Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't suppose any of the more math-friendly users can give a ballpark for how far behind they recon RE is vs Mana Tap. Really not a fan of tap, but if the gains are substantial enough I'll bite the bullet.

This guide and the guide on IcyVeins say completely different things. IcyVeins recommends Backdraft, and goes as far as to say that Roaring Blaze isn't even viable. It also gives very little credit to Mana Tap. Lastly the artifact paths are very different.

I'm glad I noticed this because the IV one kind of caught my eye as a bit suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    This guide and the guide on IcyVeins say completely different things. IcyVeins recommends Backdraft, and goes as far as to say that Roaring Blaze isn't even viable. It also gives very little credit to Mana Tap. Lastly the artifact paths are very different.

I'm glad I noticed this because the IV one kind of caught my eye as a bit suspicious.
    To be fair to both guides, many of Destro's single-target options sim very close together. So there's plenty of arguments over what's explicitly the best option, even if there's only a 1-2% margin between two choices.

Destruction Mastery

Does anyone know the math behind the mastery? Like what does it average out?
    If it says "uå to 60% more damage" does that mean 30% average or like....10% average`?

Deleted
    Assuming a symmetrical distribution, it should average out at 50% of the displayed value.

There is a lot of your damage (pets) that isn't affected by mastery so if it says 60% more damage it's more like 60% of your damage that is increased by an average of 30%, so that would be approximately 18% damage increase on average.

Also mastery is shit, try and get rid of all of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    thanks. Gonna delve further into it now

- - - Updated - - -

btw : T19 set bonus is so damn insane it changes everything. I already cry when thinking about replacing it
    The 2 set is great. The 4 set... not a fan

From mythic dungeons I did last night (went for 6 in a row) with Roaring Blaze picked, It was my top or close to top damage on Immolate (dot) behind Chaos bolt (in some cases even stronger than it). So Roaring Blaze is far from being useless like Furty said. I do respect his knowledge about class, but I think he rushed into conclusion after RB got nerfed.
    Edit: Not saying that Backdraft is useless - Incinerate got it's damage buffed so it will show damage boost with backdraft up, but at certain points (with bloodlust, trinket up etc) you don't even have time to cast incinerates.
    You have to put up Eradication, grimoire imp (if you went for talent), Infernal, Immolate, Cataclysm, double conflag, more Chaosbolts, third conflag, more chaosbolts and to find perfect time to use 3 globals on artifact active in middle of all that. There is no real time to use incinerate here.
    Always have in mind that nothing is set in stone for us fellow warlocks - most of us will be Raid Leader's go to person to kill some adds - so we will pick Shadowburn, or there will be enough adds to snipe for shadowburn to outshine either RB or Backdraft even without being put on add duty (haha) etc... Everything will be personal/fight type/RLs choice like it always was....
    Last edited by VladimirM; 2016-09-05 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    The 2 set is great. The 4 set... not a fan
    yeah I mean the 2 piece bonus.

It's such a huge difference.

Imho it's too big a difference. I don't know how other classes set bonus are, but for destro it changes the game. Maybe they should make conflag 2 sec shorter CD baseline and set bonus gives a third charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    1- when it hits target
    2- CDF is priority. Try to plan eradication or mana tap around it
    3- the increased chance to crit on immolate is what I'd recommend. I don't think anyone has proven conclusively, but logically it's impact on both damage and resources should help it win out
    Thank you for your insight. may i ask what talents are running with and will run with raids ?

Yes, same here, gets to me each time i que for a dungeon atm. but i think roaring blaze can be very effective with Residual Flame artifact trait. and for mana tap, my guess it's a tiny dps increase with perfect rotation. which isn't the case 99% of the time because of encounter events. might be wrong, but that's how i feel about mana tap.

Deleted
    What talents do you guys use to farm dungeons? currently using 3-2-1-1-2-2-3

Really wish shadowburn was baseline...

Deleted
    Is Havoc in the ST-Rotation with Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar equipped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyden View Post
    What talents do you guys use to farm dungeons? currently using 3-2-1-1-2-2-3

Really wish shadowburn was baseline...
    Shadowburn/Cata/GoSac/F&B/Wreck Havoc.

Basically pure cleave AoE because that's what heroics farm really is.

With this setup you have very good AoE and cleave, while single target on bosses that need it can be propped with Rifts pre-stacked shards and Internals if needed.

Deleted
    And another one :P...Furtys Guide rates Haste higher than Int 1.24/1.00 are those recent Statweights or Pre-Nurf RB?

Deleted
    Does the Lord of Flames cooldown reset after a wipe in raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Does the Lord of Flames cooldown reset after a wipe in raids?
    Yep, it's a debuff that resets on player death.

Deleted
    What's the current stat priority?

It seemed to be Haste > Crit > Master >>>>

but now it seems to be Haste > Mastery > Crit on Mr Robot.

Hm i dunno know about exact DPS numbers, but for me RB is better then BD in various points:

1) Is you have low SS generation, RB would be your only way to do decent damage. Another thing i dont like about BD is the point to almost force me to take Reverse Entrophy as talent to cover mana issues, as spam Incinerate really hit you manapool, and having to use Life Tap in BD window really hurts.

2) RB work too well with Havock in Cleave fights, and even in 3 targets fights: Immo > Immo > 2-3 Conflagrate (depends if you have T19 or not), making enough damage too even let you focus in the third target with standard rotation.

3) Even though Warlock are really tanky right now, BD make you be a casting turret for taking the full benefic of the buff, if you had to move for any reason (survs abilitys are on CD, or you are in a instant kill mechanic), you lose DPS... With RB you had more room to recover from movement.

All this, is personal opinion, and i dont had anymath to prove it, but i wont take BD for ST, may be for Heavy AoE Burst if a pick FnB.
    Last edited by Bjarkan; 2016-09-05 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaque View Post
    Thank you for your insight. may i ask what talents are running with and will run with raids ?
    Fight dependent. I see use cases for all of them in the raid testing I've done.

Is it me or is the tooltip for Backdraft incorrect? It says 5 seconds but only shows as 3-4 on my buff bar..