Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Canada offers 4 US states opportunity to secede

California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada all voted overwhelmingly to elect Ms Clinton as president

The people in these states can now join up with their buddy Tennisace (on the forum MMO), and become part of a bigger Canada.

This is one of the ideas being put on Social Media. Which I honestly think is a bit silly.
    But then again, the left usually have silly ideas.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/on...8fc8b99850eeac

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7418341.html

Fuck no.

Replace "Cape Breton" with "Alberta".
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    Replace "Cape Breton" with "Alberta".
    Uhhh, no thanks? I don't want to live in America. Ever.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada all voted overwhelmingly to elect Ms Clinton as president

The people in these states can now join up with their buddy Tennisace (on the forum MMO), and become part of a bigger Canada.

This is one of the ideas being put on Social Media. Which I honestly think is a bit silly.

Is this The Onion?

Canada is no utopia but I'd totally move there. I grew up in Alaska, I can handle the weather. Not going to pay those real estate prices in Vancouver though, that is just crazy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Canada is no utopia but I'd totally move there. I grew up in Alaska, I can handle the weather. Not going to pay those real estate prices in Vancouver though, that is just crazy pants.
    Saskatchewan and Manitoba are pretty cheap, but then you have to live in Saskatchewan or Manitoba lol.

That picture is more than 4 states.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we need to take the other 3 to get California, it's probably worth it.

Deleted
    Yeah we're just gonna give up that land and gift it to our favorite puppet nation up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Uhhh, no thanks? I don't want to live in America. Ever.
    Uhhh, yes please.

A the very least it would be funny to see the resulting "shit hits the fan" moment for Ontario and Quebec when they are cut off from Alberta's Tax Revenues.
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    WA, OR, and CA maybe but the rest probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

A Canadian once offered me a blow job while we were both in Mexico.

I'm sure this is as relevant as "Canadians on social media" offering states a chance to secede.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Western New York is kind of Canada anyway.

I shit on this map. Minnesota has been blue since 1972. My god we were the only state to vote for Mondale. Top 10 in Fortune 500 companies. Very diverse economy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Saskatchewan and Manitoba are pretty cheap, but then you have to live in Saskatchewan or Manitoba lol.
    I would definitely be happy living farther north. I love Oregon's mild weather, but I miss Alaska's terrain. I *hated*Alaskan politics so I don't feel compelled to move back there, but I'd definitely be willing to live in northern BC or even further north.

I can actually see myself moving to Canada one day, but I'd maintain dual citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

How do you expect the US to survive it they lose all the west coast and the north east coast. Thats like what half their population, the us would collapse and become a 3rd world country, their federal expense are way too big for such a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I shit on this map. Minnesota has been blue since 1972. My god we were the only state to vote for Mondale. Top 10 in Fortune 500 companies. Very diverse economy.
    Minnesota also likes Hockey :E

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I would definitely be happy living farther north. I love Oregon's mild weather, but I miss Alaska's terrain. I *hated*Alaskan politics so I don't feel compelled to move back there, but I'd definitely be willing to live in northern BC or even further north.

I can actually see myself moving to Canada one day, but I'd maintain dual citizenship.
    House 2 doors down just went up for sale!

Deleted
    The people that talk about this things should be treated as traitors and get shot on spot, its time to hunt this "rebels" and to clean this mess , but you cant have good things with democracy , so mediocracy should survive for now , until a civil war or 3rd rich

Minnesota also likes Hockey :E
    Wow! My bad. While I hate hockey, it is true that hockey is the official sport of MN. They love that shit.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    Uhhh, yes please.

A the very least it would be funny to see the resulting "shit hits the fan" moment for Ontario and Quebec when they are cut off from Alberta's Tax Revenues.
    Yeah, about that...

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...ovt56c-eng.htm

Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...ovt56b-eng.htm

Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba

http://thoughtundermined.com/2012/07...s-by-province/

As you can see, Ontario doesn't receive a dime from Alberta. It doesn't need to; its revnues from taxes are almost triple what Alberta's are. The only thing Alberta really takes care of is itself; which is fine. If Canada didn't have Alberta (and I'm not advocating this), then the only thing the country would be losing is an embarrassing Province that thinks it's more important than it really is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    The people that talk about this things should be treated as traitors and get shot on spot, its time to hunt this "rebels" and to clean this mess , but you cant have good things with democracy , so mediocracy should survive for now , until a civil war or 3rd rich
    Yeah, how dare people express frustrations with their governments. They should just fall in line or die.

Spoken like a person who has never left their home town, let alone home country.