Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    2. It resets every fkn patch..
    It only resets on the patches that have a change in base or scaling difficulty. Which makes sense. I believe the addon shows you m+ score for the previous season, as well.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    It only resets on the patches that have a change in base or scaling difficulty. Which makes sense. I believe the addon shows you m+ score for the previous season, as well.
    it doesnt need to thou, they could just adjust for use mob dmg/hp % instead.
    Or even better, show best lifetime mob dmg/hp % bonus.

Wiping the slate is just lazy and annoying for the players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    If someone asked for any score in +10 I would treat it as a big red flag and avoid them. I suggest you do the same.
    Until the addon becomes popular and everyone asks for all scores automatically all the time. Because that's how the community works

RaiderIO is using data that is 2 days old. Please update the addon for more accurate Mythic Plus Scores
    Yeah, I am going to update this stupid addon every 2 days. zzzz.

It also doesn't work with my premadegroup filter (I think they both update the tooltip and RaiderIO loses the battle), but I do like the handy RaiderIO profile link in the right click.

Edit: Also, I feel that "best dungeon score" and/or unique dungeons completed above +15, +10, etc. is more useful than the raw score since the raw score rates someone with 5 +20 dungeons worse than someone with all of them at +9. Then again, I'd rather just open their profile on the website to review than have a quick overview most of the time.
    Last edited by Bhorin; 2017-10-22 at 09:50 PM.

Everyone in this thread deriding the addon keeps bringing up that it will leak to low level m+s and make it impossible to join when that isn't close to being likely.

When you make a group you balance two factors,
    1. Getting players who wont bring the group down
    2. filling the group in a timely manner.

Anyone creating +2 to +10 key groups asking for high Raider.io score will get no applicants that meet their requirements and have to lower their standards. A raider.io score below 1k is practically meaningless as most people in that range just have blank spaces on their m+ sheet. As others have said anyone even asking for score for a +2-10 would be a red flag as ilvl is really all you need to filter applicant for that level.

Also bringing up Gearscore like it was some old failed addon, NEWSFLASH ilvl is just Gearscore. In fact Gearscore was better because it gave you bonus points for gems/enchants and didn't let you cheat with bag gear.

If your asking for a M+score for 10 or even a 12 hell even up to like 14-15 now its kinda lol but when I pug a 18 on tuesday when I get my fresh key and just want to do it and no wait for guildies or something this addon is great.... Meanwhile if your doing under a 13 and asking for M+score your kinda lol I just did one today on my alt and wen't fine with 4 random 925 invited people.... Meanwhile getting a 1800+ score to get invited to higher stuff is honestly pretty easy if you just do every key on like 13-15 which are still kinda Jokes on most weeks.

So, when is the individual raiding score coming?

This way we can filter people who buy runs.

For years I wanted a PVE score so we could make pugs with people on the same skill level/experience instead of ilvl matching.

Also have a global battle.net scores available would be nice with battle.net sync. (Unless I'm blind)
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-10-23 at 09:10 PM.

Oh great, the M+ version gearscore, this potentially is going to the worst thing ever devised.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Yes, finding more ways to arbitrarily exclude people from participating is awesome in an MMO. (That's sarcasm by the way)
    It's strange that it's so hard to see that once this is adopted by the people who run high keys, it will also be adoped by the people who think a +4 is a challenge - because they need to stick it to the "losers" as well.

On the whole the community suffers because we're discouraging grouping and we're excluding people based on some number on a 3rd party website

And I understand the need just fine. Just like in mythic raiding the NEED is to form a steady static group - that runs high keys together regularly. The NEED is not to find a new random pugger to every dungeon. And in order to find that group of steady friends to run with, the community needs to be inclusive.

Also - I do understand this is where all the eSports kids are going and that WoW is really a quite shitty MMO these days and the future is looking even shittier with more focus on these eSport dungeons. I understand why you guys want to exclude everyone and do your little pug groups and let some 3rd party site control your life and choices. I get it - it's all in the name of competitive eSporting.

I'm just saying it's going to lead to a shitty eSport community, like we have in MOBAs and other places. You can do M+ by allowing for inclusiveness and promoting community building. This is not that.
    It is not 'arbitrary' at all. It is based on your available history of dungeon runs. You're saying you can't be bothered, but if you feel like it then all info on you should be hidden or obfuscated as you are entitled to be carried by those that have put in the effort? Or should everything be nerfed to the point where your performance doesn't matter at all? LFR for life? I'm struggling in 14's, I don't deny the groups looking for a 19 pug the knowledge of that, as I'd probably be the one causing them to fail the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Spoken like a true person who has never pugged or done anything remotely difficult in this game how is this any differnt then looking someone up on raider.io or wowprog for looking at raid kills for raid pugs hint its not.
    Speaking as someone who pugs everything most weeks right up to silly mythic attempts on the first few ToS bosses

This is the fucking worst add on going. The guy you're quoting is bang on, it's gear score all over again and it will get fucked by blizzard at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So to summarize - in your ideal world, everyone would just take the first people that signed up for a dungeon, regardless of gear level, and potential skill level - first come, first serve, because that's "inclusive". Doesn't matter how they perform, doesn't matter if it's a PITA for the 4 others that you took a 915 survival hunter to a 15; He was there first, and we should not be dictated by simple stuff like arbitrary gauges of performance.

Yea, name me one game where this actually works well.
    I think what he's going for is this.

Say we have a heroic somewhat mythic raider. He's good at what he does, pretty geared. Wants to go do a mythic plus. But he's never done say four dungeons at a high key because they don't have anything he needs in them. His score will be monumentally lower than some other guy who asked his friends to carry him through a high level key of each dungeon because he KNOWS that is what this scoring system uses. People can cheese this addon/score thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

Say we have a heroic somewhat mythic raider. He's good at what he does, pretty geared. Wants to go do a mythic plus. But he's never done say four dungeons at a high key because they don't have anything he needs in them. His score will be monumentally lower than some other guy who asked his friends to carry him through a high level key of each dungeon because he KNOWS that is what this scoring system uses. People can cheese this addon/score thing.
    I've gotten a clueless high-geared raider a countless times - at the point of 10+ or whatever, there's no difference between that raider and someone who got carried through the mythics, they both are bad (but carriable). Assuming that the raider is quicker to learn (it often isn't so since the 'mythic' raider could only be 3M or w/e which essentially means fuck-all in terms of skill), then at high levels he might be preferred but I cannot imagine a scenario where people doing 17+ or whatever just invite someone blindly based on a score without giving a quick look at his wowprogress to see how exactly the score was obtained.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Here's the kicker though - I am that guy. I don't have a good score. I have no issues getting into groups requiring much higher score than the one I have. Know how? By not being socially inept. I whisper them straight up: "My M+ score isn't great because I just do a high dungeon a week for my cache, so I miss a lot of the terrible ones. I'm 9/9 mythic, and know what I'm doing in this dungeon. Do with that information what you want". I've not actually been declined to a party that's needed my role when I've said that yet. It's not an issue of being "blindly" declined due to an addon or an external metric - it's an issue of people letting that singular metric define everything instead of putting in a minimum of effort if they don't happen to "look" good on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Here's the kicker though - I am that guy. I don't have a good score. I have no issues getting into groups requiring much higher score than the one I have. Know how? By not being socially inept. I whisper them straight up: "My M+ score isn't great because I just do a high dungeon a week for my cache, so I miss a lot of the terrible ones. I'm 9/9 mythic, and know what I'm doing in this dungeon. Do with that information what you want". I've not actually been declined to a party that's needed my role when I've said that yet. It's not an issue of being "blindly" declined due to an addon or an external metric - it's an issue of people letting that singular metric define everything instead of putting in a minimum of effort if they don't happen to "look" good on paper.
    Um, bro. Hate to break it to you but if you're 9/9 mythic you're NOT that guy. No one is going to pass up a 9/9 mythic raider if they armory you and find out you're not making it up. I'm talking about normal players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Um, bro. Hate to break it to you but if you're 9/9 mythic you're NOT that guy. No one is going to pass up a 9/9 mythic raider if they armory you and find out you're not making it up. I'm talking about normal players.
    So instead of his exact scenario, you could say, "I've completed <whatever dungeon/s> on a 17+ before, but my score is low because I haven't done a handful of dungeons". If you feel the addon doesn't give enough info about you, feel free to add info to your note or a whisper. Then you can personalize it however you want. Personally, I take raiding experience with a grain of salt, since I've seen multiple 9/9m players do really poorly in m+.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Bro, hate to break it to you, but your raiding experience has f... all to do with running high m+ and nobody with any clue is going to invite you to their group based on that.

Hi all,

We've been following along with all the concerns about the addon.

We are planning to implement a few changes soon that we think will help provide more richness when evaluating an applicant, so you don't *only* see the score. These are the facets of information we will be adding:

- Highest M+ level player has completed in time
    - Highest M+ level player has completed in time in dungeon you are queued for
    - Whether player has completed a +5/+10/+15 this season (based on KSM achievement criteria - so impervious to the "top 100" issue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspir View Post
    Hi all,

We are planning to implement a few changes soon that we think will help provide more richness when evaluating an applicant, so you don't *only* see the score. These are the facets of information we will be adding:

- Whether player has completed a +5/+10/+15 this season (based on KSM achievement criteria - so impervious to the "top 100" issue)
    This will make it a lot more useful. The score doesn't serve a whole lot of a point if it's the only thing you see

Deleted
    Hi all,

Great stuff. Looking forward to trying this out on top of MPH.

Hi all,

thx for the great work guys, highly appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

My main use case for the addon so far is screening the groups to apply for, not judging the applicants to my group. For the latter Mythic Plus Helper was good enough at my level.