmg is the whole point of its existence. Still they're far from the top in overall dps in those fights. Honestly, you just seem to be envious of this mechanic.
    If they were top overall DPS, that would just be insane beyond any comparison, considering they're doing it to 1 target while everybody else is doing it to like 3-4. They're able to essentially do as much ST(with a tiny bit of AoE from Shuriken Storm) as other people do on sustained 3-4 targets, and boss damage is more valuable than add damage on most of those fights in ToS. That is broken. I think it's a good mechanic(I like turning adds into more boss damage), it's just tuned poorly and probably can't ever be tuned properly.
    And before you say "but Affliction...", yes, Affliction is also fundamentally broken simply because of how the spec functions(benefitting massively from dying adds)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-08-29 at 08:55 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They're able to essentially do as much ST(with a tiny bit of AoE from Shuriken Storm) as other people do on sustained 3-4 targets, and boss damage is more valuable than add damage on most of those fights in ToS. That is broken.
    Idk with what kind of arms, boomkins and warlocks (even arcane mage) you played with. But any of those I play with will do 3 times the aoe damage on 4 mobs that a sub rogue does on one of those 4 mobs. Also, why is boss damage more valuable? On most aoe fights adds are the priority targets, meaning they have to die asap. Why would boss dmg be more valuable there?

Idk with what kind of arms, boomkins and warlocks (even arcane mage) you played with. But any of those I play with will do 3 times the aoe damage on 4 mobs that a sub rogue does on one of those 4 mobs. Also, why is boss damage more valuable? On most aoe fights adds are the priority targets, meaning they have to die asap. Why would boss dmg be more valuable there?
    Idk about arms, locks or mages, but a boomkin on 4 mobs that die 2 seconds after you can put dots up does shit damage. We shine very good in high uptime AoE, like green tadpoles, the small ones die in a matter of seconds in my group....

Lol dude. Sub is BY FAR the best melee in ToS and one of the best specs if not the best spec overall. Also, none of the bosses in ToS have priority adds that need to die asap (beside KJ's ones ), while on bosses like Misstress and desolate host boss damage is by far the most valuable thing. Shuriken combo is pretty much broken and need to be nerfed.

PS: As a side note, my main is a sub rogue.

As

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    Lol dude. Sub is BY FAR the best melee in ToS and one of the best specs if not the best spec overall. Also, none of the bosses in ToS have priority adds that need to die asap (beside KJ's ones ), while on bosses like Misstress and desolate host boss damage is by far the most valuable thing. Shuriken combo is pretty much broken and need to be nerfed.
    If you don't see that rogues are taken for their personal deff utility, how should anyone be able to respect your opinion? I certainly can't. Method raiders said in several interviews that their damage is fine and their survivability/cheese potential is op, while arms was absolutely insane in dps. In AoE burst situations sub can quite shine. But this burst is not coming from Shuriken-Combo. It's coming from shoulder, cloak+glaive trinket. The whole of Nighthold had adds > boss dmg priority. And Inquisition, Harjatan and KJ still have it. So why don't you reflect on your unshakeable "boss dmg most important by far" sentiment.