Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    New World lacks content (not just endgame content) and that is due to the fact it was originally made to be a PVP focused MMO.
    How much content should NW have had at launch to satisfy you?

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I have not seen them admit any mistake about posts but even if that is the case they would just accept it regardless of what was said and then move on, players like to assume things and then just blame the company, never once have they posted that region transfers were going to happen.
    https://forums.newworld.com/t/megath...athread/354334

Can we transfer from region to region, say from US East to US West?

Transfers are only available within your region, each region is a separate database and it is not possible to re-assign as character to a different region.
    So the “transfer to any server” statement issues earlier was not true?

Unfortunately the original information provided was incorrect.
    Literally in their post dude. How deep do you want to dig?

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Can somebody tell me if its still good time to get in the game and start from scratch, or are people already leaving the game?
    With this game, its probably never to late. Theres always groups going for the few dungeons that are in the game. Besides that, you can just fine level mostly on your own. Its a cool world, great looking game. If you also enjoy gathering+proffesions its a great game.

personally I think its worth the money. im not rushing it to 60, im just enjoying my time with the game. Theres not much going on at endgame right now, but there will come more content later on. Meanwhile we can enjoy the leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not seen them admit any mistake about posts but even if that is the case they would just accept it regardless of what was said and then move on, players like to assume things and then just blame the company, never once have they posted that region transfers were going to happen.
    Why do you keep arguing this issue when you can quickly google it and find what they wrote? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://forums.newworld.com/t/megath...athread/354334

Literally in their post dude. How deep do you want to dig?
    They still didnt ever once mention you would be able to region transfer though did they, all they ever said was server tranfers so many players just assumed they could transfer any way they wanted, so the company just took it on the chin since it was technically thier fault for not being specific enough with the character transfer information.

Players just assumed they could transfer bewtween regions and then made it the companies fault when they were told that was not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Why do you keep arguing this issue when you can quickly google it and find what they wrote? lol
    Its not arguing when the company actually never once stated anything about being able to region transfer, players just assumed that was the case and the company just accepted the blame for not being specific enough with the information.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

They still didnt ever once mention you would be able to region transfer though did they, all they ever said was server tranfers so many players just assumed they could transfer any way they wanted, so the company just took it on the chin since it was technically thier fault for not being specific enough with the character transfer information.

Players just assumed they could transfer bewtween regions and then made it the companies fault when they were told that was not going to happen.
    Alright, so this is the hill you wanna die on. Fine. I guess there really is no convincing you once you've made up your mind, no matter what. You literally have Amazon saying, "We provided inaccurate information." yet still you persist in arguing that Amazon is wrong in admitting they're wrong just so you can be right.

Alright, so this is the hill you wanna die on. Fine. I guess there really is no convincing you once you've made up your mind, no matter what. You literally have Amazon saying, "We provided inaccurate information." yet still you persist in arguing that Amazon is wrong in admitting they're wrong just so you can be right.
    There are times when a company will just say they are wrong just for the sake of it and move on, simple fact is they never once said region transfers were a thing and that is a fact you cant change.

I never once assumed you would be able to region transfer a character, only an idiot would play on a different region just assuming they could change back at some point.

There are times when a company will just say they are wrong just for the sake of it and move on, simple fact is they never once said region transfers were a thing and that is a fact you cant change.

I never once assumed you would be able to region transfer a character, only an idiot would play on a different region just assuming they could change back at some point.
    Did you fall on your head? You should get yourself checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now you will spend another 3 pages arguing with known troll whether water is indeed wet. Like what, are you trying to convince him or something? Haha... That person lives in the alternate reality, it's like trying to convince some conspiracy theorist that C19 vaccine is not a plot by Gates to control everyone with nanobots. You just waste your time.

Amazon fucked up and they admitted they fucked up, end of the story. Won't be the last fuckup either. It will be a wild ride for at least a few months until they get some more experience managing the whole thing.

That's part of the reason I stay away from that game for the time being - I want to give it good half a year to stabilize and see if it will actually end up being worth the time. It's not about measly 40 bucks, but the time that might very well be wasted on potentially DOA game like I did with Anthem or even Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's not about measly 40 bucks, but the time that might very well be wasted on potentially DOA game like I did with Anthem or even Wildstar.
    Considering it's already off to a FAR better start than either, and its problems are far less structural than either of those games, it's pretty unlikely it'll see swift abandonment like Anthem or struggle the way WildStar did. They've still got a F2P transition in their back pocket if they really need to use it.

It's $40 so not a big purchase, and honestly IMO even with the flaws it's worth the price of admission if you're into more of a "sandpark" MMO that doesn't just focus everything on endgame progression that has little to nothing to do with what you did while leveling up. Not really missing out on much by waiting though, either, just the launch rush and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering it's already off to a FAR better start than either, and its problems are far less structural than either of those games, it's pretty unlikely it'll see swift abandonment like Anthem or struggle the way WildStar did. They've still got a F2P transition in their back pocket if they really need to use it.

It's $40 so not a big purchase, and honestly IMO even with the flaws it's worth the price of admission if you're into more of a "sandpark" MMO that doesn't just focus everything on endgame progression that has little to nothing to do with what you did while leveling up. Not really missing out on much by waiting though, either, just the launch rush and whatnot.
    I don't care about $$ - I more care about wasting my time.

And it's really a hard sell saying it's better than Wildstar, because Wildstar at least had actual PvE, story, questing, dungeons and all, even if they decided to hide the last part it all behind 500 layers of crap for misguided reasons.

I'd really like to see their roadmap, as in whether they even intend to add actual PvE or plan to go RvR-ish full steam ahead. So far my outlook is somewhat negative, I can't shake the feeling that this is practically Eve with fantasy skin or at best wannabe DAoC.

Considering it's already off to a FAR better start than either.
    Ummm no it isn't, NW actually has the exact same problems both Wildstar and Anthem did.

Repetitive questing and lack of endgame, In some aspects its actually worse than both as well because you can't really co-op with friends while questing.

Also IMO the menu is a fucken eye swore. (just like wildstar's was)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Can somebody tell me if its still good time to get in the game and start from scratch, or are people already leaving the game?
    It's a buy to play game with no sub, people are going to come and go constantly. There are almost certainly going to be server mergers to keep the population healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm no it isn't, NW actually has the exact same problems both Wildstar and Anthem did.

Repetitive questing and lack of endgame, In some aspects its actually worse than both as well because you can't really co-op with friends while questing.

Also IMO the menu is a fucken eye swore. (just like wildstar's was)
    "Lack of an endame"? You mean a traditional raiding endgame? Because it's not supposed to have that.

Repetitive quests didn't kill either WS or Anthem. Anthem's deeply flawed design, from a lack of content overall (3 dungeons and a small open world) to its broken itemization system to a ton of significant bugs hurt it deeply. Like, much of the game fundamentally didn't work as designed/hoped for. WildStar struggled more because the endgame was designed for MMO players 10+ years ago, not the modern MMO crowd. Hence why the joke was that the hardest raid boss in WildStar was getting 40 people together for a raid to begin with.

We're seeing a very different reaction/response to NW than those games, even as the criticisms are ramping up since the "new car smell" is wearing off.

This isn't to argue NW is perfect by any means, or even really "amazing" overall as I'm still leveling so can't speak to the quality of level 6o play. But it's lightyears different than the situations with WildStar (also hampered by the P2P launch and a poorly planned/timed transition to F2P) and Anthem (which was already limping in given the recent issues with ME:A and had extensive internal issues as we now know, to the point where devs couldn't even mention Destiny by name despite designing a very similar game).

Sure, it's not set for blowing up the charts and WoW-style growth necessarily, but it seems like it's off to a stronger start than just about any other fresh MMO I can think of in at least 5+ years. Better than SWTOR, better than ESO, better than WS, better than FFXIV (1.0 kek). Yes, some of those games turned around in a huge way and are great now (ESO and FFXIV are great examples of this) and others didn't (RIP WS, and SWTOR is still around though not exactly chugging ahead at full steam), but WS having a pretty good foundation from the start means it's likely got a better chance of carrying their launch momentum and having some nice success for the title.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It's a buy to play game with no sub, people are going to come and go constantly. There are almost certainly going to be server mergers to keep the population healthy.
    Server merges have me wondering how it will all work. I know each server is part of a "set" that determines what it gets merged with. But how will they handle territory bonuses, zone upgrades, etc. Someone, or faction, will most certainly get shafted in a merge. Even if it is just a company that gets the extra perks for owning a zone.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Server merges have me wondering how it will all work. I know each server is part of a "set" that determines what it gets merged with. But how will they handle territory bonuses, zone upgrades, etc. Someone, or faction, will most certainly get shafted in a merge. Even if it is just a company that gets the extra perks for owning a zone.
    Just reset the server to initial state right after a merge. It's not like it happens every week and it might even provide some liveness to a stale situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Just reset the server to initial state right after a merge. It's not like it happens every week and it might even provide some liveness to a stale situation.
    Agreed, while it will get the mouth breathers upset it's the best call for the game - you don't even need to do a full reset, leave all the tables at the highest level they were across servers and let the new better balanced factions fight for them.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I sure hope El Jeffe Bezos is paying you a lot. You deserve it for how much you can ignore evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Agreed, while it will get the mouth breathers upset it's the best call for the game - you don't even need to do a full reset, leave all the tables at the highest level they were across servers and let the new better balanced factions fight for them.
    The problem is that these guilds spent hundreds of thousands of golds on buying / capturing and upgrading these settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I sure hope El Jeffe Bezos is paying you a lot. You deserve it for how much you can ignore evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that these guilds spent hundreds of thousands of golds on buying / capturing and upgrading these settlements.
    They'll survive. Same thing that would have happened if another company took it away via gameplay

10+ Year Old Account

Does this mean it will be even harder for to take land? Is that good for gameplay?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Did you fall on your head? You should get yourself checked.
    That statement is true what they said, you can currently move between regions, the question asked was not specific to transferring a character to a different region, you are just assuming that is the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I read facts unlike yourself, never once did they mention you would be able to region transfer a character, they only ever mentioned server transfers.