Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I wonder how underwhelming this game is comparing to what actually FF14 has to offer.
    Any brand new game is going to be "lacking" compared to a game that's been out on the market and expanding for a decade. Doesn't seem to be targeting the same MMO audience either, they can coexist with the dozens of other MMO's out there.

Ui is still absolute garbage, combat is still bad.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Don't forget to set FPS caps dudes. I usually do that for every game I play for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Don't forget to set FPS caps dudes. I usually do that for every game I play for this very reason.
    They're patching the menu to cap FPS to hopefully avoid the issues with higher end GPU's.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I wonder how underwhelming this game is comparing to what actually FF14 has to offer. I wasn't really impressed with the early preview. It would be interesting to know if developers are passionate about the game or it's just some pet project.
    I mean it's not really fair to compare an existing game that has had years of live testing and multiple expansions of content to a game that was just released.

Also the combat is fine. It feels weird because wolves/lynx have really wonky pathing/movements at the moment, and they make up a significant amount of the mobs you'll fight at the beginning.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fell in love with the musket today. So satisfying to crawl in the bushes and headshot snipe things
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Any brand new game is going to be "lacking" compared to a game that's been out on the market and expanding for a decade. Doesn't seem to be targeting the same MMO audience either, they can coexist with the dozens of other MMO's out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean it's not really fair to compare an existing game that has had years of live testing and multiple expansions of content to a game that was just released.
    Very valid point, I only hope it will grow. I wish these guys success.

Is anyone else having micro stuttering when playing? It's subtle, but super annoying once you notice it.

I'm on a 3070 with a Gsync display and it's so annoying it's unplayable for me.

Wondering if anyone else has it or figured out a way around it. Tried everything I can think of.

Or if it's just something that'll get fixed hopefully with an official driver release.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    43,000 people may have just witnessed the beta bricking a 3090 thats not good publicity at all
    The only bad publicity I see is on EVGA and how they managed to make another shitty card that bricks easily.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The only bad publicity I see is on EVGA and how they managed to make another shitty card that bricks easily.
    While I think the ultimate issue is with the game, this is also true. Not their first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    While I think the ultimate issue is with the game, this is also true. Not their first.
    No, the issue is not with the game. No game is able to brick a well-designed graphics card no matter how shitty its coding is. Unless that game is literal malware that can somehow hack into the driver or the VBIOS and alter the temperature/power protection.

The issue is 100% on the graphics card maker: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm...e_of_failures/
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the issue is not with the game. No game is able to brick a well-designed graphics card no matter how shitty its coding is. Unless that game is literal malware that can somehow hack into the driver or the VBIOS and alter the temperature/power protection.

The issue is 100% on the graphics card maker: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm...e_of_failures/
    I'm not EVGA customer and I think I said that they fucked up, but game putting your card into position where this can legit happen is a pretty severe issue too.

New World isn't first where this happens and they most certainly need to fix it on their end. So yeah, Amazon need to fix their shit too before this ends up fucking up other cards.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Thats the problem tho with trying to break into the MMO market and why so many fail.
    Because you are competing with existing games that have had years of life testing and multiple expansions.

If you want to take someone away from WoW or FF14 today, your game needs to be better then them. Today.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The issue is 100% on the graphics card maker
    That doesn't change the fact it's still bad publicity. The general video game audience will not read through all the technical details. And most of the nowadays media or ("""influencers""") will likely just report about "Graphic Cards being destroyed by Game X" without any more details, numbers and such. That's the kind of publicity stunt publishers should/would avoid at all cost, even if none is their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Siege warfare, I guess thats what you call taking towns and forts, has a lot of potential but just isn't there yet.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

As usual MMO-champ is bashing the game, keep at it guys! meanwhile me and a shit ton of other players will enjoy the game to bits. It's a lot of fun, and if they fix the current big issues (fishing crashes the game etc) it can really become a good mMO in it's own niche

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I thought it was confirmed its more than EVGA, its just that EVGA has the most market share so "more EVGA cards are failing".

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    As usual MMO-champ is bashing the game, keep at it guys! meanwhile me and a shit ton of other players will enjoy the game to bits. It's a lot of fun, and if they fix the current big issues (fishing crashes the game etc) it can really become a good mMO in it's own niche
    Don't be so defensive, I don't see where you've seen "MMO-Champ is bashing the game", most of the posts here are actually positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Don't be so defensive, I don't see where you've seen "MMO-Champ is bashing the game", most of the posts here are actually positive.
    Yeah, I don't get the guy. I personally do want to check it out, but I'm wary of the whole GPU thing and want them to fix this issue, before I pop a preorder.

That is bashing? Sheesh...