Deleted

[Demon Hunter RP] How will you react ?

You've been imprisoned 10 years by ungrateful people who didn't understand the paramount importance of your mission and what you've sacrificed to accomplished it. Furthermore, the world in which you wake up has totally changed : the Lich King was defeated, the Cataclysm happened and Deathwing was defeated too. Pandaria was discovered and a crazed nobody started a genocide. Then, the heroes you'll join went to an alternate universe and released another Gul'Dan on Azeroth. And if you're a blood elf, you now stand alongside your former ennemies. That's an awful lot to assimilate especially in such a short period of time.

My question is thus relatively simple : how will you react ? How will you behave ? What will be your relationship with the Horde and the Alliance ? How all these events will affect your personality ?

Not actively roleplaying in-game anymore as the entire deal with bubble-RP and it being confined to guilds isn't really that appealing to me. I do, however, create personalities and a RP environment, in my head, for my characters and the behaviors of those around me.

That said and out of the way, my Demon Hunter would be reserved and more than likely very distrustful of non-demon hunters, as he feels that these will probably turn on him once they succeed in saving Azeroth.

So, it would appear that his is a very Neutral type of relationship, to both factions. Allied and ready to follow orders, but only because the mission requires it to be so.

Go to the Blue Recluse or Murder Row and try to hit on chicks by telling them my tragic backstory.

Oh wait, that is what the masses of demon hunters are probably doing.

I don't RP much for similar reasons as Darkeon, the safe space mentality has crippled any hope of a cohesive community or a living world.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't RP my demon hunter in/near any city, and he would avoid all contact with anyone not immediately related to his work of slaying demons.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2016-08-11 at 12:11 AM.

Celdris Bladeleaf is just happy to be back on Azeroth, to feel the grass, bushes and trees once again.

Celdris is a type of demon hunter that's not entirely loyal to Illidan and her main drive to become a demon hunter was to protect her people and their homelands.

Celdris is curious to why her people would ally with who she perceives as younger races. The settlement and assimilation of worgen into kaldorei lands also fascinates her, although she isn't too keen on the idea of treating them 100% as her equal.

Pandaren also fascinate her, when she was but a young child, she heard stories from her relatives of a great Pandarian Empire and how they retreated from their lands due to the arcane abuse by the highborne.

She's still a gigantic work in progress.

Deleted
    My demon huntress is the younger sister of one of my main characters on Horde side (the character was originally a rogue back in TBC that I haven't played since lv70.)

That made for a lot of interesting RP with friends, especially the one who roleplays our father.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-08-17 at 06:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Demon Hunter is a continuation of my WC3 Elf's story. As a Blood Elf, he has a extreme hate for Maiev and a deep grudge that she dared imprison sovereign citizens of Silvermoon, for "crimes" against a people that is not his own. The Night Elves might begrudge Demon Hunters, but really do the Blood Elves? Their a complete opposite on values to the Night Elves. I reckon they would accept and welcome Demon Hunters.

Either way, my dude is blunt. He flat out says that he's searching for a means to ensure Maiev cannot imprison Blood Elf Demon Hunters ever again. That includes her death if necessary, or imprisoning her for being a madwoman who has committed crimes against Silvermoon. It's made for some incredibly good RP. I mean Maiev DID call Blood Elves a bastard race. Expect some hostility and desires to run her through once the Legion is dead.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-08-21 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Not all Demon Hunters got caught and imprisoned. You can always use that excuse "I've been hiding somewhere and my buddy was bringing me news"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Not all Demon Hunters got caught and imprisoned. You can always use that excuse "I've been hiding somewhere and my buddy was bringing me news"
    This is true. I initially wanted to go that route, as my demon huntress was actually presumed dead after a battle with my main (her older sister) and then survived and laid in hiding, but instead went with the story that apparently Maiev's Wardens eventually found her 'corpse' in a ruined structure outside the Black Temple, when they discovered that she was still alive, and so she was brought by them to the vault.

I chose that route because I really had no background excuse as to what she has been doing all these years alone, plus I really haven't my original character (the rogue) since Black Temple so it felt very fitting.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-08-21 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    My BE Demonhunters will be recruited into the guild under the same premise as the Death Knights at the time when we made our stand against the Lich King: To have an effective means of fighting the enemy. We have to survive, after all.

Besides that, my guild is strongly oriented into the explorer, loremaster and researcher type, so the DH recruits will be undergoing a lot of tests - what are they able to do, how do they see the world etc.

Knowledge is power. :3

On the side of the characters - they are glad to be free again, and a bit flattered by the recognition of their importance, as well. They will not trust everybody from the beginning, but they will recognise the intentions of their new commander, who is in line with Khadgar in many points.

Depending on how the story and the character Illidan will develop, there could possibly be a loyalty conflict, but possibly not.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves chill with the Alliance
    Blood Elves chill with the Horde
    Focus on eliminating the Legion at all costs
    Deal with settling down to normal life after the Legion is dead

Deleted
    On the note of my earlier post, I did two RPs with my demon huntress who reunites with her father after all these years while battling demons alongside her sister in Hillsbrad. We got a good session out of this, and then the next day an epic session where they discuss together.

I must say, sometimes it's hard to express myself as a demon hunter since they are practically blind (they can see, but not the same way we see), so for example if I wanted to look at the person I RP with, now I have to "look in his direction". I can't squint, I can't blink, and goddamn it's amazing trying to play with such handicaps.

Anyway, the second session was actually touching. It dealt with how my demon huntress feels happy to be reunited with her father and older sister, yet she doesn't know if those feelings are actually real, or if she is merely remembering how the feelings used to be. Her father (my RP partner) explained to her that those could be very much real, to which she responded that she thinks that she is very happy to see him and her again. It was a really great moment.

Deleted
    I had my DH (Morningstar) meet up with the priest I played during TBC. Morningstar recalled seeing the banners of 'Legion V'. As in this story the priest (Miramartyris) is one of the raiders who defeated the illadari lord it seemed like as good as any place to find answers.

In the meantime Mira voluntarily took on the worgen curse to resist curses/shadow - allowing him to delve deeper into the shadow realm. This sacrifice is the common ground for the characters mutual respectful yet distrusting relation.

Mira briefs Morningstar and joins the ranks of Legion V.

My demon hunter was young when he first joined up. It isn't a phase mom type of deal. But then after he became a demon hunter it was all like. Oh by the Sunwell what have I done?

10+ Year Old Account
    This game sooo needed more edge lord rpers after deathknights

This is what I hate about these kind of classes, they are so type cast down to their role it leaves so little room to be creative. You could rp as a warrior who's noble, or brutal and psychotic, or wise, or a grunt, or a commander, same with most classes. But ones like death knights and demon hunters feel like if you role play as anything other then an edge teenager your not doing it right, just look at the lore characters they have to work off of.

At least the other classes feel less about the class and more about the character.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This game sooo needed more edge lord rpers after deathknights

This is what I hate about these kind of classes, they are so type cast down to their role it leaves so little room to be creative. You could rp as a warrior who's noble, or brutal and psychotic, or wise, or a grunt, or a commander, same with most classes. But ones like death knights and demon hunters feel like if you role play as anything other then an edge teenager your not doing it right, just look at the lore characters they have to work off of.

At least the other classes feel less about the class and more about the character.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...As-an-Edgelord!

Deleted
    Go hunt demons first and foremost. Find new friends among the Ebon Blade who basically are also goal-orientated killing machines that paid the ULTIMATE PRICE (even if thy didn't wanted to do that and were raised against their will.)