LastLast
    Deleted
    so much whine here about the life of a dps

know how many tanks a raid needs, 2 to 3 in all sizes and difficulties

how many dps? 6 to 23 (13 for mythic)

finding a raid spot as a tank is not an easy job

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    It stems from the individual who started the group. It's the circular argument.

The person who starts the group, regardless of role, is going to only accept those with the highest item level. Let's pretend he sets the minimum to 850 and says in the title "850+" and immediately he gets a bunch of 851 - 853 people.

Instead of inviting he waits for that 1 person who has something closer to 860 to queue. The 860 is probably thinking "oh, instant invite" since his item level is 10 levels higher than what the minimum is. And that's the point.

It's the curse of WotLK's "gear score" returning with a vengeance. On top of all this you have these carry groups looking for nothing but the highest item level people. And so the circular cycle begins:

YOU apply for pre-made group ---> you fit item level requirements --> you get denied constantly --> YOU end up making your own groups --> YOUR groups may or may not wipe constantly by taking minimum item level requirements --> YOU start groups with minimum ilvl but deny those and only accept those much higher --> Someone you denied gets annoyed and begins the cycle anew

Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    same here. it wasn't this bad in WOD, i was able to find a lot of mythic groups. but in legion all i see is groups doing mythic+ and expecting a very high ilvl. oh well I thought I was going to enjoy legion 5mans, i was wrong. also everyone is trying to rush/mass pulls/ etc - just not my cup of tea. I am thinking of stopping playing completely or maybe run occasional heroic 5man/ WO only

Deleted
    Mythic+ is a new beast introduced in Legion

It is hard to pinpoint why you aren't getting invited to groups and is silly to just blame one thing in particular (which seems to be the item level in this thread)

you cannot see what the group has

with the group I go with I have my spriest friend usually which means that I NEED aoe damage - I just simply cannot do the run I want if I am inviting enhance shamans or whatever single target.
    your item level means very little - there are lots of people at 840-860 approx that just perform super poorly and can be beaten by 840's that actually know how to play you just need a way of showing that with an achievement or logs or just having confidence and msging when you apply.
    the flavor classes like hunters and mages just do well on both aoe and single target and those groups are likely wanting someone to carry or semi-carry them

If you have a certain way you want to do the dungeon you cannot really complain about people wanting to do it faster or what not and thats where the "create your own group" argument is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    Mythic+ is a new beast introduced in Legion

It is hard to pinpoint why you aren't getting invited to groups and is silly to just blame one thing in particular (which seems to be the item level in this thread)

you cannot see what the group has

with the group I go with I have my spriest friend usually which means that I NEED aoe damage - I just simply cannot do the run I want if I am inviting enhance shamans or whatever single target.
    your item level means very little - there are lots of people at 840-860 approx that just perform super poorly and can be beaten by 840's that actually know how to play you just need a way of showing that with an achievement or logs or just having confidence and msging when you apply.
    the flavor classes like hunters and mages just do well on both aoe and single target and those groups are likely wanting someone to carry or semi-carry them

If you have a certain way you want to do the dungeon you cannot really complain about people wanting to do it faster or what not and thats where the "create your own group" argument is the way to go.
    On lower ilvls you will see ppl avoid hunters and mages like they have the plague tough. Because many can't use their spells and ninjapull a lot.
    Almost never been declinced after passing 870 ilvl and typing "BM" in note.

Though, if you have tank+healer and is lf just one dps. There will be 50+ applies instantly during evenings, just soo many to pick from. There is also someting that cause few players in group to not see all that apply (from being on voice, telling leader to pick X and he claims that name isn't there even with <5 applications).

And at the end of the day - shit players will still be shit.

I healed a +6 Neltharion's Lair last night with 855 ilvl requirement. Group was a prot warrior, WW monk, DH and a fire mage. Me joining this group as a resto druid thinking "Hell yeah, perfect group this will be a fast 3 chest run".

We ended up wiping several times throughout the run due to the monk and DH getting one shot by pulling aggro or standing in bad stuff and the tank dying by not managing his CDs/pulls.

DPS from Total Damage at the end of the run was:
    Mage: 260K
    WW:230K
    DH:190K
    Warrior:110K

Absolutely horrendous for 855-860 ilvl. The DPS should be over 400K at least.

Quote Originally Posted by angryavocado View Post
    I agree that it's been a problem for some time now, but I think Legion has actually made it worse. Why? Artifact power grinding and RNG gear. Now more than ever people with crazy gear have a reason to do lower level content. I have an 856 ilvl monk but I get typically beat out by 870+ DPS who have almost no reason to do the M+2/3 I'm going for other than Artifact Power and the offchance of a new legendary or high-roll Titanforged item. I'm not really complaining since I don't really care all that much (not hardcore by any means), but it is something that will continue to be a challenge for average-ish players (particularly DPS). The rich get richer while the average-ish players fall increasingly far behind.
    The timer of mythic+ is by far the worse culprit, for raids I have no issue getting invites for example. Timed dungeons where trash is the biggest time saver = 2-3 classes that excel at AOE will be considered "viable" and the rest fall by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The timer of mythic+ is by far the worse culprit, for raids I have no issue getting invites for example. Timed dungeons where trash is the biggest time saver = 2-3 classes that excel at AOE will be considered "viable" and the rest fall by the wayside.
    Not to mention the dungeons where you can actually cleverly evade a lot of trash (without materials or special class abilities) are also the ones where you need so much trash that you are still forced to do it anyway, because otherwise it won't count..

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    [...]
    YOU apply for pre-made group ---> you fit item level requirements --> you get denied constantly --> YOU end up making your own groups --> YOUR groups may or may not wipe constantly by taking minimum item level requirements --> YOU start groups with minimum ilvl but deny those and only accept those much higher --> Someone you denied gets annoyed and begins the cycle anew
    thats pretty much what happened to me today. started my own grp with a friend who plays tank. set ilvl req to 840 for mythic +2 wich is reasonable. what we got was a firemage w/o living bomb wich pulled 200k aoe dps and 120k single target and a resto shaman with average 90k hps. we couldnt even finish brh intime because the tank kept dying and shit wasnt dying fast enough. i wish you could cancel the keystone run in the first 10min when you see ppls performance. last time i accept ilvl 850ish ppl into my keystone runs eventho thats the fitting level.

Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    it really isnt thought :

1)there is abundance of dps in que
    2)there is ton of dps with higher itlv then theirs
    3)people look for fotm classes because of chance of few chests instead of 1
    4)there is very very few tanks and healers due to this expansion being extremly alt unfriendly

this combined is locking out ton of people from lfd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post

I healed a +6 Neltharion's Lair last night with 855 ilvl requirement. Group was a prot warrior, WW monk, DH and a fire mage. Me joining this group as a resto druid thinking "Hell yeah, perfect group this will be a fast 3 chest run".

We ended up wiping several times throughout the run due to the monk and DH getting one shot by pulling aggro or standing in bad stuff and the tank dying by not managing his CDs/pulls.

dont expect while being in random pugs numbers that only mythic raiders are capable of pulling - either do what a lot of people do (including me ) aka only do them with friends/guildies or dont complain about random joes performance

most of playerbase is horrible at the game accept it and life will be much less stressfull. - dont like it dont pug with strangers. if you meet someone very good at the game next time take their real id - expand your real id friend base - be active about it instead just waiting for community to perform better - they wont simple as that.

quite discouraging
    I haven't had that problem at but then again i'm 870 but my alt lock only 850 and he has no problem when I try to get on groups with him. On the other hand i get declined from random world quest groups all the time unless i put myself as heals also which is weird since i always dps anyways since no one ever asks you to switch after you get in.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post

It is typical in pugs. People do not use CDs on trash. I even had couple of runs when people go afk.
    I totally do not care tbh, it is even funny sometimes. I join m+ runs when have nothing to do. Mostly i do them with guild. But sometimes it is 3 am and want some action going.

Did you expect 400k dps OVERALL dmg? really? wut

I don't get this outrage. Why not start your own group?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The irony is that even finding a guild will not necessarily grant you an m+ group, because they're already formed inside.
    And even though not all the people have the group and sometimes try to find at least a temporary solution, and I know for sure, that all of them are good – I'm just used to my group capabilities: to my warrior dying more often than I would've wanted, but clawing insane chunk of boss' HP if he survives, to my shaman healer, who's good with interrupts and stuns, to my hunter who doesn't pull extra mobs with barrage, etc.

PS 400k overall is bullshit, fast dying boss dps - yes, but not an overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Did you expect 400k dps OVERALL dmg? really? wut
    My thoughts as well

Id expect 250+ at 855. Another of those guys expecting top 1% of hardcore raiders everytime they form a group. No time for casuals!

Deleted
    I'm on a 870 guardian druid. I do guildruns on staturdays. Raiding on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. I join any fucking random group queued on any other day. Want to clear as many as I can for loot reasons. AP Choices are neglectable, since my artifact is only missing the shitty traits. I think it's about 6-7 clears per day. I don't even look what classes or what ilevel these groups are before I join, dare to speak what speccs they are. I'm not a picky girl. Just first come, first serve.

I just bias towards the Dungeon with the best loot options, aka biggest upgrade ilevel and/or statwise that drops in there which is Arcway right now, was Darkheart before. Will be Black Rook Hold next. In Pugs I prefer +4 since this is braindead by now. With this weeks affixes it's an easy 3 chests if there are no retards, 2 if there is at least one. Sadly in most pugs there is at least one retard. I only leave if there are 3 retards. Retards i do classify as dying on shit you are not supposed to die from at least twice in a single run. Or doing damage which was expected to be done in the last expasion, like 150k or lower for DPS on the course to the first Boss, including all trash.

But if the group excels, like any 3 chests group I'm even willing to stay for whatever key just got looted, but Halls of Valor, this instance just sucks, time/lootwise.

So in short my lookup Priority-Queue looks like this:
    Find group only missing a tank which is...
    1) Continue current group if good one
    2) Arcway+4
    3) Arcway+5
    4) Black Rook +4
    5) Black Rook +5
    6) Arcway+3
    7) Black Rook+3
    never needed to go any further

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    There is a fine line between elitist and tool.
    You're welcome to judge me, but you're still not getting into my group if I don't feel like inviting you.

People tend to act like you after I reject their group invite, then they proceed to insult me over and over and I guess the final phase is creating a thread at some random forums. That's fine.

You're still not getting into my group though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    On lower ilvls you will see ppl avoid hunters and mages like they have the plague tough. Because many can't use their spells and ninjapull a lot.
    Almost never been declinced after passing 870 ilvl and typing "BM" in note.
    Come on dude. You could've written "i sniff glue" in there and you still would've been invited purely due to your ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Exactly. The entire concept of Mythic+ begets class imbalance and distorts the playing experience with randoms: who will take the risk? You know nothing about random players except for their class and item level. Ideally, you'll want a high ilvl MM Hunter, Fire Mage, DH or WW Monk (just to name a few strong AoE trash dps). Why take an 855 Enhancement Shaman over an 855 DH when you already run BL/Hero? There's simply no incentive if they play equally well, then the DH will stomp trash (which is most crucial in M+).

It's infuriating that they introduce a new aspect to the game that will allow a lot of us an alternative shot at progressing towards something, yet it is inherently and incredibly biased towards a few specs, making it tough for all other specs to roll with random people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't get this outrage. Why not start your own group?
    Yeah, that's always the cop-out. I actually did that yesterday as Enhancement, and I could not build a group for my VotW +5 Sanguine all evening. There's just no tanks and healers available.

Solution for me personally is simple, namely going Resto and being in high demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You're welcome to judge me, but you're still not getting into my group if I don't feel like inviting you.

People tend to act like you after I reject their group invite, then they proceed to insult me over and over and I guess the final phase is creating a thread at some random forums. That's fine.

You're still not getting into my group though.
    Figured out which group you are....

Thats all well and fine but I had a group leader ask me spec other day which I replied. He then stated, "sorry, not what we want". He then felt the need to tell me to "enjoy your shit spec, Im one of the top unhole (sic) DK's in the US". I just responded with "Well you certainly are an unhole (sic)". What. A. Wanker.