15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    ESO you can fast travel as much as you want, so I feel its different. It end up just being just a pain to me. But NW with the Azoth cost you cant really do this, so to me it was fine, it gives different market, you can move stuff and sell for higher price because the resource is less accessible in a region. Thats how you could even sell water in place like Weavers fen. I liked it the way it was tbh. But if the majority of the community believe its just better to link everything, so be it. But I'd still prefer to keep it how its
    Pretty much how I feel. I preferred separate Trading Posts, for basically the same reasons. Some stuff sells for more in different places, it was a good way to make coin. However as you also said, it's not gonna deter me from playing.

The Void Gauntlet was not what I expected it to be but it's alright. Not good enough to make me swap from my tomahawk ways. For me, I need the speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Some datamined info is out there for the Blunderbus, Great Sword, new endgame dungeons, and Brimstone Sands zone.

Also saw a thing about crafting requirement changes. But the Redditor doesn't give details.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awwww shit, blunderbuss?? Heck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Great Sword
    well now I might give this broken game a try if they release that.

Can someone explain me how gold duping works on new world? No I don't want to do it, I'm just curious what exploit people used to make gold since everyone is talking about it and I don't understand what they mean.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2021-11-11 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Can someone explain me how gold duping works on new world? No I don't want to do it, I'm just curious what exploit people used to make gold since everyone is talking about it and I don't understand what they mean.
    I dont play, neither read up on it a lot, but basically if i recall its simple since its duping methods from 20 years ago, because thats how much they failed.

You trade the gold, you force your internet to lag and you get disconnected, because you were quicker than the server, you keep the gold, but the person you traded too gets it also.

So when you relog, the server reports that you have your gold, so does the guy you traded too.

Its literally a so old dupe way that you have to have 0 server knowledge and game knowledge to let it happen, and it happens because their substructure for a game of 2021 is wrong.

Thats why its a really important matter, cause its Amazon, and its a problem that is known/fixed 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I dont play, neither read up on it a lot, but basically if i recall its simple since its duping methods from 20 years ago, because thats how much they failed.

You trade the gold, you force your internet to lag and you get disconnected, because you were quicker than the server, you keep the gold, but the person you traded too gets it also.

So when you relog, the server reports that you have your gold, so does the guy you traded too.

Its literally a so old dupe way that you have to have 0 server knowledge and game knowledge to let it happen, and it happens because their substructure for a game of 2021 is wrong.

Thats why its a really important matter, cause its Amazon, and its a problem that is known/fixed 20 years ago.
    Well that's one of the dupes.

Another one being if a guild tries to upgrade their town it doesn't take gold from the guild but if the guild cancels the upgrade they get gold the upgrade should have cost back.

This one isn't really a gold dupe but still an exploit. If you have materials for a quest in your storage, and you put them up on the auction house, then complete the quest, you get the quest rewards. Then you just cancel the auction and get to keep all the materials that should have been handed in for the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    guess i'm a weirdo but i thought ESO(more so) and NW auction system to be kind of cool.
    centralized AH just means everyone dumps everything at the same place(botters paradise).
    just a shame NW screwed up the economy before we got to see how it could have evolved.
    Linking storages would be way better than linking trade posts, but Amazon isn't know for making logical decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Awwww shit, blunderbuss?? Heck yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    well now I might give this broken game a try if they release that.
    It's a datamine of the weapon name and some slight additions to code relating to those names. These weapons were datamined months ago already.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Linking storages would be way better than linking trade posts, but Amazon isn't know for making logical decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a datamine of the weapon name and some slight additions to code relating to those names. These weapons were datamined months ago already.
    Linking storage makes no sense, its just for lazy players who cant be bothered to manage what they have, so seperate storage makes much more sense than linking everything just because players are lazy. It would then heavily devalue having a house and its extra storage box space, you are not supposed to mass horde items in NW, gather what you need and refine/sell the rest.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Well that's one of the dupes.

Another one being if a guild tries to upgrade their town it doesn't take gold from the guild but if the guild cancels the upgrade they get gold the upgrade should have cost back.

This one isn't really a gold dupe but still an exploit. If you have materials for a quest in your storage, and you put them up on the auction house, then complete the quest, you get the quest rewards. Then you just cancel the auction and get to keep all the materials that should have been handed in for the quest.
    May I ask what exposed the dupers? where did this become known to the public and the dev team?

I play from the beginning and I play quite a lot and I didn't notice anything while everyone else was informed. It happened all of a sudden, unlike the bear spawn exploit that occurred from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Have you played a game without this to know how you feel about it?
    Yes, Lineage 2.

In Lineage2, trading happened in 2-3 cities that the community decided are "trading hubs". You would essentially have players setting up a shop alongside the streets and each shop would sell various stuff you needed.

Not only that, but many people would just "shout" they were selling various items and consumables. You could then privately message these people and start negotiating with them in order to purchase / sell the items in question.

The whole thing felt very personal and interactive. If you were talented in commerce, it would have been viable to just sit around and buy and sell stuff.

May I ask what exposed the dupers? where did this become known to the public and the dev team?

I play from the beginning and I play quite a lot and I didn't notice anything while everyone else was informed. It happened all of a sudden, unlike the bear spawn exploit that occurred from the start.
    It didn't happen all of a sudden, it was around for several days. Devs had no clue about this issue until massive reports on Reddit and the official forums made them aware.

This was mostly recognized from players that checked trade posts and there were thousands of exotic and high level resources or auctions that are selling utter crap for like 100.000g. That's the easiest and most obvious indicator for money laundering or duping.

It didn't happen all of a sudden, it was around for several days. Devs had no clue about this issue until massive reports on Reddit and the official forums made them aware.

This was mostly recognized from players that checked trade posts and there were thousands of exotic and high level resources or auctions that are selling utter crap for like 100.000g. That's the easiest and most obvious indicator for money laundering or duping.
    I saw people claiming it was reported months ago at the beta and it was fixed, but apparently it wasnt or not done properly, i can only assume, people that do these stuff simply tried it and it worked and simply abused it.

I saw people claiming it was reported months ago at the beta and it was fixed, but apparently it wasnt or not done properly, i can only assume, people that do these stuff simply tried it and it worked and simply abused it.
    It wasn't the first time they said they fixed issue A/B/C and in the end they didn't fix anything. I mean they even brand several of their "fixes" to be speculative, so that's what I expect in this case too.

Amazon thought they fixed it, but in reality they did not.

It wasn't the first time they said they fixed issue A/B/C and in the end they didn't fix anything. I mean they even brand several of their "fixes" to be speculative, so that's what I expect in this case too.

Amazon thought they fixed it, but in reality they did not.
    Problem isnt the fix or not, this is an abuse from online games in the late 90s, early 2000s, its basically unacceptable from the technical side of things for this to happen, and it happens because the whole game/server infustructure is wrong , again its what i read from people that researched it/know better.

And again, this is a problem because its not an indie company neither its Amazon itself per se, but they use their servers for sure, so anything is unacceptable basically.

Problem isnt the fix or not, this is an abuse from online games in the late 90s, early 2000s, its basically unacceptable from the technical side of things for this to happen, and it happens because the whole game/server infustructure is wrong , again its what i read from people that researched it/know better.

And again, this is a problem because its not an indie company neither its Amazon itself per se, but they use their servers for sure, so anything is unacceptable basically.
    Next thing we find out is that they don't sanitize their DB inputs.

Because the devs in their infinite idiocy decided not to any form of support tickets for bug reports. The only way to report bugs it to go the the open New World forums and start a thread about the bug including pictures, and exact details on how to replicate then. So after it was found it spread like wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Next thing we find out is that they don't sanitize their DB inputs.
    Wouldn't surprise me. I read your can put html in the chat.

Changes to Sword, Rapier and Hammer are pretty good. I also like the spear buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Oof. Not enjoying the watermarking system to 600 GS all that much. Takes too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I agree - there used to be a time when games wouldnt be published until it was complete and pretty much 100% ready to go. Blizzard used to be like that. It was almost like they trademarked "soon" as an answer when games/xpacs etc would be released. Soon could been 1 month, it could mean 1 year.

But it all begs questions - Would wow(vanilla) when it launched back in the day survive with a 2021 launch? It was a solid mess back then too, even though Blizzard thought it was ready. Not as bad as NW, but there were issues related to launch. Would Blizzard of 2021 hold back a wow release if everyone knew the game was coming? Would they delay the launch with a year?

Gaming marked has changed so much since wow hit the ground running, I bet theres alot of pressure to get these games out and rake in the big bucks quickly. Back when wow launched MMORPGs was a niche marked and I didnt even know wow was coming, and I LOVED the Warcraft series.

Anyway - NW is a total mess. I quit a few weeks ago, wont be coming back in the immediate future. As it looks now, its going to be ESO until new wow patch/xpac.
    Oh I'm certain if WoW released as an MMO today, without an existing fanbase, it would have completely flopped. In fact, I doubt WoW as a game right now, BFA and Shadowlands, would have flopped as well if not for nostalgia, fans of the Warcraft Universe, fans of Blizzard, etc. You truly have to have a deep attachment to WoW to enjoy it as anything other than a really casual player or a really hardcore player. The middlemen.

- - - Updated - - -

Most reviewers of NW have said all that needs to be said. The world is both beautiful and immersive. The gameplay is decidedly average. You can really get engrossed in just doing absolutely nothing while running around the world collecting stuff. As a hardcore PvE and PvP game, it fails at both of those things. New World feels like skyrim if you ripped out all of the interesting quests and added stuff to gather.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"