Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legendary hunting- Demo or Destro

Hello all, I am very conflicted in which spec I should be when trying to pursue a legendary item. I play both specs almost equally across the board weather it's EN or mythic +. I personally feel like the demo bracers are fantastic for both specs but it would be very unlikely to obtain those. So with that idea being said do the other demo legendaries out weigh the destro legendaries aside from the bracers? What do you guys think? And which spec would you be playing if you were hunting for legendaries weather it would be mythic+ spam or simply opening your daily word quest rewards

Ok so first off before you read what I'm saying, keep in mind it's from a mythic raiding perspective and if anyone is looking for advice to play the game casually you should honestly just play what you like.

So basically when the expansion started, I went for demo gear and tried to get the demo ring or bracers because it was understood that destro would be better for 5 mans and demo would be good for raiding.

Since then I have found myself only speccing demo for Nythendra and then going destro for the other 6 bosses. So my priorities have changed because realistically, every fight is either cleave or aoe and demo suffers immensely from movement and just isn't even worth playing most of the time.

I have found success excelling on fights like Il'gynoth, dragons, Cenarius, and Xavius with Ursoc and spider bitch being so so.

With the destro bracers or especially the belt, you find destro becoming much more competative. So since it's already more versatile than demo, I would recommend filling out the destro artifact and going for destro legendaries unless/until Blizzard makes changes in 7.1. I personally haven't gotten any of the dps increasing legendaries yet (got the stupid pants and the 100% worthless for raiding ring) and I've been doing "ok".

So that's my two cents.
    Last edited by Sanoku; 2016-10-14 at 05:12 PM.

I'm gonna have to take a hard look at Nighthold fights before I decide whether to switch to Demo as main. I've already gotten one legendary but it's just the generic boots.

I really don't know.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoku View Post
    Ok so first off before you read what I'm saying, keep in mind it's from a mythic raiding perspective and if anyone is looking for advice to play the game casually you should honestly just play what you like.

So basically when the expansion started, I went for demo gear and tried to get the demo ring or bracers because it was understood that destro would be better for 5 mans and demo would be good for raiding.

Since then I have found myself only speccing demo for Nythendra and then going destro for the other 6 bosses. So my priorities have changed because realistically, every fight is either cleave or aoe and demo suffers immensely from movement and just isn't even worth playing most of the time.

I have found success excelling on fights like Il'gynoth, dragons, Cenarius, and Xavius with Ursoc and spider bitch being so so.

With the destro bracers or especially the belt, you find destro becoming much more competitive. So since it's already more versatile than demo, I would recommend filling out the destro artifact and going for destro legendaries unless/until Blizzard makes changes in 7.1. I personally haven't gotten any of the dps increasing legendaries yet (got the stupid pants and the 100% worthless for raiding ring) and I've been doing "ok".

So that's my two cents.
    I have had the exact same experience, even the stupid legendary pants. As much effort and work I put into demo it just wasent as viable as I wanted it to be. Plus as you start get get more legendaries, relics and artifact power, its becoming clear trying to main 2-3 specs is very burdensome to the point of almost impossible.

If I could have done it again, I would have focused destro exclusively from the start.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond! I completely see where your responses are coming from and deep down I know destro is the go to spec for 80% of EN. As a player who has only cleared heroic EN I still like to have the mentality and preparation of a mythic raider. From a casual perspective I would just slap out Demo or Aff for life and call it with what ever drops but there's still some glimmer of hope that the bracers would drop and I would get value in both of my current main specs. I do enjoy demo a ton at the moment I find the rotation fun as hell! I find that when play destro I'm even like "dammm could really use some more imps in this bitch" I just think the army of imps is hilarious. But any way back on topic it's a shot in the dark for bracers and I feel like moving into NH and with the tier set bonus Destro is just way stronger BUT I have not done my research thus far to scout out the encounters and what will be stronger but you guys are right destro investment is a strong choice moving forward! Thanks dudes and maybe I'll snag one soon!

Got feretory of souls. Really want that 8% to havoc back, but as of now my loot spec is mostly set to demo in hope for bracers (yet another bad decision of Blizzard, why in the name of God these bracers are locked behing demo and TANK neck is not locked to tank classes)

Just seems by eyeballing, napkin math, and some logs legandaries for demo are so much weaker than destro. Or at least don't transform the spec as much in terms of plugging weaknesses (mechanical or otherwise).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Just seems by eyeballing, napkin math, and some logs legandaries for demo are so much weaker than destro. Or at least don't transform the spec as much in terms of plugging weaknesses (mechanical or otherwise).
    You kiddin'? Sindorei's Spite and Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning look like having absolutely silly synergy, if there is anything that has potential of making Demo uber powerful - it's that combo.

I set my loot spec to Demo; reduces my chances of getting RoF or Corruption ring. Demo has no bad legendary's. It also puts me on the loot table for all 3 relics.

Deleted
    Destro.

The demo bracers are nice, but the destro legendaries aren't bad and the spec feels infinitely more viable.

I got magistrike bracers and have my loot spec set to demo now. I got Fizzlebang's ring as my first demo legendary, hoping for belt/bracers then back to destro loot spec for belt.

Deleted
    i actually like affliction for raiding. but the legendaries are shite lol, i go for destro legendaries because i do M+ most of the time. raiding i just pug HC once a week no biggie..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You kiddin'? Sindorei's Spite and Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning look like having absolutely silly synergy, if there is anything that has potential of making Demo uber powerful - it's that combo.
    What synergy ?

"For 25 sec after casting Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal, you and your minions deal 30% increased damage. This effect can be gained only once every 3 min."

If anything it's a bad combo; how often are they going to line up after the pull ? You will usually be delaying one for the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What synergy ?

"For 25 sec after casting Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal, you and your minions deal 30% increased damage. This effect can be gained only once every 3 min."

If anything it's a bad combo; how often are they going to line up after the pull ? You will usually be delaying one for the other.
    That part is only in effect when you select Grimoire of Supremacy, which throws rest of your stuff out of the window.

Deleted
    I have Destro because of mythics+.
    Would love to get the Destro bracers or belt. Even the cloak I'd be greatful for.

The demo bracers are really really strong though. I wish they'd drop for all warlock specs

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That part is only in effect when you select Grimoire of Supremacy, which throws rest of your stuff out of the window.
    Well, guess I should have looked more into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well, guess I should have looked more into that. Thanks for the heads up.
    I really wonder if there is a 3min ICD regardless. Anyone here have the two?

I was swayed towards destro after some thought but now I'm allll the back into thinking demo..Wilfred-spite combo has intrigued me even further.

Deleted
    I have Spite and was gonna loot destro now, but the item combo intrigues me too... Do we have any official confirmation on the combo working as Gaidax says? (no offense, but maybe it has ICD and then our dreams of op legendberry combo goes awry)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    I have Spite and was gonna loot destro now, but the item combo intrigues me too... Do we have any official confirmation on the combo working as Gaidax says? (no offense, but maybe it has ICD and then our dreams of op legendberry combo goes awry)
    You have confirmation in item tooltip, I did not test this personally, but I am sure some did in Beta.