Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    *sigh* i don't know whats going on anymore. got first screech right after getting ak4. have not had another screech at all and now one reset after getting ak5. don't know if there is another trigger to getting the screech or just plan random or what but starting to get very annoying.

Got my first screech soon as I hit AK4, next day nothing. Today I got my second screech. Had track beasts on, my owlcat pet out. Soon as I clicked the stone, same ol emote. Nothing different. A guildie linked a video someone had on youtube about the skin. Said that after you click 6 stones you get the hidden skin. Does anyone hold any truth to this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mookin View Post
    Got my first screech soon as I hit AK4, next day nothing. Today I got my second screech. Had track beasts on, my owlcat pet out. Soon as I clicked the stone, same ol emote. Nothing different. A guildie linked a video someone had on youtube about the skin. Said that after you click 6 stones you get the hidden skin. Does anyone hold any truth to this ?
    There is nothing to suspect that getting 6 will do anything different, the guy in reply to being asked how he knows this just says he "was told"...by whom? I don't believe anyone has even had 6 screeches yet, and the devs certainly haven't mentioned it.

There is something we are missing in terms of how to get it is the problem, not the number of screeches.

There are feral Druid statues hidden in various places around the Broken Isles.

I know one is in the little ruins where Lord Meowl spawns, there's also one in the Satyr/totem area of VS.

They must have something to do with it, no other quest relates to them (that I know of).

The screeches are definitely not related to the owl kitten pet as I do not have it yet, but I have been getting screeches.

At this point I honestly would not be surprised if you just have to keep touching moonstones and there is an X% chance Ela'lothen appears and gives you the feather. I mean, the majority of the hidden artifact appearances are super easy to get, it's just a low chance/droprate.
    Last edited by Valqt; 2016-09-26 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    The hidden skin that we're trying to acquire through the feral screeches is NOT the Ghost of the Pridemother skin; it's the Moonspirit skin to make us look like an owlcat.

With that said, I wonder if we have to do anything with the Lurking Owl Kitten that we got from Yowlon. We all have it, it was a necessary part of unlocking the screeches, and you can't put it in a cage to sell. I personally always have mine out just in case it reacts to something, but I don't have it fully leveled and I don't have it nicknamed. Also, the Wild God that gives us the feather is named Ela'lothen; we can look her up on WoWhead. Maybe that's a clue? Maybe there's something in the Llothien Highlands in Aszuna (the same place as Pridelord Meowl). Maybe we need to farm the various types of Owlcats around the Broken Isles for some sort of a drop? We're definitely missing something, and I don't think it would be reasonable to impose two AK gates on the same skin so we should be able to get it now.
    Uhm today I got my first screech and I don't own that kitten :/

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    There is nothing to suspect that getting 6 will do anything different, the guy in reply to being asked how he knows this just says he "was told"...by whom? I don't believe anyone has even had 6 screeches yet, and the devs certainly haven't mentioned it.

There is something we are missing in terms of how to get it is the problem, not the number of screeches.
    I assumed this was probably the case with that video. Thanks for clarifying!

I wonder, based on what I've seen. You hear the screech and go to the moonstone. Soon as you click the stone it disappears and immediate you get the emote that it darts away. I'm wondering if there is some item that we're missing that would bring the moonspirit out of hiding instead of triggering the dart away emote.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftia View Post
    There are feral Druid statues hidden in various places around the Broken Isles.

I know one is in the little ruins where Lord Meowl spawns, there's also one in the Satyr/totem area of VS.

They must have something to do with it, no other quest relates to them (that I know of).
    I haven't noticed these but I'll do some looking tonight to see if I can find one. Can you click on them or loot them ?

Video Documentation of the Event. Still Confused.

So I have been following this thread closely and what some people say makes sense. I have a similar but different theory, please comment with your opinion:

1. I received a "Screech" [for Hinterlands] a few days ago, looked up the quest and found the knowledge base was lacking. I ended up finding the first stone, clicked it and that was that.
    2. A few days later, I decided to search for another. I did not receive a screech, however I found the stone in Feralis.
    3. Duskwood stone still eludes me.

This is where it gets interesting.
    Today, I checked my status using the Dump Codes on the first post. To my surprise, it read a "False" for the condition. This is where my theory is different than others:

*This is untested. No nodes are coming up for me at this time, however I am babysitting my toon so I can try it.
    1. Perhaps EACH stone has a 1 day cool down. The reason I think this may be true is because the quest dump log says I haven't completed ANY stones when clearly I have. I have done 2, Hinterlands and Feralis.
    2. Perhaps you must get all 3 stones in 1 day, and it is a RNG if you get it? This is why we cant figure out a pattern? If you have done 2 stones in 1 day, let us know!
    3. There is a great hint of something needing to be done just after you click the stone. You are informed of something near you, and you get a buff for 20 seconds. I do not know if it is in stealth, perhaps you need to change into the specific form [cat, bear, moonkin, etc.]
    4. I Definitely did not receive a screech and looked up the quest using the Dump Files and saw a condition as True and investigated. If I did get a screech, I did not get another EMOTE to inform me.
    5. Lastly, Perhaps if you don't "Complete" the event [do whatever it is you have to do while you have the buff, just after you click the stone, maybe you "fail" and have to wait again untill it resawns, and the quest isnt marked as complete.

And probably the most important thing. I video recorded getting the Feralis stone. Check it out and see if I am missing something. I have gone over it many times, swiping around as a kitty to see if I can hit anything, but I don't know if it is Hostile.

====>Youtube.com/watch?v=vtPbJFIVX44<====
    Last edited by Falcron; 2016-09-26 at 08:06 PM.

I just felt like adding that if the next step required AK5 +, I'm going to be pretty ang-ray, because why even let us hear the screeches and waste time if there's nothing we can do from then on.

7+ Year Old Account
    I received my first screech after getting AK 5, although I am not sure if it was just rng and happened to be after I picked up my AK scroll. Same as the rest of you with the buff, tried looking around the zone and behind me after the emote popped, stealthing and tracking beasts/humanoids.

I am going to go kill some owlcats and ettins to see if they drop anything worth while and investigate the non hostile ones some more.

We are looking for an "elusive wild god" gonna look into this some more too maybe there's a hint somewhere regarding wild gods/ Ela'lothen.

Edit:

Hey guys, I found something strange. When investigating near Yowlon, there are some permanently dead feathermane hunters. I was running around the tree near these bodies when I heard a screech and something put me into combat. This happens every time I run out of combat and run over/near one of the bodies again. I looked around and killed a non hostile owl (starclutch screecher), but it did not sound the same as the screech I heard. I tried using a skaggldrynk, but didnt see anything unusual either.

Edit 2:
    Upon further investigation I found that it sounds almost exactly like the audio file when you attack the hunters near Yowlon, so, I am guessing this is just a bug with the dead bodies. I asked my boyfriend to try running over the corpses on his rogue, but nothing happened for him (tried both in a different phase and in my party). Wouldn't this affect him too, if it was a bug?

Okay you can actually attack the dead bodies lol. Definately a bug. Got excited there it also shows up as there being mobs there when you track beasts, when they are no where to be found.
    Last edited by Razari; 2016-09-27 at 02:40 AM.

I received my first emote on the day I reached AK 4. I am now AK 5, and haven't had a single emote since the first. I feel incredibly discouraged and I'm really not sure where to go from here? I check the dreamway multiple times per day, but nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiesaurus View Post
    I received my first emote on the day I reached AK 4. I am now AK 5, and haven't had a single emote since the first. I feel incredibly discouraged and I'm really not sure where to go from here? I check the dreamway multiple times per day, but nothing.
    It's entirely random wether you get a screech or not after reaching AK 4. I've haven't got a single screech so far (but well, maybe someone discovers how to unlock the form by the time I get my first screech, which hopefully involves not to get screeches for all zones)

found a stone in 53,6 feralas

Deleted
    Just my 2 cents on the current state. I didn't check any relation to quests/progress/reputation:

Received my first scretch at AK 4. 2 Days after, I received the 2nd scretch, the next the 3rd one.
    So as far as this thread goes, I already received the 3 scretches a "long time ago" (got the 3rd one about 4 days ago) - already reached AK 5.
    Didn't quest that much, especially no story-questlines (just a few dailys here and there) and went for a 7/7nhc, 2/7hc (maybe raidkills are related).

I dunno what I should do or try to progress with the hidden artefact appearance.
    Anyone any tipps what to do next to the 3 scretches?

I dunno. I honestly think that it's weird I received all 3 screeches (in a row) in the first 3 days after hitting AK4.

After that I haven't been getting any screeches. Been about 5 days now. I know it's random and it might be bad luck, but this just seems odd to me. I'm AK5 now and have cleared 7/7nhc and 1/7 hc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valqt View Post
    I dunno. I honestly think that it's weird I received all 3 screeches (in a row) in the first 3 days after hitting AK4.

After that I haven't been getting any screeches. Been about 5 days now. I know it's random and it might be bad luck, but this just seems odd to me. I'm AK5 now and have cleared 7/7nhc and 1/7 hc.
    Pretty similar to me. So no one proceeded next to the 3 scretches?

So I put this on wowhead and I'm in no way saying this could be the case but its my own theory which I would like everyone elses opinions on. So I got the duskwood screech 3 days after hitting AK4, then got the hinterlands screech today. Alas nothing special happened, however the emote the stone leaves behind (the one that says something darts off) leads me to believe that its not a simple case of just clicking stones. I believe that its a clue, a taunt if you like, to get you looking else where for other stones and the first one just gets you started. Now wether its in the same said zone or to go elsewhere, I'm not entirely sure, however I have scoured all 3 screech portal areas after touching the hinterlands stone and have found nothing. But that doesn't mean to say that its something you to check regularly through the day. I just find it strange how I clicked the duskwood stone a while ago and the /dump command is now reading back that I havn't, which tells me its not just a case of clicking all 3 stones and thats it. Below are a few things I have tried, all of which came up fruitless. Let me know what you think.

* I have tried scouring all 3 portals after said hinterlands stone was touched. Also used tomtom coordinates for this.
    * Ran around while searching for the stones in cat form in case anything come up on beast tracking.
    * Went to the ashenvale portal to see if anything appeared there.
    * Checked areas in hinterlands where owlbeasts (moonkins) were roaming. Since the lore on them says that where ever they reside, there is normally something important there that they are protecting
    * Scoured all 3 areas while stealthed.
    * Even gone as far as killing critters in areas to activate the buff you get for killing beasts to see if that made anything appear.

Unfortunately I don't have much more time to do anything else until tomorrow but it would be great if anyone else tests my theory and check other portals for stones after touching the first stone. The emote it leaves behind is to much of a give away imo.

Edit: Its also worth noting that after I clicked the stone, the /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44328) to see if the stone is active is still coming back as true.
    Last edited by Serelean; 2016-09-27 at 09:45 AM.

The dump command resets daily which is why it now comes back as false. Pretty sure they have a seperate way of tracking whether or not you have clicked a stone or not.

Like I said before, I haven't been getting a screech for 5 days now after getting all 3 ones in a row. I guess there is a "next step" that no one has found out yet.

Since my second screech (in Hinterlands again, but found no stone), there was still no new screech.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So last night I received a screech, went through the portal, clicked the stone blah blah... but if I remember correctly I got a different message after I clicked the stone. After I clicked the stone it said something along the lines of "You hear a noise behind you and feel something merging with your spirit or making you stronger, etc. I don't really remember exactly what it was as I was coming off a 15 hour shift and didn't have the brain capacity to think to screen shot it. It was definitely not the normal "You hear a noise behind you and then it darts away" message. Believe that was my second screech total (feralas) and I haven't had a screech in many days since the first one (the day I got AK 4). The first screech I had was in the hinterlands.

Long story short, the only thing I did differently was the portal. Right before I went through it I noticed that the portal itself was clickable. I went to click it and it asked if I wanted to remove some kind of spell or something that I had placed on the portal (which I have no idea what the hell it was talking about as I don't remember empowering any portal). I clicked yes and then went through the portal. No idea if that helps anyone...and I'm definitely kicking myself for either not recording it or screen shotting any of it. Hopefully I get another screech soon and can test whether it was a fluke or something more or someone else here can see if they get the same deal (clickable portal).

EDIT: Tonight when I get home from work I'll run the quest dumps and see if they all return as false or if one stays set to true. Might be a good way to see if this was anything or not.