Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, look at the East. It sucks. I love my Gators, but they haven't proven they remember that offense is a part of the game yet, and they lost to much good on defense. That's the only real competition for Georgia.
    SEC East has sucked for years (namely compared to it's west counterpart), yet we haven't won it since 2012, so that doesn't say much for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    That was me a couple years ago with Bama vs ND in the champ game. Everyone I know aside from one person HATES Bama, so being the only person rooting loudly for them was uncomfortable. I hate ND more than I hate Clinton and Eminem and the Steelers combined. It was Soooooooooooo good watching ND get smashed. I didn't feel dirty at all.
    I just wish that was UGA smashing them. Instead, we were still crying in pails over that SEC title game from that year. That game and the Braves losing in game 7 to the Twins in the World Series are the only 2 times in my life a sporting event made me feel sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I just wish that was UGA smashing them.
    Yes and no. Yes, cuz I liked Georgia. No, cuz if they won it, changes are we wouldn't have Richt as Head Football Coach now. Who knows what garbage we'd have otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yes and no. Yes, cuz I liked Georgia. No, cuz if they won it, changes are we wouldn't have Richt as Head Football Coach now. Who knows what garbage we'd have otherwise.
    Heh, yeah. Had we won that game (and especially the national championship) that season, Richt would be a lifer here for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    gotta say, that comeback by Florida state was epic.

and coaches / AP polls are out, for what its worth. Im a Texas fan, but Im not sure how we leaped all the way to 11 form unranked xD

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you remember the old Southwest conference then ey?

Also, I look forward to TCU v Arkansas.
    Yeah, I don't care much for Texas A&M or Baylor either. Heck I can't believe Baylor is good and hasn't been busted yet. They bought more players than SMU in the 80's and still sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well technically Baylor was busted this year, just not for football things. The assistant coaches should have been fired too, because there's no way they didn't know with the lengths the coverup went to.

Well Texas picked up 5 of their recommitted recruits so

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting weekend of football coming up. No top 25 matches - more than likely boring with a slight chance of upset (go Western Kentucky!?).

10+ Year Old Account
    but hey, we have a Southwest COnference matchup in TCU v Arkansas.

Apparantly there was a stretch wrere Ark won for 22 straight years until like...it was either 81 or 85 xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo, another collegeball year with poor UK tv coverage.

Posting for updates, gonna be reliant on this thread for news and draft stock watch.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Woo, another collegeball year with poor UK tv coverage.

Posting for updates, gonna be reliant on this thread for news and draft stock watch.
    ESPN typically has good gamecast coverage - it won't be tv, but it will give you live play-by-play.

but hey, we have a Southwest COnference matchup in TCU v Arkansas.

Apparantly there was a stretch wrere Ark won for 22 straight years until like...it was either 81 or 85 xD

I'm pretty sure TCU ended up in trouble with the NCAA somewhere around then too lol. I'll be interested to see just how we do, I'm not that confident.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is Clemson punking us or something? Only up by 3 at half against . . . Troy?

10+ Year Old Account
    How did Georgia barely beat Nicholls?

Who the hell is Nicholls?

10+ Year Old Account
    apparantly this week is revenge of the "cupcakes"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How did Georgia barely beat Nicholls?

Who the hell is Nicholls?
    Yeah, wtf? And they had to run the clock out instead of playing - Nicholls was making a come back for christ's sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this just gets better and better - OKSt just lost to Central Michigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida starts by almost giving away a fumble recovery 6 for Kentucky. Instead they opt to miss a field goal. Joakim Noah at the game, that's cool. Always liked him. At least our defense is still boss. Also the new quarterback is Jack del Rio's son.

- - - Updated - - -

So, the Oklahoma State ending. How does an intentional grounding call give the opposing team a free untimed play? Since when was this a thing?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-09-10 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida starts by almost giving away a fumble recovery 6 for Kentucky. Instead they opt to miss a field goal. Joakim Noah at the game, that's cool. Always liked him. At least our defense is still boss. Also the new quarterback is Jack del Rio's son.

- - - Updated - - -

So, the Oklahoma State ending. How does an intentional grounding call give the opposing team a free untimed play? Since when was this a thing?
    apparantly you cant end a game on a penalty...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

You can't end a game on a penalty. Which sometimes leads to some very weird events.

10+ Year Old Account
    apparantly you cant end a game on a penalty...
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You can't end a game on a penalty. Which sometimes leads to some very weird events.
    But this just isn't true, is it? The game can't end on a DEFENSIVE penalty. Intentional grounding ends that down but is still an offensive penalty.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    But this just isn't true, is it? The game can't end on a DEFENSIVE penalty. Intentional grounding ends that down but is still an offensive penalty.
    It was my understanding that the game can't end on any penalty, on either side. But I have to admit I'm not 100% sure on the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    man, and I was hoping Baylor would lose to SMU