Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account

Why I Carry No Matter What

Howdy there, all - I'm a weird combination of occupation and volunteer work: software engineer with a touch of volunteer firefighter. Logic and unlogical. Yeah, I'm not normal, but then again I'd rather be dead than average.

Anywhom, I was dropping a deuce last night when I hear screams and people rushing up and down the stairs (they're loud as all heck outside; I live in an apartment complex for now). I angrily pinch it off, grab my 2nd Amendment and my radio and head outside - I clear the corners and yell, "Everything alright?"

Guy replies, "No, I was robbed and hit in the head with a crowbar and am bleeding badly."

Gonnabealongassnight.jpg

I head upstairs to him and the first thing I see: blood drops and smears everywhere. He's walking around. I ask him the usual head trauma stuff (after getting him to sit down, calm down a little so his endorphins can work, etc.): sick to your stomach, squeeze my hands (I put on some gloves, don't worry), push down with your feet against me, etc. I radio dispatch to send the donut eaters and my fellow water squirters.

The police get there first (volunteer fire dept - takes a bit longer with our ambulances), take pictures of the crowbar, the ambulance gets there, he goes to the trauma center, and he got back home with his wife (she was driving in from out of down) at around 4:30am or so (damn World Quests kept me up that long).

Anywho: this is what I want to point out. He was just taking out his trash, got out his phone while walking back, and two thugs came up to him and snatched his phone and started beating the shit out of him with a crowbar. Idk why a crowbar - I guess because they can't pass a background check, they think a crowbar is a viable weapon to alert someone with when you're going to beat the shit out of them.

My main point: Carry. If you don't, start. It's easy to get a carry permit in your state if you're eligible. This dude could have saved himself a hospital visit - it also could have been way, way worse. I'm more frustrated I didn't get outside with my 16 friends a LOT sooner than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not newsy enough to have its own thread outside of the gun control mega thread, and any discussion this may spark would belong in that megathread.

Closing