Deleted

Enhance rotation with legendary eye of abyss

Hi im a 856 enhance shaman new player, just rerolled from arms warrior cause it seemed boring to me. I'd like to ask how do you guys do the rotation, got the bis legendary eye of abyss and im sitting in 250-290 k dps in nythendra, for some reason in some tries i got 300k dps and others 240, i think im doing something wrong. I was prioritizing this:
    -Boulderfist
    -Frostbite
    -Flametonge
    -Crash lightnings
    -Stormstrikes
    -Lavalash
    I was doind this as long as i could got the 6%dmg increase for legendary.
    I checked icy.veins and i changed to:
    -Boulderfist
    -frostbite
    -Stormstrike
    -Crash lightning
    -Flametonge
    -Lava lash
    I dont know wich rotatiion gives me more dps, how do you guys are doing ur rotation?

Talking about mythic+ dont you get overpassed buy other class in 3+ target pulls, do you change the rotation?

I usually look the forum but it's the first time i post, sry about my english and thank you!

Here's my armory if anyone wants to see it; ( i cant post the link yet so heres my name character) Guznamy-Uldum
    Last edited by mmoc68d5b6f43f; 2016-10-21 at 09:11 AM.

should be going boulderfist instead of rockbiter and the rotation to my understanding shouldnt be changing at all to my understanding

Deleted
    Missplayed traducting to english i use boulderfist of course( corrected)

Deleted
    Do you use Hailstorm talent mate?
    It is big difference in DPS.

Rotation:

Maintain the Boulderfist and Landslide buffs.
    Maintain the Hailstorm buff (if talented) with Frostbrand.
    Cast Stormstrike whenever available (be alert for Stormbringer procs!).
    Cast Boulderfist if less than 130 Maelstrom and have 2 charges of Boulderfist.
    Maintain the Flametongue buff.
    Cast Crash Lightning when available if you are talented into Crashing Storm.
    Cast Lava Lash when you have more than 110 Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Boulderfist to generate Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Flametongue.
    Cast Lightning Bolt if you are not in melee range (or go ghost form to generate maelstorm via weapon trait).

Summon your Feral Spirit if they are available.
    Activate Doom Winds whenever available (and you can stay on melee and dps for at least 6 seconds).

Deleted
    Thanks for the answer yes i got the talent,
    i see ur priority and dont know if flametongue first is better than crash lightning, atm craslightning procs stormstrike so should be our preference?

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't want to not have your buffs up preferably. The boulder first and weapon enhancements are just too strong to pass up.

Deleted
    Well during fight, due to pandemic mechanic, you can refresh duration of your flametongue if it has 4.8 seconds or less remaining and hailstorm <4.5 seconds.
    This is your window when to refresh, flametongue also when you are not in melee range but you are within (i think it is 8 or 10 yards).

However, I sometimes let flametongue drop if I am that lucky with SS procs and that 4,8 sec window just isnt enough
    But usually it is, aim for early refresh within that 4,8 sec.

Still keeping boulderfist and hailstorm buffs all the time (only exception for hailstorm is if target will die or disapear within few seconds like elerethe renferal boss).

If you ask for opener, well I can tell you mine however, someone might have different one.
    Spirit Walk, Prepot, Boulderfist while running in, wolves, CL (for alpha wolf, SB proc and SS buff, and dot), hailstorm, flametongue, doomwinds, SS.

Crash lightning AFTER stormstrike.
    Why?
    Because it has a chance to proc stormbringer.
    No it doesn't you think.
    Yes it does.
    But crash lightning increases the damage of your stormstrike.
    Yes, but for the opener that's not a big deal compared to kick starting stormbringer and the buff will carry over to your next stormstrike anyway so it's kinda safe to hold off on crash lightning until after you stormstrike in the opener.

You're welcome for saving the thread 3 - 4 posts. We've been through this. A fucking LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Why?
    No it doesn't you think.
    Yes it does.
    Yes, but for the opener that's not a big deal compared to kick starting stormbringer and the buff will carry over to your next stormstrike anyway so it's kinda safe to hold off on crash lightning until after you stormstrike in the opener.

You're welcome for saving the thread 3 - 4 posts. We've been through this. A fucking LOT.
    Well you want to crash lightning right after wolves in the opener anyway. And yes it can proc stormbringer.

IMO:
    Rotation plays heavily into talents AND artifact path and stats.
    Making some generalized assumptions:
    Artifact path is askmrrobot or icyveins similar.
    65% of mastery is Haste.
    Frostbrand over Ancestral
    Your "rotation" (a priority juggle is more accurate)
    Keep Frost Brand and Flametongue 100% uptime, using the pandemic strategy (4.8 Flame, 4.5 Frost)
    keep a Boulderfist up for the 8%, bank 1 charge, refresh on CD
    Stormstrike on CD
    Crash Lightning between 50-80 maelstrom or on CD with Wolfs or AOE 3+
    Lava at 90+ maelstrom
    Always strieve to have 30-50 maelstrom banked for procs on stromstrike.

The 65% haste and doomwinds and wolfs should provide all the maelstrom you need via windfury to maintain all buffs. occasionally a boulderfist needs to be popped to take advantage of a lucky proc chain.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...968369/latest/

Should be noted, I am specced in ancestral contrary to my advice. This is due to my shitty RNG and no legos and the 6 feather fan proc farming. this is going to change assuming I get a eye of twisting nether or any lego really.

I swear if I get a sephaf's secret 1st I'm going to cry.
    Last edited by Loxslykaboom; 2016-10-21 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    Why?
    No it doesn't you think.
    Yes it does.

God how I like these arogant kids.
    Well do you know the difference between rotation and opener?
    From your previous posts I already know that you like to comment stuff before reading them first.
    Now take your time and read my first post about rotation. Where do you see CL and where do you see SS. There you go buddy, did it hurt?
    Oh noes, CL now procs stormbringer, what a shocker (wait, I mentioned that also in my second post, reading is hard).
    If you are pointing on opener, you can do that without being an ass, and ask like normal person Why do I have it like that, or offer better order.

If you use it like that, you will have benefits i mentioned and you will have it available again after doomwinds and SS.
    Pls read twice before you post mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonagetieler View Post
    Well you want to crash lightning right after wolves in the opener anyway. And yes it can proc stormbringer.
    Everyone has different openers currently. Also, gear and procs heavily influence that too imo. If I have a chrono shard proc together with Doom Winds active, I'm just spamming SS and really dont use Crash Lightning during that time besides refreshing buffs.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxslykaboom View Post
    IMO:
    Rotation plays heavily into talents AND artifact path and stats.
    Making some generalized assumptions:
    Artifact path is askmrrobot or icyveins similar.
    65% of mastery is Haste.
    Frostbrand over Ancestral
    Your "rotation" (a priority juggle is more accurate)
    Keep Frost Brand and Flametongue 100% uptime, using the pandemic strategy (4.8 Flame, 4.5 Frost)
    keep a Boulderfist up for the 8%, bank 1 charge, refresh on CD
    Stormstrike on CD
    Crash Lightning between 50-80 maelstrom or on CD with Wolfs or AOE 3+
    Lava at 90+ maelstrom
    Always strieve to have 30-50 maelstrom banked for procs on stromstrike.

The 65% haste and doomwinds and wolfs should provide all the maelstrom you need via windfury to maintain all buffs. occasionally a boulderfist needs to be popped to take advantage of a lucky proc chain.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...968369/latest/

Should be noted, I am specced in ancestral contrary to my advice. This is due to my shitty RNG and no legos and the 6 feather fan proc farming. this is going to change assuming I get a eye of twisting nether or any lego really.

I swear if I get a sephaf's secret 1st I'm going to cry.
    Hey there, mastery:haste ratio is now long gone. Its all mastery right now. Haste is close second though.
    Check Werdups wowhead guide, or shaman stuff on discord to have more accurate info.
    And do it for your self, try dps for a while with ancestral on a dummy, then switch to hailstorm.
    You will see how big diference that is. No legendary needed for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Everyone has different openers currently. Also, gear and procs heavily influence that too imo. If I have a chrono shard proc together with Doom Winds active, I'm just spamming SS and really dont use Crash Lightning during that time besides refreshing buffs.
    Yeah, but thats true regardless what trinket you have. SS is still above CL.
    In opener I stated, its after wolves to activate alpha wolf, proc initial stormbringer, and once you pop DW and start spamming SS, CL will be ready again so you can use it to get another stormbringer, not use it instead of SS in regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    God how I like these arogant kids.
    Well do you know the difference between rotation and opener?
    From your previous posts I already know that you like to comment stuff before reading them first.
    Now take your time and read my first post about rotation. Where do you see CL and where do you see SS. There you go buddy, did it hurt?
    Oh noes, CL now procs stormbringer, what a shocker (wait, I mentioned that also in my second post, reading is hard).
    If you are pointing on opener, you can do that without being an ass, and ask like normal person Why do I have it like that, or offer better order.

If you use it like that, you will have benefits i mentioned and you will have it available again after doomwinds and SS.
    Pls read twice before you post mate.
    I wasn't even talking to you so why you're talking to me? I do not know but um sure. Seems like you have a lot of pent up tension there. Are you Guramy? Cuz I coulda swore that's the person who has their rotation with CL right before their SS.

Yeah, but thats true regardless what trinket you have. SS is still above CL.
    In opener I stated, its after wolves to activate alpha wolf, proc initial stormbringer, and once you pop DW and start spamming SS, CL will be ready again so you can use it to get another stormbringer, not use it instead of SS in regular rotation.
    What...
    That doesn't even really make sense or I'm just not understanding it correctly.
    Alpha Wolves, while working on singletarget, are NEVER higher in a priority as Stormstriking away. The same goes for CL. CL is, besides LL, PRETTY LOW on our list. You'd never waste your maelstrom for a whooping 6% damage increase if you can JUST Stormstrike. Its just not worth it. Its good as a filler spell to not overcap MP and when you really dont have stormstrikes to dump, but other than that its never worth prioritizing wolves extra damage (or a 6% SS increase in that case) above a stormstrike at all.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    I wasn't even talking to you so why you're talking to me?
    Your post is right after mine, but if you are refering to some previous post, using quote might help.
    Still no excuse to write like an ass:
    Why?
    No it doesn't you think.
    Yes it does.

Seems like you have a lot of pent up tension there. Are you Guramy? Cuz I coulda swore that's the person who has their rotation with CL right before their SS.
    It irritates me when someone asks for help or trying to help and gets your attitude.
    Just dont post next time if there is nothing helpful you can share.
    Ano nope, Im not that guy, and I really mean what I said about your issues with reading.
    Where did I say its better to use CL right before SS?

This is the rotation I posted:
    Rotation:

Maintain the Boulderfist and Landslide buffs.
    Maintain the Hailstorm buff (if talented) with Frostbrand.
    Cast Stormstrike whenever available (be alert for Stormbringer procs!).
    Cast Boulderfist if less than 130 Maelstrom and have 2 charges of Boulderfist.
    Maintain the Flametongue buff.
    Cast Crash Lightning when available if you are talented into Crashing Storm.
    Cast Lava Lash when you have more than 110 Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Boulderfist to generate Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Flametongue.
    Cast Lightning Bolt if you are not in melee range (or go ghost form to generate maelstorm via weapon trait).

Summon your Feral Spirit if they are available.
    Activate Doom Winds whenever available (and you can stay on melee and dps for at least 6 seconds).
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    What...
    That doesn't even really make sense or I'm just not understanding it correctly.
    Alpha Wolves, while working on singletarget, are NEVER higher in a priority as Stormstriking away. The same goes for CL. CL is, besides LL, PRETTY LOW on our list. You'd never waste your maelstrom for a whooping 6% damage increase if you can JUST Stormstrike. Its just not worth it. Its good as a filler spell to not overcap MP and when you really dont have stormstrikes to dump, but other than that its never worth prioritizing wolves extra damage (or a 6% SS increase in that case) above a stormstrike at all.
    Yes that is correct, it is not higher in priority (check rotation above), only exception there (for me at least, but I saw some of the best shamans using this as well) is in opener:

Spirit Walk, Prepot, Boulderfist while running in, wolves, CL (for alpha wolf, SB proc and SS buff, and dot), hailstorm, flametongue, doomwinds, SS.

Spirit walk - so you run faster while running to boss.
    Pre-pot - so you can use 1 again later in the fight, obviously.
    Boulderfist - so we have our best buff active, and to start attack, and it is rage attack while we still run to melee range.
    Wolves - they will attack immediately cause you already hit the boss, if you use them pre-pull they will just hang with you until you start attacking.
    CL - yes, in rotation later it is below SS in priority.
    But if you use it here in opener you will get (alpha wolf buff, SS buff, dot dmg if boss dont move, but most important is the chance to get SB proc, which you can use on SS once Doom Winds are up to proc more SB etc., AND if you use it there, CL will be available during DW again, in case you will spend all SB/SS and therefore you can use CL to get a SB proc).
    This is for maximizing burst during DW, by having maximum amount of SB / SS.

After CL, goes hailstorm and flametongue - always use DW, when you dont have to refresh that buffs during DW window.
    Doomwinds
    Now spend all your SB/SS procs, you will have many of them, if not use CL (it is available again cause you used it early on).
    Follow regular rotation (CL goes after SS again).

If you have better idea for openers/rotation, please do comment, but please dont put your words in my mouth.
    Are you Guramy? Cuz I coulda swore that's the person who has their rotation with CL right before their SS.

You talk to people a lot who are talking to other people.

And you're calling me the crazy person?