Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You have evidence that they weren't right? Not just talking out of your ass buying into the bullshit reason American police arrest and detain people for 36 hours without cause. Based on you and your cohorts records on police brutality claims, the fact these "reporters" were from Far left groups, ill side with the police until evidence suggests otherwise.
    You have evidance I'm not your real father?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    there's no segregation of a mob when you arrest all of them. If 49/60 are causing a riot, or have exceeded their limitations and qualifications as "peaceful protest", and all 60 are arrested.... all 60 should be charged.
    Does that lack of segregation include being charged with a felony? Because if people are just generally being charged with felony, you have yet another problem with what the OP is saying about these arrests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How is this Trump's fault? Is he directing police operations or something?

Considering what he seems to get accused of being at fault for, he must be omnipresent and omnipotent - I stubbed my toe earlier...bloody Trump! - he only needs 'omniscient' for the full set.
    Maybe he is like in charge of federal government or something... I think the word you are looking for is president, not omnipotent. You know, someone who would come out and say it's wrong to arrest journalists or any comment for that mater.

Oh and are we omnipresent to know this happened?
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-01-25 at 03:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    there's no segregation of a mob when you arrest all of them. If 49/60 are causing a riot, or have exceeded their limitations and qualifications as "peaceful protest", and all 60 are arrested.... all 60 should be charged.
    If one out of the Trumpling mob of 61 million commits a crime.....all 61 million should be charged. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump is responsible for a DC law that has been on the books for over a year? Does not compute.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    So Trump is responsible for a DC law that has been on the books for over a year? Does not compute.
    No, Trump is responsible for talking shit about protestors for days, while not saying a single thing about these arrests. A normal president wouldn't have posted shit about protestors on twitter, but should probably at least brief his Press Secretary to comment on this. Trump is doing exactly the opposite of what should be done, when people are once again saying it's an animal farm from 1984...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, Trump is responsible for talking shit about protestors for days, while not saying a single thing about these arrests. A normal president wouldn't have posted shit about protestors on twitter, but should probably at least brief his Press Secretary to comment on this. Trump is doing exactly the opposite of what should be done, when people are once again saying it's an animal farm from 1984...
    People also call themselves anarchists while calling on the police to save them from the consequences of smashing other people's property.

People have gotten pretty stupid it seems.

This doesn't really have anything to do with Trump. It also happened in St. Louis and Ferguson.

No jury would convict them, unless there was evidence that they were part of the riot itself. There may be some, there may not be. If they were wrongfully arrested, they should sue the shit out of the city, or if it were federal police officers, sue the federal government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he is like in charge of federal government or something... I think the word you are looking for is president, not omnipotent. You know, someone who would come out and say it's wrong to arrest journalists or any comment for that mater.

Oh and are we omnipresent to know this happened?
    I am pretty confident he wasn't conducting police operations, that would be the job of the police.

And why should journalists be immune from prosecution for rioting? Whether they were actually rioting is up to the courts to decide, but your occupation should not give you a free pass. There is no indication they were arrested for being journalists, so you can't even use that argument as a get out.

Are there any other occupations you believe should be immune to criminal charges for rioting? I wish that commercial insurance brokers were immune to parking and speeding violations.

I think we can all agree it's good to see these fake journalists locked up for the good of the public. These thugs caused quite a bit of property damage and should be held accountable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ated-riot.html

This is the kind of shit that happens when you give the one of the world's biggest egos the power they desire.

That's it, I'm calling it. The US has gone from (shakey) democracy to a plutocracy and is heading full speed into a police state dictatorship. I give you six months to a year before you get jailed and 'disappeared' for publicly criticising Supreme Leader Tronald Rump

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Mass arrests are common in these situations. Providing they weren't breaking any windows or hitting people they'll be set free.

1. Good lord there is a big difference between being arrested and prosecuted.

2. No one has been prosecuted yet.

3. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.cad667ddb10f So it wasn't like they were alone.

4. There is ZERO evidence that they were targeted because of their journalistic credentials.

5. Most if not all of the people listed probably don't even have a fucking Press Badge.

A mass of rioters were aressted, evidence was secured and the arrested identities were verified. This due process. During due process it came to light that 3 people did not only claim to be press / journalists / what have you, but actually were what they claimed to be.

If claiming you are a "journalist" would give you a free pass in these situations police would have to let go 230 "journalists".

Now, being one or all of those things does not exclude you from due process at this point, but you get treated almost like everybody else. And if you behave in an uncooperative manner, you will be treated with less generosity. This is common sense and good practice.

Being a journalist or press does mean it is less likely you were actually involved in the destruction of property. But at the same time it does not mean you are by magic excluded from any suspicion. It seems only reasonable not to let someone who is actually still under invstigation go just because they wave a press pass in your face.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-01-25 at 05:08 PM.

Great news. I don't think Trump has done enough though.

Who the hell do these clowns think they are to create and/or perpetuate chaos without recourse?

The next thing Trump needs to do is to arrest anybody covering their face in public with the intent of staying anonymous.
    The only purpose they had was so they could not be identified if caught rioting on camera.

Trump needs to come down hard on these anarchists and help restore confidence and order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    That's it, I'm calling it. The US has gone from (shakey) democracy to a plutocracy and is heading full speed into a police state dictatorship. I give you six months to a year before you get jailed and 'disappeared' for publicly criticising Supreme Leader Tronald Rump
    Most people would call in restoring order from violent anarchists
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

This is known as Kettling and is nothing new. Things get out of control and riot police line up and work the group into being surrounded and arrest the entire area. There could have been people going to work, just getting coffee, or just walking home that also would have been arrested. Is it shitty? Yes. Were this people arrested for being part of the media? No.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Most people would call in restoring order from violent anarchists
    Most people recognize that arresting journalists is a damn bad thing.

Undercover "film maker" isn't the same and hence I'm not seeing someone from CNN on this list. Which if Trump was going to target someone you'd think THAT would be the result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Undercover "film maker" isn't the same and hence I'm not seeing someone from CNN on this list. Which if Trump was going to target someone you'd think THAT would be the result.
    I expect you think this has to have been ordered directly by Trump to be a bad trend?

Well, I've called it. We'll see in a few months.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Stage 1 in Donald Tyrant's rise to absolute power; get rid of the media.
    It's page one of the Nazi playbook. Discredit the media, then eliminate them. Just waiting for the new "libel" laws to come forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...it's Trumps fault? Is that your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    They weren't arrested for being journalists, they were arrested on suspicion of being rioters.