Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And make yourselves look like a bunch of spoilt brats ?
    Look at the latest blue post.

Or I suppose you don't want to do that, as every time blizzard does actually say something it completely kills the "we are being ignored" argument.
    And I expect people would complain if they got a 30 second answer telling them next to nothing.

Does this look like "nothing.
    So we should just STFU for the entire expansion? They know what to do, they just won't do it. They can't totally rework the class, but they can fairly easily make it OK.

For example, on Destro, nerf Wreak Havoc's damage to the Havoc target by some %, adjust Immolate, Chaos Bolt and Incinerate damage to compensate. Done right that improves our single target damage while not making cleave idiotically OP. Another issue is RNG shard gen and while, yes, T19.. a) we don't have that and won't for a while b) not everyone will raid to get 4pc T19, c) they shouldn't have to have a specific set bonus to make the class playable and d) what happens when T20 comes out?

The easy solution? Shards regen at a constant rate, 1 every X seconds. Conflag can generate one on demand.

Would we be perfect? No. But it would make the spec tolerable in performance terms. The alternative is to leave us like this until 8.0 and if they can't be bothered to fix the class after a year of alpha, beta and 1 full patch... why should I continue to pay them money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what people expect. They've been clear enough that 715 isn't enough time for them to fix issues raised. The class really needs pretty much expansion level changes in regards to things like Embers, Demonic Empowerment, and even Soul Effigy since realistically that needs 2 rows of talents looking at to fix properly (15 and 100); and the ramp up issues are even deeper set thanks to the Artifact.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we did get a 'we would rather you didn't use this spec' type answer, certainly in regards to Affliction. This is why much of the focus has been on Destruction as it seems to be the easiest to "fix".

Beyond that, it's a very general Q&A, expect more answers to questions about Illidan and Argus, than class design.
    So delay 7.1.5. They ignored feedback for the entire pre-release phase. At the LEAST commit to fixing this in 7.2. But "fuck you, we might fix this in 1.5 years" just makes me think... "OK, fuck you, I might be back then. Or not."

I can't help but think this is one of the biggest drawbacks of design by consensus - it takes forever to get consensus and since when was a committee the best way to do design?
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-12-03 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So delay 7.1.5.
    Warlocks are not the only thing in existence in WoW and they have to pull it out before the Ahn'qiraj event announced to take place at December 23rd.

You may not like changes, but I don't think delaying everything just over that is what should be done. You have the clear answer from Watcher, changes you want are not in scope of 7.1.5, unfortunate, but deal with it.

Hopefully there will be some tuning done with final PTR pass, but well if it won't happen and things will end up as dire as assumed here, they can always do another bump here and there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-12-03 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    They ignored feedback for the entire pre-release phase.
    You don't mean alpha / beta do you? Cause they responded and made changes to feedback more this xpac's alpha / beta than I think I've ever seen them make in the past.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You don't mean alpha / beta do you? Cause they responded and made changes to feedback more this xpac's alpha / beta than I think I've ever seen them make in the past.
    Thats 100% bullshit, MoP alpha/beta saw way more feedback being listened to. This time around they ignored clear issues all the time (destro mastery, soul effigy, demonic empowerment)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evatar View Post
    Thats 100% bullshit, MoP alpha/beta saw way more feedback being listened to. This time around they ignored clear issues all the time (destro mastery, soul effigy, demonic empowerment)
    No, what you say is a total bullshit. I was in Alpha and Beta and the amount of time they changed stuff after players told them they don't like it or it has issues is staggering. There are SOME things they did not change, but many they clearly did. Things like Reap Soul, Reverse Entropy or Lord of Flames (which is literally player made now, as players suggested tying it to Summon Infernal) and many others are changes after they got out feedback on closed forums.

The fact that you have some beef with them over 3 things, does not mean that they did not change a dozen other things you have no idea about during Alpha/Beta, so cut the crap.

This is getting closed, sorry. I understand that people are furious about the state of warlocks currently (speaking as someone who was planning to go back to Warlock this expansion but also wanted a raid spot) but that doesn't mean a call to arms is the right way to go about this.