Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haworth Improv H.E.

I bought this chair back around 2001-2002. I've replaced the flipper arms a couple of times but otherwise this chair is still in fantastic shape. The "cushioning" on the seat and back are still very comfortable. The myriad adjustments are great!

It's a pricey item but, I've never regretted getting one. I can not recommend this chair highly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc9a9524d7ad View Post
    Hi, guys! For the past 2 weeks, my back has gotten really sore and it hurts a lot, and I am pretty certain it is because of my awful chair that I've been gaming endlessly on. I am about to buy a new gaming chair and I am currently using this Best Gaming Chair Buying Guide to decide which chair I should buy. The guide is helpful but it doesn't provide any customer experiences, on the other hand the article doesn't contain any affiliate links, meaning pure information.

Which chair do you guys recommend I should get? Most preferably from the guide, since it helps me navigate. Also which chair do you guys currently use for gaming?
    Everything with "Gaming" in it is a meme, just buy a good regular office chair, they are made for long sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Ikea Marcus. Using it for 10years. Not one complaint... I am 2m tall, always had problems with my back. But on this char I never had any problems.
    Head rest on the first models was not very durable, but everything else is great.
    I currently use the Markus as well. At its price point (well below "good office chair" or even "overpriced GAMER chair") it's very hard to find better unless you're shopping an office clear out. Certainly nothing else that is " new" at the same range.

But if you've got the budget... Get a good office chair, not a " gaming" chair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Haworth Improv H.E.

I bought this chair back around 2001-2002. I've replaced the flipper arms a couple of times but otherwise this chair is still in fantastic shape. The "cushioning" on the seat and back are still very comfortable. The myriad adjustments are great!

It's a pricey item but, I've never regretted getting one. I can not recommend this chair highly enough.
    I personally need a taller back, but otherwise that looks pretty sweet

10+ Year Old Account

Seems like a good watch for this thread.

You play your game on a fast gaming computer, on a gaming monitor, using your gaming keyboard and gaming mouse on a gaming mouse pad while wearing gaming headsets… don’t stop there- for those marathon gaming sessions, you want to be definitely sitting on a gaming chair.
    I will be passing on a Respawn chair. The biggest thing for me is that it's one of the few decent gaming chairs that come with a built-in leg rest but if I'm going to be dropping the money on it I'd rather it be more long-lasting. I think I've decided on the Secret Labs Titan series in their softweave fabric but I will always wish it had a good leg rest.

Quote Originally Posted by dost7189 View Post
    You play your game on a fast gaming computer, on a gaming monitor, using your gaming keyboard and gaming mouse on a gaming mouse pad while wearing gaming headsets… don’t stop there- for those marathon gaming sessions, you want to be definitely sitting on a gaming chair.
    I will be passing on a Respawn chair. The biggest thing for me is that it's one of the few decent gaming chairs that come with a built-in leg rest but if I'm going to be dropping the money on it I'd rather it be more long-lasting. I think I've decided on the Secret Labs Titan series in their softweave fabric but I will always wish it had a good leg rest.
    Why stop there? You need some gaming clothes, gaming arm sleve, gaming glasses, gaming wall paint, gaming carpet, gaming lamps, and don't forget the most important part.. gaming underwear.

Theres a line with gaming gear for me. My chair is on the practical side of things instead of the gaming side of things. Once you realize that even that titan is just another junk $50 office depot chair wrapped up to look like a racing car seat, the choice becomes easier on where to draw the line.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Here is the advice from someone that bought computer chairs (PC GAMING chairs) and the last one I forked nearly 1000 euros to get a leather one.

Do not buy ANY pc gaming chair. none. They are all from the same factories with branding slapped on. They are not for long sitting sessions regardless of how much you fork and they cost a fraction of what they are sold for.

1. Find a showroom close to you that sells OFFICE chairs or better SECOND HAND office chairs.
    2. Take the time and GO IN PERSON and test the chairs.

You will thank me and your back will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I currently use the Markus as well. At its price point (well below "good office chair" or even "overpriced GAMER chair") it's very hard to find better unless you're shopping an office clear out. Certainly nothing else that is " new" at the same range.

But if you've got the budget... Get a good office chair, not a " gaming" chair.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally need a taller back, but otherwise that looks pretty sweet
    In a nutshell, I think this chair is fantastically comfortable and a great value but if you don't like a firm, minimalistic chair, or you need adjustable features to make the chair comfortable for you, these will be deal-breakers.

I've had this chair for a couple of months now. I sit on it for hours doing work or gaming on the computer, and it feels just as good as the first day I bought it.