Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

The Wrecking-Ball-Class for Casual PVP?

hey everbody,

i just wanted to ask you , what is the most wrecking-ball-class in your opinion for casual bg's, world pvp and rbg's ?
    it seems that dk's, rets and maybe boomies will faceroll every other class at the moment.

what do you guys think?

so far,

turtle_

Deleted
    I don't see how this top could go wrong...

Well rets and frost DKs seem strong in those scenarios, but only if they can get into the vicinity of the target.
    But on the other hand;
    They feel relatively useless in big zergfests like AV or IoC.

Deleted
    Playing a Ret myself, I was confused how easy it is do wreck your opponent and be at the top of damage meter in a battleground.

Definetly a lil bit facerolling

I'm having more fun on my prot pally in PvP than I have in previous expansions, and feeling more effective. But what do I know, I'm clueless in PvP.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

FDK. Terrible spec, but vs terrible players, it does great things. And is easy af to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    FDK. Terrible spec, but vs terrible players, it does great things. And is easy af to play.
    but Frost-DK's are one of the most used specs in rbg? why is it so bad in casual bg's?

Deleted
    Boomkins are not really facerolling, its rather that just like destro warlock or elemental shaman they can blow up other people very nastily if they stay behind enemy lines in turret mode. However I think that boomkin is still decent even when a melee is on him due to high armor, shapeshifting (bear form is really useful with guardian afinity), good mobility and a good amount of instant spells+instant procs. Elemental is actually decent also in 1vs1, you need to really use your shocks as much as possible and pick the root talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

Well rets and frost DKs seem strong in those scenarios, but only if they can get into the vicinity of the target.
    But on the other hand;

Sindragosa fury in AV is pretty strong. And deathgripping someone to have 20 allies jump on the poor enemy like a pack of wolves is pretty fun

Deleted
    Play frost mage, good defences with shields and block. Mobility atm is good with 2x blink and ice flows (until patch 7.1.5). Kiting with freezes and slows, good cc with sheep. The damage they do with shatter increase damage boost is insane and swapping target with glacials is killer. Only thing they lack is a knock back but that would be to good.

Still wanting to try arcane mage but really love frost mage to much to make the swap. Played frost mage as my first class 10 years ago and played it since end bc. Played resto druid on high end pve since then until start legion to play frost mage again as casual. I just love it to much, I don't even know why I played pve resto druid for so long.

Deleted
    yeah but i dont like being a caster.. the only one i tried was a dotlock back in vanilla and an elemental shaman in legion.. but meh... :/

1) Retr / Havoc / FDK / Arms (/w Healer)
    2) WW / Arms (/wo healer) / Feral / Enh / UDK
    3) Mage / Boomi
    4) Shadow / Warlock
    5) Ele (has the damage but becomes of 0 use with a melee on it)
    6) Huntard

On a completely different list of ONE: (list name is GODS):

Rogue

NOTICE: All the top builds are melee ...
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-12-08 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

But on the other hand;
    If you play a melee (especially a Horde one) and don't have IoC and AV blacklisted, then you're doing it wrong.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Ret, mage, bm or mm in my opinion as a ret main. In 7.1.5 dh are getting juicy PvP buffs I think they will be bad ass
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-12-08 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleslap View Post
    but Frost-DK's are one of the most used specs in rbg? why is it so bad in casual bg's?
    It's incredibly easy to shut down. FDK despite popular belief is not the best spec in pvp right now, it's simply the easiest for the pay off. I would pick ret over fdk if I hadn't mained UH DK since wrath beta.

If you're doing casual BGs, survival is probably one of the best specs if you're decent.

Agree with havoc. The spec dies against coordinated teams but in random bg's it destroys.... everyone. I usually find as havoc there's no point in me even going for objectives (despite loving to focus on them) as I'm better off wiping out the enemy team while the larger free portion of my team can go do objectives.

I'm not sure the dh buffs in 7.1.5 will really benefit this, but they are getting buffs more focused at organized pvp.

Ret is also solid, for similar reasons. You can wipe out groups of disorganized players at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    1) Retr / Havoc / FDK / Arms (/w Healer)
    2) WW / Arms (/wo healer) / Feral / Enh / UDK
    3) Mage / Boomi
    4) Shadow / Warlock
    5) Ele (has the damage but becomes of 0 use with a melee on it)
    6) Huntard

On a completely different list of ONE: (list name is GODS):

Rogue

NOTICE: All the top builds are melee ...
    BS i`m just fine with my MM Hunter in casual Random BGs, If something did not kill me in 3-5 seconds then he get in really bad situation especially if i`m lucky with marking procs(`m not using Sidewiders for PvP)
    Retry is my favorite melee for big BGs
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-12-09 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

1) WW / Retri / Boomi
    2) DH / FDK / Arms (/w Healer)/ Prot (/wo healer) /Enh / UDK / Feral
    3) Mage
    4) Shadow / Warlock / Ele (has the damage but becomes of 0 use with a melee on it all 3 specs)
    5) Huntard
    6) ???

On a completely different list of ONE: (list name is useless):

Rogue
    Corrected it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Ret, mage, bm or mm in my opinion as a ret main. In 7.1.5 dh are getting juicy PvP buffs I think they will be bad ass
    Which ones do you consider juicy pvp buffs on the DH in 7.1.5.? So far i hear only complaints of the DH com.

I consider to mount one in the near future, think pvp templates plays in their favor, making them more and more durable(squishy in beta) whenever more burst nerfs of other classes are rolling in - but the DH speed stays.

Only 2 specs is a bit lame, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    It's incredibly easy to shut down. FDK despite popular belief is not the best spec in pvp right now, it's simply the easiest for the pay off. I would pick ret over fdk if I hadn't mained UH DK since wrath beta.
    Just from a game design point of view, ignoring the current meta:

FDK were never meant as pvp spec, it was always a pve spec and stays as such.

Uh is the pvp spec, just made garbage right now.

currently there are too many pve specs along with their pve rotations dominating arenas, its terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleslap View Post
    Well thats easy to answer.

1. Massive bgs are not availible in rbgs(AV and IoC) so no 40vs40 games - in such scenarios range dds simply dominate the meta.

2. Rbgs have at all times at least 3 designated healers with them. In normal bgs, you might have only bots or leechers.

@Tyrannica
    Well new Pve talent tree is better for PvP than live also netherwalk is huge for dh survival, we get flat 10% dmg buff as well as 2 min meta CD or 8% mana and hp burn, both are huge. As well as mana break buff 20% base hp + additional hp up to 70% dep on mana missing. Our reign from above removes stuns which is nice for 1v1 or wpvp . Over all I think dh will be in tier 1 comp unless they get nerfed. Pve folk on ptr also post that st dmg is considerably higher than on live

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If you play a melee (especially a Horde one) and don't have IoC and AV blacklisted, then you're doing it wrong.
    Well... i'm alliance and i do blacklist AV

IoC seems ok, as long you don't run into russians, who tend to extend the games as much they can

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i'm alliance and i do blacklist AV

IoC seems ok, as long you don't run into russians, who tend to extend the games as much they can
    AV and IoC is much better for alliance since their win rate is like 90%.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama