Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    this is the first thing they are introducing since legion launched that wont be changed down the line. glad they are learning.

to explain what i mean, they added mythic dungeons (nothing but glorified heroics) and locked them out of lfd, they will change that.

they made AK char bound, they changed it.

they made legendaries have a cap on BLP, they removed it.

this change means people will get those upgrades for they main and their offspecs eventually, even on alts that they only have time to do LFR in.

the one thing that still puzzles me is why they didn't do this from the start... ALL legendaries should have been available to all players at 110, but being low ilvl 835ish or something, and have them upgradeable with the upgrade time linked to the content you do. and done, players now get to CHOOSE which one they like.

Quote Originally Posted by CMKenneth View Post
    this is the first thing they are introducing since legion launched that wont be changed down the line. glad they are learning.

to explain what i mean, they added mythic dungeons (nothing but glorified heroics) and locked them out of lfd, they will change that.

they made AK char bound, they changed it.

they made legendaries have a cap on BLP, they removed it.

this change means people will get those upgrades for they main and their offspecs eventually, even on alts that they only have time to do LFR in.

the one thing that still puzzles me is why they didn't do this from the start... ALL legendaries should have been available to all players at 110, but being low ilvl 835ish or something, and have them upgradeable with the upgrade time linked to the content you do. and done, players now get to CHOOSE which one they like.
    Well you obviously don't understand how legendary drop rates work... they removed the legendary soft cap (you were getting no bad luck protection) that was in place but getting another legendary when you had already one still is still exponentially more difficult than the last. So right now its very very hard to get another legendary after the 3rd... 4th and 5th are off for most of the playerbase except for the totally dedicated or very lucky... unless they change that... nobody is gonna get their upgrades for main and offspecs because the way it is right now if you get 3 or 4 crappy legendaries its better to just reroll a new one and try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    That's like being mad you bought a DVD player when they first came out 20 years ago for $1200 and now complain people can pick it up for $50.
    You had your Legendary for a long time already, and you're pissed about somebody getting a 940 when they finally receive one? >_>
    That`s a brilliant example, afterall the price of the dvd players just went from $1200 to $50 in 2 weeks..ohh wait, not...

That's like being mad you bought a DVD player when they first came out 20 years ago for $1200 and now complain people can pick it up for $50.
    You had your Legendary for a long time already, and you're pissed about somebody getting a 940 when they finally receive one? >_>
    No, it's more like if you bought a blu ray player a year ago and then they make a newer better version today and the store refuses to sell you the new one unless you go to the store for 50 days straight begging them to give you a new one meanwhile someone who never bought one is given the new one for the same price you paid for the original.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    That`s a brilliant example, afterall the price of the dvd players just went from $1200 to $50 in 2 weeks..ohh wait, not...
    Much less you can't just go and buy the "$50" version because the store won't give it to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No, it's more like if you bought a blu ray player a year ago and then they make a newer better version today and the store refuses to sell you the new one unless you go to the store for 50 days straight begging them to give you a new one meanwhile someone who never bought one is given the new one for the same price you paid for the original..
    Tell me where new players can buy a Legendary, or get a free one.
    The player who had the 910 version can get a 940 version the same day as New Guy Joe does when 7.15 goes live.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Tell me where new players can buy a Legendary, or get a free one.
    The player who had the 910 version can get a 940 version the same day as New Guy Joe does when 7.15 goes live.
    The player who has no legendary has a higher chance to get one than a player who has 1 or more. Stop talking.

The player who has no legendary has a higher chance to get one than a player who has 1 or more. Stop talking.
    No he doesn't?
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    No he doesn't?
    Bad luck protection works less when you already have a legendary.

Bad luck protection works less when you already have a legendary.
    No, BLP doesn't work less when you have one..

But yeah, you are right.. forgot that they changed it in 7.1, so players without a legendary have a little higher base chance than people with a legendary..

But I don't see how this is unfair.. you already have a legendary. Someone who started after patch 7.1, will have a little higher start chance, than you did before patch 7.1.. but you already have a legendary, they don't.. stop being so greedy.

The guy whom you initially quoted, still has a valid comparison.

Person A (who got a legendary before 7.1), had a 2% chance for a legendary.
    Then Patch 7.1 hits, and the price is "lowered" to 4% chance for a legendary (for someone who has no legendary)..
    Person B (who does not have a legendary), now get the first legendary at a cheaper price..

While making the price a little cheaper for a first time user. They also added 30 new features(DLC), that both Person A and B can get(buy).

Where each of those features(DLC), has a base price of 2%, and then a BLP that will give you a discount based on amount of content you do.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-11 at 11:41 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of this. You shouldn't be punished for getting a legendary just a few days/week before Nighthold goes live.
    It should either be that ALL legendaries start out at 910 and have to be upgraded, or ALL of them automatically gets changed to 940.

Deleted
    I guess I will just delete my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    I guess I will just delete my hunter.
    How is this relevant here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I don't trust this for a second. People were getting the NEW legendaries from stockpiled emissaries yesterday. Same with curious coins. Pls Blizzard check yo shit
    While this is true, there is no guarentee that this also means that their ilvl work that way. I don't see any reason why they should lie about it. But you are ofc free to keep your caches if you want to.

well this sucks... my first legendary dropped just now... lol

The Hearthstone poll should have the option 'Played just enough to get the WoW mount, and no more'.

The question they never answered. How many essences can you earn a week?

I'm guessing 10, so you have to upgrade once a month.

People who are complaining about people getting 940's do realise they can also loot 940's? Probably the same people who got legendaries the first day they were 110 and complained about not getting another one while everyone else got their first xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Was looking for an analogy to answer to the complaint. This one sums it up for me.

Really, is this what the players have become? Now having 6 legendaries is not enough? They have to construct a situation where "a casual" will get a ilv 940 legendary while they "only" have six and are now "forced" to upgrade them?

Enter a new wave of "I quit over this" threads, because having six legendaries "only" at 940 makes the game unplayable and ruins the fun?

(Before anyone gets pissy, I have 4 very mediocre legendaries and I do not care)
    It's irrelevant what "casuals" get or don't get. It impacts people who wants to stay competitive in PvE.

Say two raiders both have 2 legendaries each. They've had them for quite some time now, and because of the Bad Luck Protection they will most likely get their 3rd legendaries soon. One of them, Raider 1, gets a decent one at the end this week, at 910 ilv. The other one, Raider 2, gets a decent one next week instead, only a couple of days later, at 940 ilvl. Raider 1 must now suddenly spend x number of weeks to upgrade his legendary to be at the same level as Raider 2. It will also statistically take a longer time before he gets another legendary now(that would have been a "free" 940).

Perhaps not a big deal for most people, but still a backwards system that punishes people who got "lucky" enough to get legendaries before Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkstradamus View Post
    People who are complaining about people getting 940's do realise they can also loot 940's? Probably the same people who got legendaries the first day they were 110 and complained about not getting another one while everyone else got their first xD
    Honestly i couldn't care less about what others get. What bothers me is how stupid it is to have both a catch-up mechanic and a progress mechanic at the same time affecting the exact same items. Why have an arbitrary wall for some players or items at the same time that you are giving a way to totally avoid that wall.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

I another legendary last night in mythic en -- and now instead of being happy I feel like I just pounded on another time gated quest

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, I file that under " not a big deal for most people"

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it. If you never had gotten that legendary, there is no guaranty you'd gotten one after 7.2 (and who knows when that will be released). So now in a ilv 840 slot, you have a ilv 910 item - but you go "the glas is half empty"

How did you people deal with RNG and bad luck in the previous 11 years of WoW?
    If they are in mythic EN killing bosses its probably only gonna be able to replace a 880-895 item. Just to clarify, and I feel the same way I got my 4th Tuesday on my mage and it makes for 3 terrible none class specific ones and 1 that actually helps with dps. Disheartening knowing it will be another 2-6 weeks before getting another one, thankfully I should be out of bad legendary items to get now.