Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Good job, police forces~

Take em all down!

Protesters inconveniencing people that try to get home = bad.
    Detaining people with residence and family in the US indefinitely at airports = good.
    Did I get that right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What? /10char
    You complain about police brutality but they're just trying to make normal people go on with their lives. They should be even harsher on people who do this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Stopping ethnic cleansing is a bit more important than your commute imho.
    There is no ethnic cleansing going on in usa though.

This sort of ridiculously histrionic statement is why people just laugh at you.

At the end of the day if they are trying to drum up support, clearly its working based on the reactions of the local town folk right?

These fine upstanding masked citizens are clearly on a path to unification. /clap

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    There is no ethnic cleansing going on in usa though.
    Constant lynching of unarmed black people and the disproportionate incarceration of black people to be used as slave labor in the prison industrial complex looks like it.

Deleted
    Constant lynching of unarmed black people and the disproportionate incarceration of black people to be used as slave labor in the prison industrial complex looks like it.
    No, my guess is you have never actually seen ethnic cleansing taking place.

Says the guy who wants to increase the prison population via stiffer charges for recreational drug use. lmao

Elba is in fact, pro-prison complex by his stances on drugs. Though to his credit, he wants to see an equal number of all races locked up for smoking a joint. So at least he is about diversity and equality for locking people in prison.

Being pro harsher drug laws does not mean being pro slave labor. Your country should pay prisoners who work a living wage.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I don't get why you keep harping on that point, Titan. Are you a pothead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This sort of ridiculously histrionic statement is why people just laugh at you.
    I am glad that you can laugh at concerns over people being brutalized.

Are you a pothead?
    I don't do any drugs nor drink any alcohol.

Also, just man up and admit you are pro-prison complex. You are all for locking people up for non-violent (your favorite catch phrase this thread) and victimless crimes.

Hyperbole squad here to make everything a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are just sick of a bunch of thugs covering their faces.

Being pro harsher drug laws does not mean being pro slave labor. Your country should pay prisoners who work a living wage.
    While I do disagree with using prison labor to turn a profit on goods for a variety of reasons, the living wage thing seems weird to me.

They get free food, free shelter, free entertainment (albeit limited), free education, and you want them to be paid a competitive wage on top of that? By definition a living wage is one that can sustain the things they are already getting via tax dollars. I mean unless you want them to be paid the wage, then have to mandatorily pay those costs back to the institutions incarcerating them, which just seems convoluted.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I don't get why you keep harping on that point, Titan. Are you a pothead?

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad that you can laugh at concerns over people being brutalized.
    Lol slave labor.

Keep going deeper. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    While I do disagree with using prison labor to turn a profit on goods for a variety of reasons, the living wage thing seems weird to me.

They get free food, free shelter, free entertainment (albeit limited), free education, and you want them to be paid a competitive wage on top of that? By definition a living wage is one that can sustain the things they are already getting via tax dollars. I mean unless you want them to be paid the wage, then have to mandatorily pay those costs back to the institutions incarcerating them, which just seems convoluted.
    They need to be able to amass some wealth so they can start over when they get out.

It's fine for people to protest peacefully.

It's not fine for people to obstruct regular people simply going about their daily lives. That's not how you convince people to join or sympathise with your cause - it's just an annoyance. It's also incredibly selfish - disrupting all manner of things from emergency vehicles picking up ill people to parents retrieving their children from school. Plus people can get into a lot of trouble if they're late to work or an urgent appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Lol slave labor.

Keep going deeper. Please.
    The for profit prison industrial complex in the USA is basically modern slavery.

Deleted
    They need to be able to amass some wealth so they can start over when they get out.
    You're not supposed to make money by being in prison. Prison is a punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I don't do any drugs nor drink any alcohol.

Also, just man up and admit you are pro-prison complex. You are all for locking people up for non-violent (your favorite catch phrase this thread) and victimless crimes.
    I don't get your stance on the situation. Should offenders not be incarcerated?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    You're not supposed to make money by being in prison. Prison is a punishment.
    Being locked up is the punishment. And prison is about rehabilitation. Releasing people with nothing will set them up to fail and go straight back.

Deleted
    I don't get your stance on the situation. Should offenders not be incarcerated?
    People who sell the drugs should be executed and the people who buy should face 20+ years or in the case of it being a lot of illegal substances, execution too.

- - - Updated - - -

Being locked up is the punishment. And prison is about rehabilitation. Releasing people with nothing will set them up to fail and go straight back.
    No, prison is about punishment and keeping dangerous / destructive people away from society.