Am i Outlawing Right - Sorry if this is a Repost.......

Hey Guys, just wanted your input if i am performing this spec correctly, as I am very disappointed in my damage output with this spec. Below are my logs for the last 2 weeks of raiding.

It wont let me link my logs, but you can look me up. Bacstabbath - Whisperwind

I follow the icy-veins guides as much as i can possible can. I see most rogues are easily putting up 250k plus on the first EN boss, and i struggle to hit 200k. Am i missing something that you guys can see? I know there is some RNG element to this spec with RtB, but is is that much? I know i need more Versa on my gear, im working towards that.

Im almost at my 2nd golden trait, but should i continue, or should i start switching to Sin, for single target fights?

Let me know what you guys think. And Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bacstabbath View Post
    Hey Guys, just wanted your input if i am performing this spec correctly, as I am very disappointed in my damage output with this spec. Below are my logs for the last 2 weeks of raiding.

It wont let me link my logs, but you can look me up. Bacstabbath - Whisperwind

I follow the icy-veins guides as much as i can possible can. I see most rogues are easily putting up 250k plus on the first EN boss, and i struggle to hit 200k. Am i missing something that you guys can see? I know there is some RNG element to this spec with RtB, but is is that much? I know i need more Versa on my gear, im working towards that.

Im almost at my 2nd golden trait, but should i continue, or should i start switching to Sin, for single target fights?

Let me know what you guys think. And Thanks
    First off, "most rogues" are NOT doing 250k plus on first EN boss. The TOP rogues are. 200k plus on first EN boss is fine. Could use improvement, but you're not nearly as bad as you're making yourself seem by only doing 200k on first boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    First off, "most rogues" are NOT doing 250k plus on first EN boss. The TOP rogues are. 200k plus on first EN boss is fine. Could use improvement, but you're not nearly as bad as you're making yourself seem by only doing 200k on first boss.
    Thanks for the high optimism, and i feel like im doing everything correctly, just not putting out the numbers. The other rogue in the guild, whose 2-3 itm lvls below me, seemed like he was lightyears ahead of me during boss fights. Im not sure what he was doing different.

I went and looked you up. Looking at your Heroic Nyth kill. You were only 5k dps(2m damage) behind the other rogue. That's like nothing pretty much so you were even with him there.

He was 8m dmg ahead of you on Ursoc though. I find that interesting actually because you both had the exact same number of RTs on Ursoc - 56. You're both prepotting Old war so its not that either(though his Old War did do 2m more dmg than yours so maybe his lined up better with his cds?). Neither of you are vanishing>ambushing(which you should be). You didn't let Alacrity fall off which is good...so not that either. You had 12 RtB casts so you're not over-rolling. I'm honestly not sure why he did so much better on Ursoc looking through them other than to say maybe his RtB rolls were just that much better to account for 4-5m dmg.

For Dragon's I can already tell you why you didn't do nearly as well. Blade Flurry. His Blade Flurry did almost 15m dmg, yours did 5m. You didn't have it up as much when you should have.

You beat him on Il'gynoth but i can already tell you both of you did terrible. Both of you should have been top 2 or 3 cause so much Blade Flurry there. Just for reference, Il'gynoth Normal i did, my Blade Flurry did twice the damage yours did on lower health mobs. So if i did it on Heroic, it would have been even more.

One thing he might be doing that you aren't(or just better than you are) is Marked for Death usage. MfD sniping is key to doing bigdick dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    I went and looked you up. Looking at your Heroic Nyth kill. You were only 5k dps(2m damage) behind the other rogue. That's like nothing pretty much so you were even with him there.

He was 8m dmg ahead of you on Ursoc though. I find that interesting actually because you both had the exact same number of RTs on Ursoc - 56. You're both prepotting Old war so its not that either(though his Old War did do 2m more dmg than yours so maybe his lined up better with his cds?). Neither of you are vanishing>ambushing(which you should be). You didn't let Alacrity fall off which is good...so not that either. You had 12 RtB casts so you're not over-rolling. I'm honestly not sure why he did so much better on Ursoc looking through them other than to say maybe his RtB rolls were just that much better to account for 4-5m dmg.

For Dragon's I can already tell you why you didn't do nearly as well. Blade Flurry. His Blade Flurry did almost 15m dmg, yours did 5m. You didn't have it up as much when you should have.

You beat him on Il'gynoth but i can already tell you both of you did terrible. Both of you should have been top 2 or 3 cause so much Blade Flurry there. Just for reference, Il'gynoth Normal i did, my Blade Flurry did twice the damage yours did on lower health mobs. So if i did it on Heroic, it would have been even more.

One thing he might be doing that you aren't(or just better than you are) is Marked for Death usage. MfD sniping is key to doing bigdick dps.
    Thanks for your time on the analyses. I think those are logs on actual kills, we had a few pulls where he was ahead of me by a bit. Especially the Ursoc fight.

On Dragons, we split the group up into 2, like your supposed to, and he got the dragon that spawns the shades more i believe. I know he did in the beginning of the fight. Unless im not seeing it, or im missing something, my side didnt have anything to really Blade Flurry on, besides the moving spirit adds that need to die ASAP.

On Ill'gnoth, we both didnt have very good RtBs, and adds were dying crazy fast. My numbers i feel were bumped up a bit, because i used my trinket that does AOE Damage to who ever stands on it, i used that primarily on the oozes. In the brain room, i cant speak for me, but i know i was getting the debuff like crazy, and wasnt able to keep high uptime on the boss. I guess i could have specced into Acrobat for the extra range.

Do you guys think i should stick it out with Outlaw, im not a huge fan of the RNG playstyle. i like to have my dps be consistent and not be reflected by luck. I messed around a bit last night in heroics with SIN, and i like that playstyle alot better. But my guild needs people to play the best spec available, will SIN be viable?

I am personally staying Outlaw despite all the doom and gloom posters that blindly follow the sims. If you're not particularly a fan of the spec due to RtB, Sub is probably your best choice as it scales the best out of the three specs.

I'd say you should stick with Outlaw though, but it's up to you though.