Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Democrats and their unwillingness to cave to everything the Republicans want, things were so much better in the early Obama days when Dems actually thought Republicans wanted to work together.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The GOP told them they have to give money to Medicaid clinics in Puerto Rico instead of planned parenthood in Puerto Rico. Thats what they are calling defunding. Planned parenthood is not losing anything..they just aren't gaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm afraid it will be awhile before the hungry and the poor are ready for a revolution in America. Life is simply still too good for that.
    Sure, but taking the brakes off sure helps.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the GOP attached medical research funding to a Planned Parenthood attack bill, so they can blame the Democrats for shutting it down?

This is not the first, nor last, time riders are attached to a bill that have nothing to do with the bill, just to create issues like this one. Both sides do it. This is neither new nor interesting.

Although, one might wonder, why would the GOP specifically block Planned Parenthood from having access to Zika medicine? Don't they supply a ridiculous amount of pre-natal care? Wouldn't having Zika medicine lower the number of abortions? I mean...that rider was just stupid. Completely stupid.

Oh wait...no...it's not even that. Well, not entirely. The GOP amended an older version to including funding for contraception, but block the funding for contraception to Planned Parenthood. BUT NOT OTHER PROVIDERS. Zika is an STD. Some forms of contraception will slow or stop the spread of Zika. The GOP was okay with that. Except from Planned Parenthood.

So it's not politics as usual, it's not even stupidity. It's just plain old hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Because our system relies on majority vote and not on a plurality.

- - - Updated - - -

So because one group perverted the the perceived meaning of the flag long after the war was over it's ok to disgrace the memories of those that died fighting for their country?
    No one group, multiple groups. Not isolated incidents or random acts of violence. Systematic violence, hate, and racism for 100 years.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    No one group, multiple groups. Not isolated incidents or random acts of violence. Systematic violence, hate, and racism for 100 years.
    so if those groups had used the stars and stripes would you say that the veterans that died for their country should be denied their flag? Stop letting what happened a 100 years later determine your prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

10+ Year Old Account
    so if those groups had used the stars and stripes would you say that the veterans that died for their country should be denied their flag? Stop letting what happened a 100 years later determine your prejudice.
    100 years later, 60 ago, still goes on today.

And no, if those groups were just using the Stars and Stripes it would be different. They would represent only a small portion of the flag bearers, all the good stuff makes their use of the flag look stupid.

Meanwhile the Stars and Bars prodomentaly used in two instances, to fight the US and to fight minorities. The wons who fly the flag but don't associate with the former are much fewer in number.

You really think Germany is cool with people flying Swastikas for "pride" and "cause I'm a rebel". What are you rebelling against exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Vote for a clean Zika Funding Bill for fucks sake. Argue your ideological opposition to planned parent hood another time.
    Agreed, this is absolutely maddening.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    There's redistricting every 10 years. In 2010 the Republicans took huge advantage of gerrymandering to grant themselves many seats they shouldn't have had, majority seats in blue states. There's a few good articles on it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    which makes this race for President and Senate, and 2018 for house, very important, as they'll be in charge when the new census thing is done
    I see... Does the president have a say in how the census is done?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

See this is a typical day in Washington, a bill that everyone knows we need gets something slipped into it that an opponent party is obviously against and would never allow to become a law, then it gets voted down and you strut around telling the world, "Those sons of bitches don't want to protect us from Zika!" while telling your constituents, "Look I was fighting against abortion, here is proof, re-elect me!" and it is win-win and we as a nation lose-lose.

It doesn't matter if you are pro-abortion or anti-abortion, it is a political stunt designed to fail which ultimately leaves us with no zika funding. A clean bill could of been brought forward to be voted yay or nay but these jackasses have to play games for personal benefit while citizens suffer.

Tell me how much you like/dislike dirty bills with abortion crap snuck in when your child is born without a frontal lobe, can't hear/see/smell/taste/sense anything around them for life however short that may be.

That's the midset that keeps the 2 party system in power.
    No, that's your shitty first-past-the-post voting system ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    A bill to efforts against Zika was introduced to the house but approving it meant taking away from Planned Parenthood (so much irony in that statement)
    Is the irony that democrats want to protect babies in the womb from zika, but not protect babies from harm otherwise? That's the irony, right? Not that the republicans are acting contrary to protecting babies.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Is the irony that democrats want to protect babies in the womb from zika, but not protect babies from harm otherwise? That's the irony, right? Not that the republicans are acting contrary to protecting babies.
    The ideas of protecting a woman's right to choose and protecting developing babies from diseases are not contradictory thoughts.

EDIT -- you know if we are going down the partisan lines, the GOP loves to protect babies but gives no fucks when they are actually born. Happy to send them to war to die. Happy to execute them via death penalty. Happy to let them starve if their parents don't pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Kind of silly to go down this road, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Abortion in a controlled setting is a lot better than illegal abortions and infancide. Honestly thats a topic for another thread. But how can they claim to be looking out for pregnant women while taking away from pregnant women?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Obamacare is being dropped by doctors anyway. Not because of funding because patients have a high no show rate on top of paying 13% of normal price. So when you don't have any doctors that accept it anymore maybe the message will be sent to democrats finally.
    That's kinda hard to do when there's no plan called "obamacare". It's a series of plans offered by multiple insurance companies.

If you're going to complain about obamacare, please educate yourself on what it IS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The ideas of protecting a woman's right to choose and protecting developing babies from diseases are not contradictory thoughts.

EDIT -- you know if we are going down the partisan lines, the GOP loves to protect babies but gives no fucks when they are actually born. Happy to send them to war to die. Happy to execute them via death penalty. Happy to let them starve if their parents don't pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Kind of silly to go down this road, eh?

And happy to let them be born with fatal birth defects, which is the whole problem with Zika

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    People fought and died on both sides, if confederate troops are buried there I do not see the issue.
    Serious question: are you allowed to fly say the Russian flag there? The confederate flag is not a flag of the United States so if they aren't able to fly it because of a ban on foreign flags, that seems reasonable with it being a US veteran cemetery.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    No surprise. Democrats won't rest until the government is paying people to kill their children. How anyone could vote for such a morally bankrupt party boggles my mind!
    Totally unlike the Republicans, who attach things like "remove funds from planned parenthood" onto bills that have to be passed to keep government running, huh?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Agreed, this is absolutely maddening.
    We need a "vote on one thing at a time" rule. That or a "title the bill correctly" rule. If you're gonna have all these things stuffed in, the bill should reference all those things in the title.

It should be noted that the people who fought for the confederacy died for their country, not ours. We have no obligation to honor traitors who nearly destroyed the Union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    We need a "vote on one thing at a time" rule. That or a "title the bill correctly" rule. If you're gonna have all these things stuffed in, the bill should reference all those things in the title.
    I think everyone is in agreement with this. Voting on one thing at a time would get things that the majority like passed, with a lot of bipartisan support. I don't understand why politicians try to leverage situations and add things into bills that are not completely relevant.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__