Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't panic, i'm still around reading all these Threads with amusement, thanks everyone for boosting this sub section to have more traffic than the rest combined.

Carry on, i'll just be like the CNN fact finder during the US Elections, any misinformation or over enthusiastic posting of wrong facts i'll jump in.

Sorry i can't be more "hands on", this is only a game for me and one of the many ways i spend my leisure time on, it's not a case of life or death, it's a game, meanwhile, back to boss hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Don't panic, i'm still around reading all these Threads with amusement, thanks everyone for boosting this sub section to have more traffic than the rest combined.

Carry on, i'll just be like the CNN fact finder during the US Elections, any misinformation or over enthusiastic posting of wrong facts i'll jump in.

Sorry i can't be more "hands on", this is only a game for me and one of the many ways i spend my leisure time on, it's not a case of life or death, it's a game, meanwhile, back to boss hunting.

Uhm you realise more traffic isn't necessarily good for the game yes? Especially since a lot of people are disdained with the expansion here. So much for the "I only post Rift news" yet you know you are trying to antagonise the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slipmat posts a picture of a 6 shards (servers) combined onto one via Trion's "load balancing" technology and thinks people will be impressed.

meanwhile, back on the forums, a sh*tstorm is brewing with much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Oh, Slipmat plays a mage, so his loot-table isn't still bugged.

I guess he can't post pix of the one dungeon either 'cause that's also still disabled - only one new dungeon available.

Only content available in RIFT currently after getting gear from two dungeons is re-skinned world bosses with - generally with easier mechanics than a random NPC mob in an action-based MMO - just with more HP.

Also, there can be times when bumping a thread is bad - when pretty much everything posted here is BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Slipmat posts a picture of a 6 shards (servers) combined onto one via Trion's "load balancing" technology and thinks people will be impressed.

meanwhile, back on the forums, a sh*tstorm is brewing with much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Oh, Slipmat plays a mage, so his loot-table isn't still bugged.

I guess he can't post pix of the one dungeon either 'cause that's also still disabled - only one new dungeon available.

Only content available in RIFT currently after getting gear from two dungeons is re-skinned world bosses with - generally with easier mechanics than a random NPC mob in an action-based MMO - just with more HP.
    I just find it amusing how he has even stated "I'm only here to post Rift news" yet blatantly antagonises the forum consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I just find it how he has even stated "I'm only here to post Rift news" yet blatantly antagonises the forum consistently.
    Don't fret it - every time he posts, more people see what an absolute disaster RIFT is in right now. He can't defend it, just attempt to be snarky and provoke people.

Sadly, there is no defending the state of the game right now.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-29 at 11:00 AM.

I thought that story was five times?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    More like Beetlejuice I guess.
    Honestly, it's been that long since I've watched either that there's a good chance I've gotten Beetlejuice and Candyman mixed up somewhere along the line. It could even be Bloody Mary you need to say three times while looking into the mirror.

And from what I can see looking at the damage meter in the screenshot, there are just 55 people there. Completing new open world content, less than 2 weeks after launch. That's significantly less than even I would have thought for 6 shards combined. And yes, it would be everyone who was online and wanted to do it across all 6 shards, that's pretty much always been the case, load balancing or not.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sad times indeed. I have quit Rift well over a year ago but still had some hopes that the new expansion will give me a reason to come back. It seems like this release is actually much worse than even my most pessimistic expectations. Oh well, time to finally uninstall Rift I guess - this was probably the best MMO (during Vanilla) I have ever played, and I've played quite a few.

For those looking for a new game - I know the Rift community is very anti-WOW, but for those that haven't yet, I really recommend trying Legion out - it's definitely one of their better expansions, probably the best since Wrath. There is a lot to do and a steady stream of future content incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    Sad times indeed. I have quit Rift well over a year ago but still had some hopes that the new expansion will give me a reason to come back. It seems like this release is actually much worse than even my most pessimistic expectations. Oh well, time to finally uninstall Rift I guess - this was probably the best MMO (during Vanilla) I have ever played, and I've played quite a few.

For those looking for a new game - I know the Rift community is very anti-WOW, but for those that haven't yet, I really recommend trying Legion out - it's definitely one of their better expansions, probably the best since Wrath. There is a lot to do and a steady stream of future content incoming.
    Dude the Rift community for the most part is a toxic mess where if you say anything remotely critical you get jumped on for it. Similar to Wildstar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    And from what I can see looking at the damage meter in the screenshot, there are just 55 people there.
    Probably 1/4 of them are people's pets :P

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, it's been that long since I've watched either that there's a good chance I've gotten Beetlejuice and Candyman mixed up somewhere along the line. It could even be Bloody Mary you need to say three times while looking into the mirror.

And from what I can see looking at the damage meter in the screenshot, there are just 55 people there. Completing new open world content, less than 2 weeks after launch. That's significantly less than even I would have thought for 6 shards combined. And yes, it would be everyone who was online and wanted to do it across all 6 shards, that's pretty much always been the case, load balancing or not.
    I find it amusing how he makes out that many people to be something spectacular. For 2 weeks in that's actually pretty bad if around 50-60 people are there.

Dude the Rift community for the most part is a toxic mess where if you say anything remotely critical you get jumped on for it. Similar to Wildstar.
    Wildstar really is nothing like that anymore. In fact, the community outside Wildbark is very critical of Carbine all the time.

The top thread on the forums is almost always criticism threads (same with reddit)

and in game on NA I usually start topic all the time in global trying to collect peoples issues of the game.

There are many.

Sense I have to say something on topic, Slipmat, that pic isnt that impressive, but I am happy you are having fun, just dont be a die hard fanboy all the time
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you'd care to explain this quote by you Wocky:

still a guild here on RIFT EU - waiting to see what game they all move to in 4 weeks or so.

They're a good bunch, so when the leave, I'm going to follow.

Not going to take long for them to leave.
    You'd be surprised how many ex Guildies of mine are now in raiding Guilds and i keep in touch with a lot of them, asked three different people in your Guild, also mentioned it in 70 chat to Meteorblade, nobody from your Guild is leaving Rift or moving to another game.

If you exaggerate your posts to make it sound like "guiz guiz Rift is dying, look, even my Guild is quitting", makes one wonder what else you exaggerate to try and get your agenda across.

7+ Year Old Account
    Al the blizzard , WoW complainers should read this as they constantly site Rift as being better than wow. personally having played both there is a reason im still in WoW after 12 years
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Maybe you'd care to explain this quote by you Wocky:

You'd be surprised how many ex Guildies of mine are now in raiding Guilds and i keep in touch with a lot of them, asked three different people in your Guild, also mentioned it in 70 chat to Meteorblade, nobody from your Guild is leaving Rift or moving to another game.

If you exaggerate your posts to make it sound like "guiz guiz Rift is dying, look, even my Guild is quitting", makes one wonder what else you exaggerate to try and get your agenda across.
    Same as you then right? Also read the entire text. He is still with them because they are a good group of friends and they are intending to move also just because 1 guy says they are not moving doesn't mean squat. If that group did not exist I imagine Wocky would not be playing Rift. All games have that. Hell I still have my small group of friends in old games like Everquest. I still have friends in Rift as well who I chat with but that list is growing thinner and thinner as they move to other games.

Also how do you know it's not a guild one of his alts are in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    Al the blizzard , WoW complainers should read this as they constantly site Rift as being better than wow. personally having played both there is a reason im still in WoW after 12 years
    Rift itself is not a bad game a lot of people here have said that. It's the design choices that have been made to the game over time that people are not happy with.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-29 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To clarify - the guild I am in are not leaving the game (the guild leader is quite hardcore). Neither the NA or the EU one.

I'm a casual in both. The guys are committed raiders. Hardcore players.

What I meant to convey is that I would be surprised to see if many RIFT players are not disappointed and looking at other games if Trion don't pull their weight and improve the game in a month or two and people start looking elsewhere.

They need to work their butts off to deliver in the next four weeks and impress.

There are so many people passionate about the game and Trion is letting them down, testing their loyalty. Plain and simple.

The whole B2P thing was anticipated to be a return to a more fair business model.

A company should be worried not when people complain, but when they just plain give up and stop.

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote that incorrectly and you used it out of context. I clarified in my last post.

Well done at doing what you do best. Provoking people.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-29 at 03:41 PM.

CNN fact finder
    More like Fox news
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I made an account just to comment on this.

CNN both funded Hillary's campaign and gave her debate questions beforehand (confirmed via wikileaks). You just implied that Trion is both paying you and telling you what to say.

And while I'm here, I'd just like to add a few things on to this conversation.

Trion Worlds banned me from developer chats via skype because I made a subreddit that they couldn't control. While I was in those chats, they barely got anything done and failed to push out a simple PvP update for several months because they "forgot" about it. There's more I could add, but I'd have to dedicate a good hour and go through my screenshots if I still have them.

Also, there was so much outright broken content on launch.

Broken Quests
    Broken Zone Events
    Broken VOs
    Broken Dungeons
    >Lengedariesamirite

And either outright missing or stuff that appears to have been a lie.

No Fortress Sieges
    Planar Assault Adventures (LOL)
    >Swiminginplat.nope

This expansion is an embarrassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for commenting McChaffee

People don't get it. Just had this discussion with someone on Teamspeak.
    They thought people are upset that you have to pay something for content.
    They think people are upset that the DLC is behind another paywall.

That's not the issue. Granted, going from F2P back to B2P is a huge betrayal and backtrack on their statement in 2013.

The problem is Trion have misrepresented their expansion (and I hesitate to call it that), their DLC

The game is simply not polished.

I refuse to play the game in it's current broken state. I log in and do 13 (I think) crafting dailies and log off.

Firstly, I'm a cleric and their loot tables are apparently screwed right now.

Many, many other things are waiting to be fixed.

One of the dungeons is disabled - one of the new ones - of TWO in total. One "upscale" makes #3 - and that had respawn boss issues.
    The quest dailies are bugged. Various parts of the game are bugged. Abilities are bugged.

I sincerely don't know what the f--k people at 70 are logging on for right now - to farm planar fragments? To grind rep? To do dailies for plat.

Since when did a friggin' mmorpg become a chore?

I've played many, many mmorpgs on launch. This one is a joke - a bad one - and a complete rip-off

Many things advertised in the expansion are either not working or NOT EVEN IN THE GAME!

If people stick around for another month doing what's in the game right now, they seriously have low standards.

I don't settle for mediocrity and Rift currently isn't even that.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-29 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffee View Post
    I made an account just to comment on this.

CNN both funded Hillary's campaign and gave her debate questions beforehand (confirmed via wikileaks). You just implied that Trion is both paying you and telling you what to say.

And while I'm here, I'd just like to add a few things on to this conversation.

Trion Worlds banned me from developer chats via skype because I made a subreddit that they couldn't control. While I was in those chats, they barely got anything done and failed to push out a simple PvP update for several months because they "forgot" about it. There's more I could add, but I'd have to dedicate a good hour and go through my screenshots if I still have them.

Also, there was so much outright broken content on launch.

Broken Quests
    Broken Zone Events
    Broken VOs
    Broken Dungeons
    >Lengedariesamirite

And either outright missing or stuff that appears to have been a lie.

No Fortress Sieges
    Planar Assault Adventures (LOL)
    >Swiminginplat.nope

This expansion is an embarrassment.
    I hope you do. I'd genuinely enjoy flipping through them. PM me them personally as well please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McChaffee View Post
    You just implied that Trion is both paying you and telling you what to say
    This just gets better and better, show me please exactly where i implied Trion are paying me and telling me what to say, maybe stick to your reddit "forum", a fine, upstanding example of decent gamers who are passionate about games.