Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    I have to wonder if all of the people with the "GG Blizzard can't wait for this to be abused" or "Wow, this is so needlessly harsh" sentiments are simply the folks who know they'll end up being silenced when this feature goes live...

Being helpful and friendly doesn't take anything out of your day!
    Well since people who are silenced appear to be able to report people, it will just be report everybody while you are silenced just to fuck with the employees

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    Whisper to friends (both WoW friends and Battle.net Friends)
    Reply to Whispers from Non-friends
    Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)
    Create Parties and Raids
    Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
    Share Quests

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The whole thing is swapped.
    I know - which is why I remove that comment 10 minutes ago. No idea where you scooped it up from

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Nobody talks in this game anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I know - which is why I remove that comment 10 minutes ago. No idea where you scooped it up from
    It took me 10 minutes to write those two paragraphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best to just not chat with anyone other than your friends and guildmates, that way no Trigglypuff can get your account penalized.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

So, first off, "investigation" has meant little so far from what i can tell about the report system, i have heard about multiple reports from people that have been banned from Multiboxer reporting, but i have no proof to provide so i would not worry too much.

More importantly, you cant duel/wargame or make a party but /y and /s spam all over Orgrimmar, or did i miss something there?

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Seems pretty unnecessary. I know they mean well, but this will most likely just be abused. There's an ignore button for a reason and already a "report spam" button aswell. I don't see why this is needed
    You can't ignore an account, and also people end up filling up their ignore lists. Having some form of silencing for serial annoyances does seem like a good idea.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, this new Silence Penalty won't be abused by trolls in the slightest...

Works great in hots, thumbs up from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    So, first off, "investigation" has meant little so far from what i can tell about the report system, i have heard about multiple reports from people that have been banned from Multiboxer reporting, but i have no proof to provide so i would not worry too much.

More importantly, you cant duel/wargame or make a party but /y and /s spam all over Orgrimmar, or did i miss something there?
    It's easy to ignore someone spamming in /y or /s.

That doesn't prevent them from spamming invites or being an annoyance through other systems. This does.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post

What channels are these? Only thing I can think of are LFG tool groups which have a leader / moderator.
    You can create and join player-made channels. Those are moderated by whoever creates them.

It will take multiple reports..not just one or 2 people reporting you..unless the trolls are in packs targeting people, you will be fine. They usually have abuse mechanics in place to prevent it from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Any custom channel you create will have a moderator.

people who have anything against this is probably the ones who spend most of their time trolling/flaming in trade chat anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You can't ignore an account, and also people end up filling up their ignore lists. Having some form of silencing for serial annoyances does seem like a good idea.
    Ignores actually are account-wide now. Just ignore one character and it'll ignore the rest.

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Ignores are account-wide (WoW license) now, as of 6.0.3. Our support articles were updated to reflect the new functionality.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16283669190#6
    Last edited by Collie; 2016-07-12 at 02:30 PM.

Can we report NPCs.......like, say....Rhonin?

Quote Originally Posted by Goitter View Post
    Can we report NPCs.......like, say....Rhonin?
    Aren't there addons for that already?

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Did you not read? they investigate before issuing it

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Yeah, not like trolls already abuse the report functions available. Luckily the Blizzard employees are humans, so they can investigate if a report is founded or not.

I don't really care since I'm not a spammer, but this will be either abused with false claims, or never used because blizz has to "investigate" and they simply won't spend the time doing that unless the person gets MANY reports.