The Lich King in hindsight

Ner'zhul's spirit was placed within a specially crafted block of diamond-hard ice gathered from the far reaches of the Twisting Nether.
    With the revelation that demons only die in Nether or heavy fel places like Nathreza / Argus. This is why Uther says the Lich King can only be destroyed in close proximity to the Frozen Throne aka his Nether Anchor point.

This also lends more credit to naysayers about Ner'zhul's spirit being destroyed.

Last edited by anaxie; 2016-10-01 at 11:18 AM.

Wh-wha-who-whu---

Boom.

Deleted
    Ner'zhul's spirit was killed/banished by Arthas, INSIDE the ice block.

But why would Uther know this? Unlike us, he can't just wowpedia who Ner'zhul was, how demons work or where the chunk of ice came from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    But why would Uther know this? Unlike us, he can't just wowpedia who Ner'zhul was, how demons work or where the chunk of ice came from.
    Ghost Uther would know, while stuck inside the Frostmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Ghost Uther would know, while stuck inside the Frostmourne.
    Ghost Uther really didn't know anything about the Lich King. He was just guessing and was self-contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Ner'zhul's spirit was killed/banished by Arthas, INSIDE the ice block.
    The nether block

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Ghost Uther really didn't know anything about the Lich King. He was just guessing and was self-contradictory.
    "I actually don't know anything, but I would say your only hope is to attack the Lich King at the place he is the strongest. Fate of whole Azeroth lies in your hands, and I don't actually know why I'm sending you to fight in the most retarded place I could think of, but whatever".

Makes sense.

I always thought Lich King became akin to Elemental Lords, with his absolute power over undeath and such, and such beings, as in D&D settings, can be destroyed only in their "homes", the places of their origin and power. Which, for LK, was obviously the Frozen Throne.

Which makes kinda foolish for him to try to fight us in that place. Unless he was so confident in his power that he didn't even suspect something might go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Which makes kinda foolish for him to try to fight us in that place. Unless he was so confident in his power that he didn't even suspect something might go wrong.
    Arthas in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Unless he was so confident in his power that he didn't even suspect something might go wrong.
    That is literally the entire storyline to WotLK. Arthas spent the entire expansion losing on purpose, testing us every step of the way. When we finally confronted him in force he fought us until we had proven we were strong enough to lead the Scourge, then he literally one shot the entire raid. The only thing that stopped him from winning was his own hubris - he froze Tirion in the block of ice to make him watch us all die and to allow us to be the ones to kill him, giving Tirion time to break free and hatefuck Frostmourne with Ashbringer.