Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I disagree. What you mean to look at is "additional healing per cast", thus you have to subtract the average healing they could have done in the time frame they spent on the CD -- for druids and holy priests that's the channel time, and that is affected by haste.

There is also the part about being able to react again only after the CD is finished.
    Yes, haste is not as strong for their CD as it is for their other spells, but it still has a noticable effect.
    I guess we agree to disagree here ^^

We are popping 8 of those on Ilgynoth, and yes, haste does make a difference when using tranq there (there is always somebody who cannot seem to find the Barrier and healing circles).
    Fair point for haste here. We only do four, so I dont really know how "drastic" the situation is for 8.

My overall conclusion to that topic would be:
    While hymn looks weaker on paper (720%) than tranq (1080% with trait I think), it is not healing wise due to all that stuff I said before. Utility wise it certainly is worse (moving while tranq), but in most cases it can be played around that immobility with planning. Sometimes not, but that hasnt happened often to me yet. That tranq legendary is strong and I would rather have something like that instead of a legendary that buffs our guardian spirit.

On Guarm:
    I definitely know that you are a target for the breath so after the spirit rezz, one usually has a different color to go in for the remaining breaths.

Revival:
    Id say it looks so weak because you see all the healing done at once, while for channeled CDs you cant distinguish between the CD and the other healers healing the raid. You just see how the raid goes up during the channel and think "oh that tranq / hymn /.. is really healing the raid up". Thats at least my theory :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I messed up the out of raid healing amounts of DH / Tranq with the Revival ones. Nevertheless I know many Monks whose raid cooldowns aren't treated as ones. Revival just feels pretty weak in comparison, I don't know why.
    Like warchief said, its just perception because the healing is (nearly) all at once. None of the healing cd's really restore the same percentage of our hp as they used to. It just kind of looks like that because at the point you need to use a cooldown, EVERY healer is putting forth maximum output at the same time.

Back on topic, it kind of hurts and helps DH. It makes the 10% healing a lot better than it was in past expansions (it's still not great though) but on the other hand, it hurts Mastery/Benediction renews a lot. Other healers have already done the work in the 15 seconds they need to really kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by warchief606 View Post
    I guess we agree to disagree here ^^

Fair point for haste here. We only do four, so I dont really know how "drastic" the situation is for 8.

My overall conclusion to that topic would be:
    While hymn looks weaker on paper (720%) than tranq (1080% with trait I think), it is not healing wise due to all that stuff I said before. Utility wise it certainly is worse (moving while tranq), but in most cases it can be played around that immobility with planning. Sometimes not, but that hasnt happened often to me yet. That tranq legendary is strong and I would rather have something like that instead of a legendary that buffs our guardian spirit.

On Guarm:
    I definitely know that you are a target for the breath so after the spirit rezz, one usually has a different color to go in for the remaining breaths.

Revival:
    Id say it looks so weak because you see all the healing done at once, while for channeled CDs you cant distinguish between the CD and the other healers healing the raid. You just see how the raid goes up during the channel and think "oh that tranq / hymn /.. is really healing the raid up". Thats at least my theory :P
    My mains a monk and I would trade revival for tranq/hymn in a heartbeat

Any thoughts on gearing crit+haste and going for enduring renewal + piety + benediction in 7.1.5? Basically what Carl is trying in this video . I would actually find such build and gameplay appealing, thus asking what other priests think about its viability.
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2016-12-29 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Any thoughts on gearing crit+haste and going for enduring renewal + piety + benediction in 7.1.5? Basically what Carl is trying in this video . I would actually find such build and gameplay appealing, thus asking what other priests think about its viability.
    Actually this kind of build seems really interesting. If you've got the legendary trousers the whole Renew gameplay becomes even better.

I think it's totally viable. I'm gonna be running piety in 7.1.5 in addition to benediction. Enduring renewal is pretty debatable, but it's up to you. I don't think haste is the way to go though. All of your other spells besides renew benefit heavily from mastery & having a fast heal is lessened by the fact that yo don't have surge of light anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by squirtguns View Post
    I think it's totally viable. I'm gonna be running piety in 7.1.5 in addition to benediction. Enduring renewal is pretty debatable, but it's up to you. I don't think haste is the way to go though. All of your other spells besides renew benefit heavily from mastery & having a fast heal is lessened by the fact that yo don't have surge of light anymore.
    That's the thing with this build. Enduring renewal and haste benefit it in multiple ways

1) PoM cd is reduced by haste (I might be wrong here) -- more PoMs means more renews
    2) More haste means more ticks from Renew
    3) More haste = faster cast on heal, which would be used to refresh all the renews spawned by PoM.

The main issue I find with this are our set bonuses -- both 2 piece and 4 piece are based around Echo of Light for which mastery is essential.

Piety + Benediction is likely going to be fine with crit+mastery. AFAIK there are almost no changes to that compared to live (piety got buffed, benediction got nerfed a bit). However I kinda like idea of refreshing renews and eventually blanketing the entire raid.
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2016-12-29 at 04:39 PM.

yeah but with our set we are gonna be forced to invest in haste anyways, but i dont think id drop mastery, it benefits us too much.

I don't really think that Haste is a problem or the best way to go. Using Binding Heal instead of Piety is another very nice thing and profits from Mastery - beeing able to heal three targets + resetting Renew CD + getting Echo on them is pretty strong. Another thing is Binding Heal reduces CD of both Holy Word healing spells at once that makes it a pretty desirable option for this Renew heavy build.

I really think this is another way of healing. Flash Heal spam is so tiresome.

I was asked to go holy and help with healing on M ursoc today, and AoE spamming didn't work too well for me. All I see on WCL is flash heal+renew spam, is that the default go to playstyle atm?

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    That's the thing with this build. Enduring renewal and haste benefit it in multiple ways

1) PoM cd is reduced by haste (I might be wrong here) -- more PoMs means more renews
    2) More haste means more ticks from Renew
    3) More haste = faster cast on heal, which would be used to refresh all the renews spawned by PoM.
    Piety now being good means that we'll be casting Sanctify alot more now, which benefits only from Crit/Mastery. Also Heal greatly benefits from mastery too. Piety also gives 2 seconds off PoM CD without having to add any haste whatsoever. I don't really think that getting extra ticks on renew is going to be worth losing extra healing on just about every other spell due to echo of light, but i havent done any math on it, so it could be. Basically, Crit/Mastery with this build gives the best of both worlds. You get to blanket the raid with tons of PoM's/Renew, while still having alot of healing from FH/Echo.

we will get a ton of haste with our set pieces so personally I will still be putting crit/mastery ahead haste

Quote Originally Posted by squirtguns View Post
    Piety now being good means that we'll be casting Sanctify alot more now, which benefits only from Crit/Mastery. Also Heal greatly benefits from mastery too. Piety also gives 2 seconds off PoM CD without having to add any haste whatsoever. I don't really think that getting extra ticks on renew is going to be worth losing extra healing on just about every other spell due to echo of light, but i havent done any math on it, so it could be. Basically, Crit/Mastery with this build gives the best of both worlds. You get to blanket the raid with tons of PoM's/Renew, while still having alot of healing from FH/Echo.
    Casting Sactify more does mean you'll be getting a higher uptime on Power of the Naaru. It's possible that could increase the power of haste by allowing you to fit more Prayer of Healing casts into that PotN window, should you actually somehow need to spam it the whole time.

Not terribly likely, but not impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Casting Sactify more does mean you'll be getting a higher uptime on Power of the Naaru. It's possible that could increase the power of haste by allowing you to fit more Prayer of Healing casts into that PotN window, should you actually somehow need to spam it the whole time.

Not terribly likely, but not impossible.
    Mastery increases all those PoH casts healing and also significantly increases Santify healing (set bonus). All that while not increasing the mana cost due to more PoH casts. I dont see this case as a "pro" for haste.

Am I the only one that thinks CoH could need a buff? I mean.. If they adjusted the mana cost, it wouldn't be that bad, or am I wrong? I just don't like having a talent that seems like a complete noob trap.
    Mexican drug cartel customer support > Blizz CS

Quote Originally Posted by Razorrect View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks CoH could need a buff? I mean.. If they adjusted the mana cost, it wouldn't be that bad, or am I wrong? I just don't like having a talent that seems like a complete noob trap.
    I do not believe that adjusting its mana cost would be the thing that completely saves the talent. If you look at benediction and a fight like odyn, you're getting around 20-30m manaless healing from your renews. Once 7.1.5 hits, CoH will heal substantially less than a PoH(250% spell power+artifact trait vs. 260% spell power) while costing more mana and having a cooldown. Sure, lowering its mana cost would be nice, but it still would not be a desirable choice for raiding. I think that some other spell should take its place from 100 talent tree. Maybe put CoH where Binding Heal is (Not sure where to put everything else). Then change how CoH works. Give it a 30-45 second cd, make it work with serendipity(aoe), keep the mana cost(or reduce it by around 10-15%), but make it work like SoL(The healing from CoH+Its echo of light healing would give a % chance of making PoH insta cast but still cost mana, or just remove the mana cost from PoH and keep it castable).
    Last edited by rosastolemyseat; 2017-01-02 at 07:30 AM.

Considering how PoH's targeting works now, I think any changes to CoH should include making it baseline again. PTR PoH is still targeting the 4 absolute closest allies to your target, regardless of health, right?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Considering how PoH's targeting works now, I think any changes to CoH should include making it baseline again. PTR PoH is still targeting the 4 absolute closest allies to your target, regardless of health, right?
    Yes, it is their 4 closest allies. I don't think I would like CoH to be baseline. It is nice and all in AoE situations, but it's just too bland. It's just another skill to keep on cooldown with no forethought. I would not be opposed if it had some minor tweaks to it, however. It could definitely be really nice to have something else to press during aoe.

Easy fix: make Circle of Healing a Holy Word spell, give it a 1min CD that gets reduced by ST & group healing abilities, make it the "spread out" target version of Sanctify, let it proc the Holy Word related talents and traits, increase healing by 50-100% and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Easy fix: make Circle of Healing a Holy Word spell, give it a 1min CD that gets reduced by ST & group healing abilities, make it the "spread out" target version of Sanctify, let it proc the Holy Word related talents and traits, increase healing by 50-100% and that's it.
    That's still pretty boring though. It's still at the press of a button and the only thing you need to ask yourself is whether or not people are taking damage. With your suggestions, it would just be a 7.0 PoH with a cd that you'd use as much as a HW: Serenity but only has half of its spell power.