Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ele shaman... the forgotten spec

And again the ele shaman is absent from the patch notes.. shadow priests, fury warriors and protection warriors which are in good place atm get devs attention... really starting to lose faith here. I hoped that something would be said about ele but again.. nothing. Altho they even said a week back that feed back is taken to devs..my faforite class all time.. I give it few weeks and see if i still should sub to this game..

Ele gets a revamp to how Stormkeeper works. It's up on the ptr at least, and pretty sweet IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you say something like this:

There is a large portion of the community that is looking to play the strongest thing. Those are the same people that are min-maxing and are trying to play at the cutting edge. Whichever spec is currently home to most of those people is going to get a natural bump in the results.
    It's very easy to believe the game is perfectly balanced and the divergence is caused by more skilled players playing the stronger specs. Considering they'd justify performance chasms like this and how they continue their PR offensive on simcraft it really wouldn't surprise me if their position was "Ele is fine, the community just hasn't realised it yet".

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    it really wouldn't surprise me if their position was "Ele is fine, the community just hasn't realised it yet".
    im sitting at the 95th percentile in most fights and im doing equal dps do people with lower gear level than me and doing worse for their class, im doing fine at 273.430 ursoc but my guilds warlocks and even dks are doing over 300k, im just here hoping its a stat thing and we will be fine when we hit certain bumps...

Deleted
    When you say something like this:

It's very easy to believe the game is perfectly balanced and the divergence is caused by more skilled players playing the stronger specs. Considering they'd justify performance chasms like this and how they continue their PR offensive on simcraft it really wouldn't surprise me if their position was "Ele is fine, the community just hasn't realised it yet".
    I actually think that in twitch Q&A that was said.. "ele is good in mythic+ so it's fine.. " ffs...

Deleted
    The only thing that pissed me off was how they tried to justify the low Frost Mage parses by the power shift argument. Elemental is parsing at the same levels as Frost, yet at a way higher volume since Elemental Shamans haven't massively jumped to Enhancement like Frost Mages did to Fire.

They've got to acknowledge that Elemental is broken right now. It needs a very simple buff to bring it to the middle of the pack, which is a fine place to be. I always compare us to Balance Druids in position, where we are usually in line with them, it's absolutely not the case now.

I'm playing Resto/Enhancement this expansion and loving it, but I'd much rather go Elemental. It's simply the best spec in the game and has been for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepuli View Post
    I actually think that in twitch Q&A that was said.. "ele is good in mythic+ so it's fine.. " ffs...
    Well that's certainly news for the community, since I get declined all the time for playing Elemental over Enhance at 868 ilevel. It usually goes something like this:

"Enhance??????"

"No."

"Your application have been declined".

While I think Elemental is pretty good for at least half of the M+ dungeons, at least in higher tier ones due to the knockdown of Earthquake, there is something to be said about the public perception if this spec. It's already severely damaged to the point where people are reluctant to bring them to any group activity. We're the laughing stock of this game, and walking punching bags in PvP and yet all we get is a mechanical improvement to SK, and removing "totem" from Earthquake which shouldn't even have existed in the first place.

lmao why are you guys so surprised, glad i swapped

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing i dont understand is this specially when it comes to 'hybrid' classes is the following: They Say that they dont want to mess up the Fire mages by buffing Frost sure makes sense since you know it doesnt really matter they are both ranged specs in the same class.

Now the same cannot be said for Shamans and Druids who have a melee spec, Ranged spec and Healing spec. (Didnt count a tanking spec since shamans cant tank) Shamans and Druids for all intents and purposes are seperate classes within there classes this includes playstyle and how to do your job specially with the DPS specs. I like Ranged i have always liked ranged hence why i chose Ele waaaaaay back in BC after the Vanilla god aweful melee healer thing i was.
    I have invested just as much time as other players have in the class/spec/main. I do not see because blizz has buffed 1 spec within a class that i HAVE to switch to Melee to continue having my shaman who i have honestly 'fallen in love with' over the years as my main.

The Hybrid Classes should get balancing changes as a priority over the pures just because of there multiple ways of playing a dps for example. (Resto is quite good atm so i am not complaining about it per say). Druids and Shamans should have an ever higher priority within said hybrids because of the Ranged/Melee issue that the other do not have.

This is something that blizzard refuses to see what is urking alot of people when it comes to so called 'Balancing' patches. We have so few numbers because for all intents and purposes they are forcing people away from the specs that need the help the most by lack of doing anything to fix them. it is just sad that after such a long time as a Ele player i will have to DON my doomhammer and join the fray with world of Meleecraft. Pitty i love this spec it has always been 'my spec' to my guild but it has come to a point where i cannot hold them back with an under preforming spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't stand up to scrutiny on blizzard's side and they seem to be going through a lot of mental gymnastics to justify why there is now a DPS hierarchy instead of spec balance. The reason appears to come down to the reality that for every Ele Shaman in an heroic raid there are 5 Fire Mages, their priority is to keep the masses happy and feeling powerful at the expense of the rest.
    It was ultimately my mistake to not play a Mage or Hunter this expansion, as it is every expansion. Hopefully I'll have finally learned my lesson next time.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't stand up to scrutiny on blizzard's side and they seem to be going through a lot of mental gymnastics to justify why there is now a DPS hierarchy instead of spec balance. The reason appears to come down to the reality that for every Ele Shaman in an heroic raid there are 5 Fire Mages, their priority is to keep the masses happy and feeling powerful at the expense of the rest.
    It was ultimately my mistake to not play a Mage or Hunter this expansion, as it is every expansion. Hopefully I'll have finally learned my lesson next time.
    TBH i took my mage in PVP gear during WOD to a raid one evening since it was an ALT run and i didnt want to carry with my main (Ele shaman) only to realize that my PVP geared arcane mage can out DPS, BURST and out Sustain my main with about 40 items lvl's lower. i was shocked and a tad pissed off tbh. That when i realized that the Ele spec is so undertuned it is a joke or that mages where overtuned, this was right in the beginning of WOD.
    Only to once again to watch as my dps just hit a plateau and then stop when my mages damage just kept going up and up and up. (Yes i pvp as arcane i know i am insane:P) then when the band aid fixes where like 2 percent overall increases and the spec still felt gimped i was like enough, i stopped raiding for about 3 months on my shaman and switched to my PVP geared mage and got gear for him. It was boring and didnt have the feel as my Shaman had for me. I have tried to stick to the class and spec that i love but Blizz is making it increasingly difficult.

I DO NOT want to be a mage for another ass end of an expansion i want to PLAY MY MAIN!

Deleted
    I dont think I can agree with this comment any more than I can! As fun as ele is, but when your told to bench cause you cant push the numbers, its not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepuli View Post

Thats not what they said. Ion said Ele was good in Mythic + (which is true), but he didn't say anything as to how it performs in progression raiding.

They seem to be aware of our issues, I would expect there to be some tuning in 7.1. No numbers changes have been made other than overpowered specs getting nerfed.

This really is getting depressing. Both in WoD and now in Legion despite tons of feedback in the Beta we were severely weak when each expansion launched.

Now with thousands of parses we are clearly under-performing on live and getting no significant changes. But it's ok because in 5 mans we do decent damage ???

Just frustrating when I parse in the 90th percentile and get beaten by other classes in DPS who are only in the 60 or 70th for their class/spec.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    This really is getting depressing. Both in WoD and now in Legion despite tons of feedback in the Beta we were severely weak when each expansion launched.

Now with thousands of parses we are clearly under-performing on live and getting no significant changes. But it's ok because in 5 mans we do decent damage ???

Just frustrating when I parse in the 90th percentile and get beaten by other classes in DPS who are only in the 60 or 70th for their class/spec.
    Idk if ele is still doing "OK" in 5m dungeon (I won't count random dungeon finder). Everytime I run with my guildies in myth+, I always end up on the 3rd (which is bottom as dps). And by bottom, I mean it also on big gap of dps number. Can never beat Fire mages and Enh shamans, with our gear ilvl on par. Eventho the enh shaman dying a lot. Sure, I can do spike damage on the big number adds pull when Static Overload proc on my SK. Meanwhile, fire mage can easily cast Living Bomb for gazillions damage without having to wait for such proc. And on ST, my so-called-great burst is easily beaten by those two. Our base damage are awfully low atm. Wonder if it would be scaled better with better gear.

Why don't they make crit bonus damage on LvB as baseline? Do they actually know that our sustain damage is horrible? Not even our burst that matter anymore with other classes keep getting better scale with gear.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-10-17 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Idk if ele is still doing "OK" in 5m dungeon (I won't count random dungeon finder). Everytime I run with my guildies in myth+, I always end up on the 3rd (which is bottom as dps). And by bottom, I mean it also on big gap of dps number. Can never beat Fire mages and Enh shamans, with our gear ilvl on par. Eventho the enh shaman dying a lot. Sure, I can do spike damage on the big number adds pull when Static Overload proc on my SK. Meanwhile, fire mage can easily cast Living Bomb for gazillions damage without having to wait for such proc. And on ST, my so-called-great burst is easily beaten by those two. Our base damage are awfully low atm. Wonder if it would be scaled better with better gear.

Why don't they make crit bonus damage on LvB as baseline? Do they actually know that our sustain damage is horrible? Not even our burst that matter anymore with other classes keep getting better scale with gear.
    According to logs Elemental is a middle of the pack spec in M+, which in itself isn't such a bad thing. It's just that the disparity between top and bottom is fucking massive, so everyone just looks to stack all the overpowered M+ DPS specs, while the rest are left for dead. Being middle of the pack doesn't matter much if the top dogs do 30 % more damage than you still.

In raids it's even worse, in Heroic raiding we're a bottom tier spec, while in Mythic we're absolutely rock bottom, which is arguably the only place numerical performance matters as far as raiding is concerned. We're so far away from "bring the player, not the spec" it's not even funny, and it's honestly insulting to be at the bottom of the totem pole once again while being largely ignored by the developers. With how alt unfriendly Legion is turning out to be, I don't even consider re-rolling a plausible option to this situation. If there is no meaningful improvements coming to us in 7.1, I will strongly consider just stop playing all together. It's just not fun playing a trash tier spec when my main motivation in the game is to always improve my own performance, yet still get outdps'd at 99th percentile by some dead on average Mage.

Shame on me for not learning my lesson already, I guess.

Deleted
    I feel that the Elemental specc is undertuned, of course, but its actually quite decent when coming up to higher gear levels. Currently my main Elemental shaman is 868 and doing 600k+ dps in beginning of the fight, and then a steady 280-320k dps during the fight until cooldowns come off again. Tbh, when doing mythic Elerethe im usually on 1-3 top spots, but that cause our chain lightning is so damn powerful with SK on spider adds. Usually pulling off 500-700k just on adds. But to the problem, we got major problems sustaining a steady and high dps like fire mages/arms warrior. I usually rank in bracket 85-95% and I´ve seen my guild mages performing not as good as me, still they are doing 100k dps more, EASILY.

I want them too make our spells stronger, atleast lava burst, it should be as strong as fury warriors Raging Blow imo. We shine on aoe fight where the mobs are stacked and we get insane proccs of elemental overload on chain lightning. Make LB stronger or atleast make it available while moving and also it would be nice to gain maelstrom much faster so we can use Earth Shock more often. I do love elemental shaman, but they need to fix it ASAP!

In mythic dungeons, I'm topping op the charts on boss fights,

Raid encounters, I'm struggling to keep up with the top 3 (2 warriors, 1 Mage, all three in atleast one legendary) I'm usually 30k or so behind them. I'm sitting on 847, there are people who are higher ilvl doing less than me though, sometimes dramatically less. I do around 250k on shorter fights, 200 sustained

For where we are progress wise (as in my guild) I'd say my ele shammy is in a decent place, so if we do get a buff, I can't wait for the damage increase

Deleted
    bro ion said you already got chain lightning and earthquake, so just stick to scrubshit myth+2 chest runs or something.

Eventually you'll hit ilvl 890 with 2 good legendaries and be able to do the appropriate amount of dps for mythic ursoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    In mythic dungeons, I'm topping op the charts on boss fights,

Raid encounters, I'm struggling to keep up with the top 3 (2 warriors, 1 Mage, all three in atleast one legendary) I'm usually 30k or so behind them. I'm sitting on 847, there are people who are higher ilvl doing less than me though, sometimes dramatically less. I do around 250k on shorter fights, 200 sustained

For where we are progress wise (as in my guild) I'd say my ele shammy is in a decent place, so if we do get a buff, I can't wait for the damage increase
    That sounds about accurate numbers in your gear but it only shows your team mates are horrid. Remember, personal experience is not conclusive.