Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh right it's 0.5s right now, I guess if the keep the bonuses, it'll probably be like 2s per gore proc. Would make sense if they tune it around 1-2 free barkskins per average length raid encounter. Still an odd design, scales so well with more targets. If it's already good for single target encounters, it would be broken for aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Armor on use? What? A damage reduction that is not tied to a shield that we can control? What kind of sorcery is this?

And I like the idea of a very powerful short duration shield as well, if the fights have mechanics that allow you to make good use of them. Also I like that the shield comes with a downside. Having to think about it a bit is really nice.

On the other hand I had really high hopes for the KJ tank trinket and it just turned out to be an answer in search of a question for most classes. So we will see once the fights are out.
    those 2 trinkets and the one that changes on use are examples of what tank trinkets should be. they are interesting and have good effects.

please bliz, dont make them horrible

So been trying to play my bear alt a bit more these days, and I've been very fortunate on it--luffa wrappings as my second (first is Prydaz) legendary as opposed to brewmaster (10th legendary and still no chest) and protection warrior (8th legendary, no gloves or bracers).

I'm trying to understand the whole priority system in regards to relics. As I understand it, thrash relics are generally regarded as the best--and if I must, I'd use ursoc's endurance as my defensive variation.

However, does item level come into play here? I currently have 3 thrash relics--they're incredibly low item level. They're 845, 850, and 860 respectively. I have a set of relics in my bags ranging from 880 to 910. None of those are thrash or ursoc's endurance. Two of them are Wildflesh (+frenzied regen) and I believe the last one is sharpened instincts. If I recall, I have an 880 or 885 bestial fortitude in my bank as well.

So, what do I do here? is the the value of thrash good enough my weapons at 881 for the time being until I get higher item level ones? The rest of my gear is 890 to 910, so I have an average item level of 906-ish with my weapon being fairly low due to thrash relics.

I've done a bit of digging and the general understanding I have is thrash relics are supposedly worth around 60 item levels pre-7.2 patch with Luffa's. I'm not sure how accurate that statement is. I'm trying to get those thrash relics from LFR and normal ToS, but I haven't had luck yet. Item level isn't quite high enough to bring this alt into heroic either.

Deleted
    Weapon ilvl is not very valuable for a bear. You gain a little bit of auto hit damage and some damage on a few abilities that usually don't contribute more than 20% of your total dps, but Thrash doesn't scale with weapon damage and neither does Moonfire. There are some further stats on the weapon but that is still not too much.

DPS wise you can gain something if you replace the 845 with a 910 relic. Probably not much else. Defensively Thrash relics are worthless. What you would want there is Ursocs Endurance or (with T20 4pc) Wildflesh. Bestial Fortitude is really poor and Sharpened Instincts is also close to worthless, since you almost never die through SI anyway if you use it on time.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-07-24 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Captain Fizz comment included

Mangle and Swipe (and Maul) scale from weapon DPS.

But Thrash is such a large proportion of damage that even low ilvl relics mean more DPS.
    Depends if you want more defence but I still have an 870 Thrash (was 855 until a few weeks ago).

I've even passed on a 940 relic as it would be of much more benefit to a DPS to have than me.

It's a bit sad that weapon ilvl basically means very little for both defense and offense, the claws don't have a shitton of stats and our abilities seem to have bad weapon damage scaling.

Too bad there isn't a 7/7 +10% moonfire damage trait either

Alright thanks for the advice everyone. I'll just stick to my lower-ilevel relics for now until I get some higher thrash/endurance ones from gambling/raiding/M+.

Worst case, just sim it to get a rough idea if something is an upgrade or not. I believe at the start of the expansion, Thrash relics were roughly equivalent to a non-DPS relic of 40 ilvls higher from a DPS perspective (it's gear dependent, Thrash relics are actually worth more than 40 ilvls for me currently). That said, it really does feel like bad game balance that just one relic trait is worth so much... or that some relic traits are almost straight up worthless. If weapon ilvl >>>> relic trait, that'd be a different story.

Is there an updated list for offensive trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Nope... You're going to have to do some simming yourself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1527758211

updated
    That spreadsheet is ancient.

In ToS there's umbral moonglaives (great for aoe, especially with Fury of Elune) and cradle of anguish, which is better than a haste stat stick at the same ilvl, but requires you to stay above 50% hp (amazing for easy content). Specter of betrayal at high ilvl can be decent for stationary single target fights I guess. Vial of ceaseless toxins should be good in m+, but requires lots of micro.

The others are rather shitty.

You could spam MoS and Arcway for an ilvl 910+ memento and chrono shard, or get fucked in upper kara for an eye of command (only good for single target bosses though).

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    That spreadsheet is ancient.

In ToS there's umbral moonglaives (great for aoe, especially with Fury of Elune) and cradle of anguish, which is better than a haste stat stick at the same ilvl, but requires you to stay above 50% hp (amazing for easy content). Specter of betrayal at high ilvl can be decent for stationary single target fights I guess. Vial of ceaseless toxins should be good in m+, but requires lots of micro.

The others are rather shitty.

You could spam MoS and Arcway for an ilvl 910+ memento and chrono shard, or get fucked in upper kara for an eye of command (only good for single target bosses though).
    The Curator trinket is really good aswell (and nature damage so scales with leggy cloak as well)

Deleted
    Spectral thurible is not terrible for mythic+ stuff (~5% of total dmg over a dungeon for me)

But then again my mythic+ dps isn't that high because I play with 3x UE relics instead of thrash ones

Spectral Thurible has halved proc rate for us (1+ haste per minute), it's shadow damage so no cloak cheesing, and seems to be a bit hard to play around? Unless it always targets the furthest enemy by default. Damage value doesn't look that amazing either.

10+ Year Old Account
    On average I'm getting about 3-7% damage from the Thurible on ToS heroic fights. Mine is only 900 and has a socket, so it's a decent amount of versatility overall. When I got it being boomkin spec to try and get lady and the child, initially I wasn't sold, but its putting in some decent work for me.

Hey guys I got a 930 socketed Ember of Nullification the other day. The effect is obviously insignificant but dps-wise is it an acceptable choice as a versa stat stick?

Hey guys I got a 930 socketed Ember of Nullification the other day. The effect is obviously insignificant but dps-wise is it an acceptable choice as a versa stat stick?
    The ember has lower stats than normal stat sticks.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=142506/e...onus=1547:3468
    Has 2728 agi. Compared to the 2319 ember has.
    This is comparable to ilvl 910-915 eye of guarm. Keep that in mind when replacing trinkets.

Thanks man, didn't cross my mind that the effect counts in the total value of the trinket reducing the stat part.

Thanks man, didn't cross my mind that the effect counts in the total value of the trinket reducing the stat part.
    Some do, some don't. The urn from Nightbane has the same value as a normal stat trinket, even with the fear removal.