Deleted

I feel like my DPS should be better, please help me.

As the title really. I open with around 500k in combustion but I feel like i fall off -really- hard.

Gear: wowprogress.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/Zapzapbetch

Logs from most recent ToV run: warcraftlogs.com/reports/MWVqGYpLDjF38Qn1/#type=damage-done&boss=-2

I know my trinkets are pretty bad, but aside from that I just need some tips to stop my dps falling like a stone outside of combustion. Also I know I'm not using pots of deadly grace, which I should be, but my guild gave me like 200 pots of prolonged power and I'm super poor so I'm using them for now.

Any help would be super appreciated, thanks

Your weapon just got 20 lvl, your trinkets are for aoe, even with your leg head you shouldnt use dragonbreath in your singeltarget rotation and especially dont use it in your opener.
    Fire Blast used in a 5 min fight 35 times is way to low and Phoenixs Flames just 9 times.

Level your weapon faster you need the second golden trait.

Pls write down how you play the opener and your rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Your weapon just got 20 lvl, your trinkets are for aoe, even with your leg head you shouldnt use dragonbreath in your singeltarget rotation and especially dont use it in your opener.
    Fire Blast used in a 5 min fight 35 times is way to low and Phoenixs Flames just 9 times.

Why shouldnt he use DB in his rotation? Squeez in a extra DB at the end of RoP (critting for 700k), With BL/Berzerk in the opener atleast, use DB when you dont get insta pyros FB/DB in same GCD. There is many uses for the legendary head in the ST rotation

Deleted
    Just going from these logs anyways, you seem to have issues aligning your combustion with RoP, at least on the second use of your Combustion, and with keeping enough PF charges for said Combustion.

Also you mainly want to refrain from using PF outside of RoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Atothee View Post
    Why shouldnt he use DB in his rotation? Squeez in a extra DB at the end of RoP (critting for 700k), With BL/Berzerk in the opener atleast, use DB when you dont get insta pyros FB/DB in same GCD. There is many uses for the legendary head in the ST rotation
    DB dont give heating up or increase the ignite dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post

My weapon's a little low because my mage was an alt that I switched to maining. As such the artifact knowledge is still pretty low (~7 I think) which certainly isn't helping. But I'm going as fast as I can.

My opener is Pre-Pot>RoP>Phoenix>(FB if the first pyro didn't crit)>Combustion>Pyro>FB>Pyro>FB>Pyro>Flame On>FB>Pyro>FB>Pyro>Phoenix>Pyro>Phoenix and by then combustion is normally up so I switch to casting Fireball then Pyro immediately as I stop casting.

As far as DB is concerned I try to use it outside of combustion/when I'm on RoP as it hits for about 700k, which is about 2x the damage of a pyro in one GCD, which seems pretty worth it even without the ignite damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxocracy View Post
    Just going from these logs anyways, you seem to have issues aligning your combustion with RoP, at least on the second use of your Combustion, and with keeping enough PF charges for said Combustion.

Also you mainly want to refrain from using PF outside of RoP.
    It was the first time I'd been through these fights so I kept putting RoP down then having to move and wasting it. Hopefully that should get better as I learn when I can stand still. But how should I be conserving fireblasts? Should I be wasting heating up procs to ensure I have 2 fireblasts ready for combustion? If so, around how long before combustion is back off cooldown should I stop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus666 View Post
    snip
    ST usage of DB with the diadem is a dps gain, so don't stop doing that.

Yes, you should conserve fire blasts. You want 2 charges when combusting and you do not want to delay using combustion because you're waiting for a charge to become available.

Your opener is slightly off, because you're using PF and FB outside of combustion.

Pre-pot -> cast FB -> RoP -> Combust -> PF -> (FBlast if FB didn't crit) -> burst.

Your gear looks pretty good, with exception of the unstable horrorslime. Replace that with the shock-baton or ideally, with the wriggling sinew. The plague hive is amazing and you should keep it.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-11-14 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    ST usage of DB with the diadem is a dps gain, so don't stop doing that.

Yes, you should conserve fire blasts. You want 2 charges when combusting and you do not want to delay using combustion because you're waiting for a charge to become available.

Your opener is slightly off, because you're using PF and FB outside of combustion.

Pre-pot -> cast FB -> RoP -> Combust -> PF -> (FBlast if FB didn't crit) -> burst.

Your gear looks pretty good, with exception of the unstable horrorslime. Replace that with the shock-baton or ideally, with the wriggling sinew. The plague hive is amazing and you should keep it.
    Why is it I should use fireball over pyro when pre-casting? Just to maximise the amount of time I'm using the pot?

When should I start conserving FBlast charges? When combustion has ~30 seconds left? 20? And does that mean I should just spam Fireballs and hope I get 2 crits in a row to open my second combustion with?

With regards to my rotation outside of combustion, I'm just spamming fireballs until I'm heating up, then casting another fireball, fireblasting mid-cast, then fireball>instant pyro into another fireball to repeat the process. Is there any steps I'm missing? Becase it's in this part that I feel my damage really drops off. How should I be using RoP when I don't have combustion? Just when it'll be safe to stand still for 10 seconds and I have >1 charge?

Also, how should I got about my rotation in m+ dungeons because I don't feel like I'm always doing enough damage for them either (I switch out to living bomb/meteor in my talents)

Thanks for all the help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus666 View Post
    Why is it I should use fireball over pyro when pre-casting? Just to maximise the amount of time I'm using the pot?

When should I start conserving FBlast charges? When combustion has ~30 seconds left? 20? And does that mean I should just spam Fireballs and hope I get 2 crits in a row to open my second combustion with?

With regards to my rotation outside of combustion, I'm just spamming fireballs until I'm heating up, then casting another fireball, fireblasting mid-cast, then fireball>instant pyro into another fireball to repeat the process. Is there any steps I'm missing? Becase it's in this part that I feel my damage really drops off. How should I be using RoP when I don't have combustion? Just when it'll be safe to stand still for 10 seconds and I have >1 charge?

Also, how should I got about my rotation in m+ dungeons because I don't feel like I'm always doing enough damage for them either (I switch out to living bomb/meteor in my talents)

Thanks for all the help
    Aye, to pre-cast with PB, you'd have to pop your pot with 5 seconds left on the pull timer, which is wasteful.

As for your second RoP, buffs gained at pull are still active, so cast it right after your first RoP expires. Further into the fight you can delay your second RoP to align better with Fblast and PF charges, thus creating a mini burst phase. That said, casting RoPs back-to-back is fine as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Aye, to pre-cast with PB, you'd have to pop your pot with 5 seconds left on the pull timer, which is wasteful.

As for your second RoP, buffs gained at pull are still active, so cast it right after your first RoP expires. Further into the fight you can delay your second RoP to align better with Fblast and PF charges, thus creating a mini burst phase. That said, casting RoPs back-to-back is fine as well.
    Alright thanks I'll try that next time. What about my 'normal' rotation does that seem ok? Any tips for aoe/m+?