Poll: What do you prefer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    2 charges of fel rush will destroy us in pvp, not like we are in meta now but yea

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    If you don't like the changes as a vengeance DH you're seriously dumb. Vengeance is getting buffed SO hard at basically everything
    Nobody's going to shit sprinkles just because they figured out how to take a bottom-of-the-barrel spec and buff it to middle-of-the-road. Particularly when you look at Guardian, which they can't figure how to get out of the must-have category.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaal View Post
    Fel rush / VR placement , while losing as little melee uptime as possible, while being able to dump GCDs on Cstrike/glaive throw within a certain window certainly requires some thought to it, instead of standing there stationary, spamming a spender and waiting for procs which nemesis promotes

but hey, over half the DHs that play this game are garbage and have 40% momentum uptime, spend half their momentum running back to hit the boss/mob because they fel rushed into narnia instead of planning where to rush
    In no version of this argument does any persons balls get bigger. Momentum is clumsy and elitest at best. Trying to pretend that World of Easymode-craft in any way requires "skill" to play does not take away the truth that momentum is not optimal playstyle for a raid. That is why it took a back seat as it should. For fucks sake, people who think that ST dps is a skill based issue are only fooling themselves as to what is ACTUALLY important in a raid. Mechanics and uptime are the only things that matter and the only real problem to make into elitism is peoples ability to see mechanics happen. NOT which SWOOSH SWOOSH is more finesse'ee and thus "skillful."

Focus more on perception and positioning rather than what silly buff is up at what time, nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    2 charges of fel rush will destroy us in pvp, not like we are in meta now but yea
    Anyone else notice on the PTR that while Blur does increase your move speed by 30% it still resets the charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    Anyone else notice on the PTR that while Blur does increase your move speed by 30% it still resets the charges?
    It wasn't resetting FR for me last night Wardonis

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgamech View Post
    Make Felbade do chaos damage goddammit.
    There really is no reason for them not to. Before people say "Veng needs fire for heal", Chaos counts as every damage type so it would still heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    There really is no reason for them not to. Before people say "Veng needs fire for heal", Chaos counts as every damage type so it would still heal.
    It'd have been nice wouldn't it. It'd also have been nice if they had made Nemesis capable of active up-time like Momentum. Could have made it work off of Felblade so the talents synergized better. Not a fan of fire and forget buffs that last a minute personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    In no version of this argument does any persons balls get bigger. Momentum is clumsy and elitest at best. Trying to pretend that World of Easymode-craft in any way requires "skill" to play does not take away the truth that momentum is not optimal playstyle for a raid. That is why it took a back seat as it should. For fucks sake, people who think that ST dps is a skill based issue are only fooling themselves as to what is ACTUALLY important in a raid. Mechanics and uptime are the only things that matter and the only real problem to make into elitism is peoples ability to see mechanics happen. NOT which SWOOSH SWOOSH is more finesse'ee and thus "skillful."

Focus more on perception and positioning rather than what silly buff is up at what time, nerds.
    or you know, do both? being a good DH now means maintaining uptime, while also positioning to not get hit by mechanics/lose activity

If you can't stay afloat I guess the answer is to bitch and complain to blizzard until they nerf to compensate for your lack of ability

I just hope I can get the new shoulders. Hate being reliant on a 4 min cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post

I can manage both and am having fun. But I guess the smallest common denominator has to win out for the optimal results of a spec...makes a whole lotta sense.

I hate 7.1.5, but what can you do, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaal View Post
    Fel rush / VR placement , while losing as little melee uptime as possible, while being able to dump GCDs on Cstrike/glaive throw within a certain window certainly requires some thought to it, instead of standing there stationary, spamming a spender and waiting for procs which nemesis promotes

but hey, over half the DHs that play this game are garbage and have 40% momentum uptime, spend half their momentum running back to hit the boss/mob because they fel rushed into narnia instead of planning where to rush
    Yeah man you're right if only there were tools that people could use that would let them know when the momentum buff fell off and if fel rush or blur were not on cooldown. Some way to figure out hey if I'm out of range I should glaive for that split second during the turn around, or some guide that tells me this fel rush and retreat pattern is optimal for uptime but something you just kinda figure out as you play. You're not a special snowflake. There are many many great demonhunters out there and as many crap ones.

It's not that hard but then again you're like demonhunterdude #9000 in line who thinks they're the greatest and when I blew them up it was really funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Yeah man you're right if only there were tools that people could use that would let them know when the momentum buff fell off and if fel rush or blur were not on cooldown. Some way to figure out hey if I'm out of range I should glaive for that split second during the turn around, or some guide that tells me this fel rush and retreat pattern is optimal for uptime but something you just kinda figure out as you play. You're not a special snowflake. There are many many great demonhunters out there and as many crap ones.

It's not that hard but then again you're like demonhunterdude #9000 in line who thinks they're the greatest and when I blew them up it was really funny.
    Your 'better than thou and lick my shoes because of it' type is the primary reason why I've rarely ever considered playing dps spec, but have tanked whenever i played since mid-late TBC, because of the "be in the 99th percentile or go home" meter e-peen focus

I have hope for 7.1.5 but as I coudn't play PTR, I think it's too soon to give my opinion now on that specific patch.

It makes me sad to see here again the Pro vs Con momentum arguing how this mecanic is good or elitist/bad.

Imo, they shoud have made Momentum baseline for +5% dmge
    Talent 106 : instead of momentum, Fel barrage (aoe) / Fel Erruption (mono-switch) / Nemesis (perma-mono)
    Talent 100 : instead of fel barrage : master of momentum (passiv buff to momentum to make it a +20% buff, + an active to give 2 stack of FR), CB and Demonic remains.

Therfore, ppl who love momentum could play with it and even if we don't it can be a small bonus do dmge (if you want to take risk or not during the fight).

ho and I won't foget that : MAKE FELRUSH CAOS DMGE FFS !

peace!

Fury generation without the Ring and with Demon Blades felt utterly terrible now. Nearly 50% downtimes in the rotation, unplayable for me. Ring made that better and I think with T-Set it will be good again. Problem is: I do not want to play this class while it is shit until I get both those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Really? All the other changes and you think the ONLY nerf we are getting is going to destroy us? What about baseline detainment sap? 20% of hp mana break even with full mana? 2 min meta cd? I wrote a list of all the changes in the big pvp thread, but we are going to be day 1 nerfed because of how retarded they are making us, not "destroyed" because of demon speed nerf. It hurts, but we will be taking felblade anyway now so really not a big difference.