The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yes it was explained but it wasn't well explained and we only know some of that based on some tidbits and reading some stuff ingame and the few dialogs between Lev and Abby. Look I get you like the story but please let us pretend that it is perfect masterpiece like the first game really.
    Well what do you think made it not explained well?

when they first meet they are called apostates and then When Abbie and lev are going to raid the Hospital the cultist react by calling lev lilly. Then when Abbie is talking with lev’s sister you get a full Explanation where it’s all layer out. Followed by finding lev after his mom attacked him. Excluding having a lev based flash back what more could have really been put in to address it?

And ya the games not a masterpiece I just don’t think this is one of the short falls as lev isn’t really a main character but still gets a ton of attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    keep your trash opinion to yourself , or call the typical thought police.

do whatever you want and i will do whatever i want.
    i didnt know we dont have the right to express a different opinion
    Your free to hold what ever opinion you want just like I’m free to point out that you don’t have a legitimate one and are just Holding onto the coat tails of the internet hate mob without any real understanding of what your angry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well what do you think made it not explained well?

when they first meet they are called apostates and then When Abbie and lev are going to raid the Hospital the cultist react by calling lev lilly. Then when Abbie is talking with lev’s sister you get a full Explanation where it’s all layer out. Followed by finding lev after his mom attacked him. Excluding having a lev based flash back what more could have really been put in to address it?

And ya the games not a masterpiece I just don’t think this is one of the short falls as lev isn’t really a main character but still gets a ton of attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Your free to hold what ever opinion you want just like I’m free to point out that you don’t have a legitimate one and are just Holding onto the coat tails of the internet hate mob without any real understanding of what your angry about.
    and i am free to counter it by saying your opinion is is legimate as everyone else's is . yours. calling everyone that doesnt like a game a hate mob , alt right or russian bot is as disingenuous as it can get.its pretty much the same kind of logic as with people that hated ghostbusters 2016. make a trash movie and call everyone that didnt like it all the ist words , hate mobs etc.

let me put it in simple words ,
    me i dont like fish
    you : why dont you like fish reeeee , you will like it right now or i will attack you non stop

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I've read in a while. He didn't like the game so fucking what? It really seems like you can't handle that other people might not like the games that you like. His opinion regarding the game is worth just as little as yours in the long run.

I don't like the game either. The story, which in my opinion is the main selling point if these types of games, is shit. Are you going to backtrack now and say "your opinion doesn't matter since you didn't explicity point out the exact point in the game that turned the story shit"?
    Not liking the story doesn’t make your opinion invalid but if you can’t even give an example of why it was butchered after saying that the only way you wouldn’t see why is turning a blind eye then that raises some questions of validity.

Soon the only real question I have for you is why do you think the story was shit.

- - - Updated - - -

and i am free to counter it by saying your opinion is is legimate as everyone else's is . yours. calling everyone that doesnt like a game a hate mob , alt right or russian bot is as disingenuous as it can get.its pretty much the same kind of logic as with people that hated ghostbusters 2016. make a trash movie and call everyone that didnt like it all the ist words , hate mobs etc.

let me put it in simple words ,
    me i dont like fish
    you : why dont you like fish reeeee , you will like it right now or i will attack you non stop
    No not every one who doesn’t like it is part of the hate mob just the people like your self who can’t even explain why it’s bad after saying the only way to miss the butchering is by turning a blind eye.

I’m all for valid criticism and discussion.

Not liking the story doesn’t make your opinion invalid but if you can’t even give an example of why it was butchered after saying that the only way you wouldn’t see why is turning a blind eye then that raises some questions of validity.

Soon the only real question I have for you is why do you think the story was shit.

- - - Updated - - -

No not every one who doesn’t like it is part of the hate mob just the people like your self who can’t even explain why it’s bad after saying the only way to miss the butchering is by turning a blind eye.

I’m all for valid criticism and discussion.
    the only hate mob here is actually you , not allowing anyone to express an opinion , lol
    what are you , the thought police? stop ridiculing yourself.
    let me repeat it for you : none has to explain shit to you. its a you thing not a we as you might think

7+ Year Old Account
    the only hate mob here is actually you , not allowing anyone to express an opinion , lol
    what are you , the thought police? stop ridiculing yourself.
    let me repeat it for you : none has to explain shit to you. its a you thing not a we as you might think
    You can express any option you want, thing is you haven’t. You just continuously deflect again and again first to atina then to ghost buster then to thought policing all instead of just giving any actual opinion would would have been much easier.

The question was simple and stated multiple times “what do you think of X“ instead of just saying what you think about X you start going off about E F and G which are all totally unrelated and then get upset when the reply is “none of that has to do with X.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-06-24 at 05:53 PM.

You can express any option you want, thing is you haven’t. You just continuously deflect again and again first to atina then to ghost buster then to thought policing all instead of just giving any actual opinion would would have been much easier.

The question was simple and stated multiple times “what do you think of X“ instead of just saying what you think about X you start going off about E F and G which are all totally unrelated and then get upset when the reply is “none of that has to do with X.
    coll story bro , i thought we get freedom but its not the case here

Extremely forgetable and unlikable characters. I littreally couldn't give a shit whenever someone died since they had almost no presence in the game that. Even the main characters forget about them as they're barely mentioned after their death (if they even are).
    Horrible pacing. It seems like ND wanted to buy some kind of backwards storytelling but just completely failed.
    The overal story is horribly clichéd with its kindergarden esque "revenge bad" theme.

The only good things about TLoU2 is the soundtrack, acting and overal visuals. The rest of the game was varying between bad and "fine".

7+ Year Old Account
    coll story bro , i thought we get freedom but its not the case here
    Case in point I suppose.

its kindergarden esque "revenge bad" theme.
    Problem seems to be your understanding then, because this ain't it chief. In fact the cliche you mention would of resulted in the ending people on your side claim they wanted. That is ironic as hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Extremely forgetable and unlikable characters. I littreally couldn't give a shit whenever someone died since they had almost no presence in the game that. Even the main characters forget about them as they're barely mentioned after their death (if they even are).
    Horrible pacing. It seems like ND wanted to buy some kind of backwards storytelling but just completely failed.
    The overal story is horribly clichéd with its kindergarden esque "revenge bad" theme.

The only good things about TLoU2 is the soundtrack, acting and overal visuals. The rest of the game was varying between bad and "fine".
    I can’t say I disagree with any thing other then the pacing which I thought was fine.

The only real New characters that stuck with me at all were Abbie and lev And I think lev could have had more screen time.

As for being cliche I comply agree and said so abunch of pages back. Both this game and the first are just tropes done well to me the first game took the Sergeat father/daughter/immunity trope And did it really really well likely the best it’s been done in gaming. This game try’s to do the same but with revenge/killer wanting to change tropes but doesn’t end up doing Them as well as the first did.

I’d say both games are paint by numbers with the only real different being that the first game had the highest quality paint possible while the Second is using lower class paint because things like god of war already took the high quality stuff and isn’t sharing.

Over all with the flaws I still think it’s a fine game/story A bit lower then the first but I didn’t think the first was any thing amazing either so both games/story’s just end up sitting on the higher end of average For me as tropes done well.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-06-24 at 06:04 PM.

This is not smart. Why would you even post something so flatly ignorant and lacking intellectual rigor?

Firstly, "revenge is bad" is not the only theme in the game. Most stories in modern human history have multiple themes throughout the narrative; this is partly what made Don Quixote such a landmark historically.

Secondly, do you have children or have spent time with children? This game has some of the most adult scenes and narrative ever in gaming- and I have been playing games since the 1970s.

Do you sincerely think Kidergarters engage in stories about Ultiitariaism, Humanism, Inhumanity, PTSD, Biopower, or Fanaticism?

My children have well-worn copies of The Will To Knowledge. Totally.

It is one thing to say you dislike something, none can fault you there, pickles & ice cream, and all that. But it is fallacious to make such an intentionally ridiculous comparison and reductionist in the context of what is presented in-media as either respectable opinion or critique.

Shameful.

I also find anyone claiming they don't like the game because it uses "tropes" or "cliches" to just be using buzzwords for the sake of it. Tropes are tropes for a reason and same with cliches and every story uses them so claiming something isn't new ground is an incredibly disingenuous argument when no story in modern day is "new ground". Human history at this point is vast and almost every possible topic has been explored in media and art.

Oh and I shouldn't have to say it, but not liking something is not a blanket for anyone to claim something is poorly written. This game literally has actual non video game writers praising it(which is rare) but you think random forum user is a proper critique on writing? You don't have to like something for it to be good writing. The opposite is also true, liking something does not mean it was written well.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-24 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I also find anyone claiming they don't like the game because it uses "tropes" or "cliches" to just be using buzzwords for the sake of it. Tropes are tropes for a reason and same with cliches and every story uses them so claiming something isn't new ground is an incredibly disingenuous argument when no story in modern day is "new ground". Human history at this point is vast and almost every possible topic has been explored in media and art.

Oh and I shouldn't have to say it, but not liking something is not a blanket for anyone to claim something is poorly written. This game literally has actual non video game writers praising it(which is rare) but you think random forum user is a proper critique on writing? You don't have to like something for it to be good writing.
    There is really is, from a psychological POV, only 3 types of stories that can be told about the human experience. Most narratives are just variations of other narratives past & present.

Swiss Family Robinson / Lost in Space and so on.

I saved the princess in Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros., Resident Evil 4 and Ico. That is no critique.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Boy this post sure didn't age well..
    Still at a 95 now with 119 reviews. https://www.opencritic.com/game/8351...-of-us-part-ii

Your own post didn't age quite so well and it's only 4 mins old...

Don't even bother to reply if you're gonna claim paid reviews(with no proof) when there are over 30 added now that didn't even have early review copies and it hasn't dropped the average at all since embargo night.

Yeah you're right Last of Us 2 is one of the greatest games ever made and everybody is extremely satisfied with it.

LOL
    I don't think he argued that "everyone" was satisfied?

I mean, people predicted a critical bomb. It's not.

People predicted abysmal sales. It's the fastest selling PS4 exclusive to-date - https://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-...ps4-exclusive/

Some people don't like it, fine. Some people have an agenda against it, weird, but whatever. Neither contradicts that the game has been received well critically and is selling well.

Case in point I suppose.
    suppose is where it gets wrong

I admit I am not a part of this game's community, but the only reason I really know about it is because of all the drama surrounding it currently and how disappointed everybody seems to be with it. Hell I can't escape it it's so big atm.
    "Everybody" isn't remotely accurate. Plenty of folks seem to like it, some seem to dislike it, some went in with expectations and were disappointed when they weren't met.

Most of the "drama" is bullshit and based off of wild and unfounded speculation, much of which has proven completely bullshit.

To call it a success, regardless of what critical reviews say, is a bit folly dontchya think? (and people have an agenda against literally everything so don't throw that out there as some sort of excuse)
    What measure would you look to if not critical reviews and sales? By both metrics, it's a success so far.

That's not to suggest it's not flawed. That's not to suggest that people can't like it. But it flat-out contradicts the "GAME WILL BOMB" claims of those with the agenda you're trying to handwave away.

Wild and unfounded speculation? From what I understand the trailer for the game was very, very misleading for players you can't place all the blame on them like that. Naughty Dog admitted to using deception in their trailers as a tactic.
    Some trailers were altered pre-launch to avoid spoilers. Nobody knew about that until much later, so that's a separate issue.

The speculation comes in all forms, from Druckmann being scanned to be put in the game (nope) to Anita being involved in the development (nope) to Abby being trans (nope) to a host of other issues that cropped up early and went into overdrive after some of the early story leaks.

ND's decision to alter trailers like that is questionable, and fair criticism. I'm not a fan of it, but honestly I've seen so little discussion of that versus "OH EM GEE THEY ARE FORCING SOCIAL ISSUES" and other nonsense.

But how we're getting to here from you trying to dunk on someone for accurately pointing out that the people predicting would be a critical bomb were wrong as fuck is beyond me.

The biggest problem I've seen is that the people claiming the game sucks constantly show a lack of understanding of the first game. Just watch the Angry Joe stream and even he says crap like how there was no cure and the end of the first game was just Joel saving Ellie from a bunch of lunatics who had no idea what they were doing.

I mean sure if there was no real chance of a cure then most of the emotional weight in Part 2's story makes no sense but that was never the scenario presented in the first game so I'm not sure why people keep spreading this nonsense like its a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It was pretty well explained and rehashed several times by how the NPCs react to him in combat let alone other information in the story that points it out even further to people not paying attention to that dialogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Joel being crafty and using guerilla warfare to make his way through a hospital does not make him some super cyborg that can take an entire squad that has him surrounded. Those situations are in no way comparable because the hospital scene started with 1 guard on Joel, not 7.
    I do pay attention to dialogs excuse me mister "I know it all and my opinion better than you guy"

Listen I know it was explained but it was still not well fleshed out you can't compare character like Lev to someone like Owen or Jesse or hell even Mel these are still secondary minor characters but still more developed and much better than Lev/Lily. Just because my opinion is different than you doesn't give you the right to belittle me or anyone else. Don't like it? shut the fuck up and move on.

Yes the hospital scene started with one guard that is true but my point stand that he shouldn't drop his guard because he was in scout mission which makes him prepared for the worst really.