Quote Originally Posted by darlanas View Post
    I.e, cast BoW with 4 HP when you are approaching the boss to not waste the proc
    There's no such thing as 'wasting' a proc, all the proc does it take it off CD, it's not going to go back on CD if you don't use it within a certain timeframe...

maybe you're referring to not wanting to get another proc while it's already ready to use, which in that case still wouldn't be worth overcapping HP in the rare chance that it happens.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2016-11-02 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    So dps disparity between generators and spenders.
    Do you guys remember we discussed and stated our concerns regarding this.
    Up to 45% of my damage comes through TV.
    While I support the idea that spenders must hit hard, I can't help but marvel how shitty our generators are.
    They aren't as bad as they used to be, but they are still a small part of our dps.
    They also said that the new judgment window was so we didn't feel like we were great for a bit and crap the rest of the time... yet, here we are.
    Blizz is full of great intentions, but it never seems to pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    They aren't as bad as they used to be, but they are still a small part of our dps.
    They also said that the new judgment window was so we didn't feel like we were great for a bit and crap the rest of the time... yet, here we are.
    Blizz is full of great intentions, but it never seems to pan out.
    I recall a saying about intentions and paving roads with them.

Just got a legendary, the belt.
    At least the stats are nice, but the proc is just useless... Hope they change some legendary stuff, as they said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istoman View Post
    I pop wings nearly every time it's up in M+, boss ain't no problem in M+, but yeah on little packs I don't pop it

You say your gear isn't optimized stats-wise, could you tell us your stats ?
    Just did some minor tweaks, they are right now 22 crit, 22 haste, 37 mastery. Wish I could have a bit higher crit instead of mastery. I also figured out that one of the main reasons I use WoA with 1 or 2 hp is because of the bloody 15% proc on TfoJ. It causes excess hp which is the main reason for the confusion I'm suffering from. I hate to use WoA with excess hp and when I try to delay it, the order of everything gets messed up in the heat of events. Something needs to be done about this imo.

Also some other stats I have are 4 versatility, 2 leech and 9 avoidance. I'm way too lucky with weird drops.
    Last edited by Vuagnon; 2016-11-02 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by S3nsenmann View Post
    Just got a legendary, the belt.
    At least the stats are nice, but the proc is just useless... Hope they change some legendary stuff, as they said.
    It is good in pvp and has some slight use in pve in a pinch, beats stopping to cast FoL when things get rough.
    Not all legendaries were designed with PvE in mind. No I don't pvp.
    Highly doubt this one will get a change.

Can somebody explain the Crit/Vers build I keep seeing? Looking at that reference to Item lvl / relic choice image, it says Crit-Vers build at the top. I'm sitting at about 20% haste with food buff, 29% crit, and ~3% versatility. Is there anything special to the crit/vers build besides the usual get a comfortable amount of haste and then stack Crit/Vers on your gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    Can somebody explain the Crit/Vers build I keep seeing? Looking at that reference to Item lvl / relic choice image, it says Crit-Vers build at the top. I'm sitting at about 20% haste with food buff, 29% crit, and ~3% versatility. Is there anything special to the crit/vers build besides the usual get a comfortable amount of haste and then stack Crit/Vers on your gear?
    haste has a few breakpoints where it loses value by a lot.
    Couple it with TFoJ+BoW setup which allows for heavy haste skipping, crit+versa is the way to up your damage.
    Also, Versa sims most of the times as our highest secondary along with Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    haste has a few breakpoints where it loses value by a lot.
    Couple it with TFoJ+BoW setup which allows for heavy haste skipping, crit+versa is the way to up your damage.
    Also, Versa sims most of the times as our highest secondary along with Crit.
    Do you have info on what the breakpoints are? It seems that with my SimC results, no matter what haste value I'm at (ranging from 19% - 24%) it is always been Vers > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

Edit: This is with TFoJ + BoW

Do you have info on what the breakpoints are? It seems that with my SimC results, no matter what haste value I'm at (ranging from 19% - 24%) it is always been Vers > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

It's because you have so little, that it is so valuable in sims. We all suffer from this, as there isn't much of it on gear, compared to the other 3.

Also, reading the past few pages, wow this forum is really hurting with everyone being on Discord now. Some really bad info being tossed around.

Can't remember them honestly, because I am sitting here happily with my 17% haste with nothing to help it.
    But you could check this thread, these breakpoints were stated a few times.
    AFAIR it's 20, 24 and 27, but I may be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's because you have so little, that it is so valuable in sims. We all suffer from this, as there isn't much of it on gear, compared to the other 3.

Also, reading the past few pages, wow this forum is really hurting with everyone being on Discord now. Some really bad info being tossed around.
    I understand the high value of Vers since I'm only sitting at ~ 3%, but even with almost 30% crit, it's still valued over haste at every level. At this point I just get enough haste to make the spec enjoyable and try and stack as much vers and crit as possible. I assume that's precisely what the crit-vers build is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post

Well... discord can be sketchy at times aswell. Depends on who is on.

It hasn't been very bad here, but i don't think the OP has kept up to date.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with going full haste.

Atm I'm at about 29-31% haste and haste is simming 10% more dps than crit/vers up to 35%. Its on 878 ret with leg cloak.

On alt ret got about 28% and haste/crit/vers sims super close and stay close to about 35% again. Its on 873 ret with Prydaz mighty immortality neck.

What I hate is when I get there that's half haste and half mastery.

Im curious, my item upgrades keep giving me mastery.....sitting at 29%/13%/42%. Wondering if I should take any other talents that might be benefited by such a high mastery?

Deleted

I'm sitting @ 29% haste and sims show to me that is still my first stat:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Darlan": CritRating=9.51, HasteRating=10.45, MasteryRating=6.87, Versatility=10.00 ).
    When I had around 26-27, it very low though.
    I think someone here said that there was another breakpoint @ 32%. That's what simcraft is telling me, I'd guess. I'm going for it.
    Last edited by mmoc6ee6c634ac; 2016-11-03 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Im curious, my item upgrades keep giving me mastery.....sitting at 29%/13%/42%. Wondering if I should take any other talents that might be benefited by such a high mastery?
    I´m in the same boat... I go with talents that speed up my rotation like TFoJ and BoW for raids and BoW and Greater Judgement for mythic+ with high mastery like this you will do great on trash pulls

Ps.: you should really sim it before taking my advise as gospel

Simmed my character and strangely 840 Faulty Countermeasure is a 10k dps loss over random world quest ilvl850 Strenght + vers trinket, even on single target fight. My ilvl 865, 30% haste, 28% crit, 18% mastery.
    Is FCM overrated or it is not so good with hight haste?

Anyone else worried about the abundance of mastery on our T19 Set?
    Unless WOWDB is wrong, 5/6 pieces are predominantly mastery. I know it's a way off, and there's time for change, but that just doesn't seem right.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/211444-i...ution-2p-bonus