Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    All that would mean is too many brainwashed Jihadi's have gotten into the US and had kids here. Limiting ME migration would reduce the amount of US born radical Muslims.
    You know, usually it's dumb to invoke Godwin's Law, but holy fuck are you even reading what you're typing into the internet.

This kind of rhetoric is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I mean just a quick cruise of Google shows previous presidents executing EO orders and have ignored rulings issued by similar judges.

I'm not totally convinced this is something unique to Trump's presidency.
    Cite? Obama did have several EOs contested by the court, and did contest them, but suspended the action in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It being unique to Trump's presidency is not the topic at hand nore does it matter one bit.

Don't deflect.
    You missed the part where I am not debating the sillyness of his EO without thinking it out.

Also, the context to my replies was to a sub-conversation in the thread, not the OP.

Calm down Francis.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeha, Titan was actually coming off as reasonably curious rather than obtuse and whataboutism. Leave my adventure time buddy alone D:

10+ Year Old Account
    More judges are taking issues against the ban.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15D0XG

Trump immigration order restricted by more U.S. judges

U.S. judges in at least four states blocked federal authorities from enforcing President Donald Trump's executive order restricting immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries.

Judges in Massachusetts, Virginia and Washington state, each home to major international airports, issued their rulings late Saturday or early Sunday, following an order on Saturday night by U.S. District Judge Ann Donnelly in New York's Brooklyn borough.

Donnelly had ruled in a lawsuit by two men from Iraq being held at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

While none of the rulings struck down the executive order, the growing number of orders could complicate the administration's effort to enforce it.

Trump's order on Friday halted immigration from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days, and stopped the resettlement of refugees for 120 days. The new Republican president said these actions were needed "to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States."

Condemnation of the order was swift and broad-based. Democratic politicians and civil rights groups weighed in, as well as U.S. allies who view the actions as discriminatory and divisive.

Democratic attorneys general from California, New York and other states, meanwhile, were discussing whether to pursue their own legal challenges.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security on Sunday said it "will comply with judicial orders," while enforcing Trump's executive order in a manner that ensures those entering the United States "do not pose a threat to our country or the American people."

Across the United States, lawyers worked overnight to help confused international travelers at airports. Activists and lawyers tracking the arrivals said some Border Patrol agents appeared to be disregarding the various court orders.

"There is really no method to this madness," Becca Heller, director of the New York-based International Refugee Assistance Project organization, told reporters on a conference call.

Supporters of Trump's order said authorities acted properly in swiftly taking steps to enforce it.

"It is better (to) be safe than sorry," said Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies at the conservative Center for Immigration Studies in Washington.

Lawsuits brought on behalf of more than 100 individual travelers have been filed around the country, some activists and lawyers have estimated.

CURBS ON TRUMP'S ORDER

In Boston, U.S. District Judge Allison Burroughs on Sunday issued a temporary restraining order blocking the removal of two Iranians who have taught at the University of Massachusetts, and had been detained at the city's Logan International Airport.

That order was set to last seven days, and appeared to go further than Donnelly's by barring officials from detaining, as well as removing, approved refugees, visa holders and permanent U.S. residents entering from the seven countries. Donnelly's order forbade only removal.

Matthew Segal, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, in a statement called Burroughs' order "a huge victory for justice" in the face of what he characterized as Trump's "unconstitutional ban on Muslims."

In Alexandria, Virginia, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema late on Saturday barred the Homeland Security agency from removing an estimated 50 to 60 legal permanent residents who had been detained at Dulles International Airport, which serves the Washington, D.C., area.

That order also required the agency to let those individuals speak with lawyers, according to the Legal Aid and Justice Center in Virginia, which represents lower-income people.

In Seattle, U.S. District Judge Thomas Zilly barred the government from removing two people, who were not identified by name in court papers. He scheduled a Feb. 3 hearing over whether to lift that stay.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    Cite? Obama did have several EOs contested by the court, and did contest them, but suspended the action in the meantime.
    Not just Obama, but if you want one example from his presidency;

The Obama administration still hasn’t fully rescinded the 2,000 three-year amnesties it wrongly issued four months ago in violation of a court order, government lawyers recently admitted in court, spurring a stern response from the judge who said the matter must be cleaned up by the end of July — or else.

It’s the latest black eye for President Obama’s amnesty policy and the immigration agency charged with carrying it out. The agency bungled the rollout, issuing three-year amnesties even while assuring the judge it had stopped all action hours after a Feb. 16 injunction.
    So again, not immediately complying with a court ruling seems pretty standard and not unique to Trump.

It really is as simple as going to google and typing "has [insert president name] ignored court orders"
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-29 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just Obama, but if you want one example from his presidency;
    and that isnt ok either. If a court order isnt suspended while in consideration, it needs to be honored while being fought. Dem or Repub be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    and that isnt ok either. If a court order isnt suspended while in consideration, it needs to be honored while being fought. Dem or Repub be damned.
    You'll get no disagreement from me.

You missed the part where I am not debating the sillyness of his EO without thinking it out.

Also, the context to my replies was to a sub-conversation in the thread, not the OP.

Calm down Francis.
    I take back my original statement and admit fault.

After awhile it all kinda bleeds together.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    can we get this thread locked for trolling? thank you

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) raised questions about the order on Sunday in a joint press release.

“It is clear from the confusion at our airports across the nation that President Trump’s executive order was not properly vetted. We are particularly concerned by reports that this order went into effect with little to no consultation with the Departments of State, Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security," they said.

McCain, Graham: Trump order may become 'self-inflicted wound' in terrorism fight

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday said they fear President Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration “will become a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism.”

“Our most important allies in the fight against ISIL are the vast majority of Muslims who reject its apocalyptic ideology of hatred," the senators said in a joint statement, using an alternate acronym for the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. "This executive order sends a signal, intended or not, that America does not want Muslims coming into our country. That is why we fear this executive order may do more to help terrorist recruitment than improve our security."

“We should not stop green-card holders from returning to the country they call home. We should not stop those who have served as interpreters for our military and diplomats from seeking refuge in the country they risked their lives to help,” the senators, frequent Trump critics, said in the statement.

“And we should not turn our backs on those refugees who have been shown through extensive vetting to pose no demonstrable threat to our nation, and who have suffered unspeakable horrors, most of them women and children,” they added.

---------------------------

Definitely think that congress is going to be fighting the president here...

I take back my original statement and admit fault.

After awhile it all kinda bleeds together.
    Np. We'll be bitching at each other over something else at some point. lmao

Np. We'll be bitching at each other over something else at some point. lmao
    Won't disagree there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    can we get this thread locked for trolling? thank you
    How is this thread trolling, seriously.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't disagree there

- - - Updated - - -

How is this thread trolling, seriously.
    Ignore him. This thread has no reason to be closed

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Definitely think that congress is going to be fighting the president here...
    I hope it reach's a point where they impeach his ass. IMO there is already more then enough reason to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    Ignore him. This thread has no reason to be closed
    Awww I was slightly interested in the reason tho.

Passes time while I kill Ice Warriors in Runescape

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope I am not the only one who finds it ironic that Saudi Arabia isn't on the list of countries where people are banned, totally hypocritical to ban people from any other country and yet the Saudis have been the ones funding terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I hope I am not the only one who finds it ironic that Saudi Arabia isn't on the list of countries where people are banned, totally hypocritical to ban people from any other country and yet the Saudis have been the ones funding terrorism.
    Trust me ur not the only one, it was something noticed really fast.

Even the more hardcore of Trump fanboy's are having a hard time trying to defend it.

Current Update from DHS:

Department Of Homeland Security Response To Recent Litigation
    Release Date: January 29, 2017

WASHINGTON – The Department of Homeland Security will continue to enforce all of President Trump’s Executive Orders in a manner that ensures the safety and security of the American people. President Trump’s Executive Orders remain in place—prohibited travel will remain prohibited, and the U.S. government retains its right to revoke visas at any time if required for national security or public safety. President Trump’s Executive Order affects a minor portion of international travelers, and is a first step towards reestablishing control over America's borders and national security.

Approximately 80 million international travelers enter the United States every year. Yesterday, less than one percent of the more than 325,000 international air travelers who arrive every day were inconvenienced while enhanced security measures were implemented. These individuals went through enhanced security screenings and are being processed for entry to the United States, consistent with our immigration laws and judicial orders.
    Source: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/01/29/...ent-litigation

Whether this means anything or not, it's interesting. The Obama administration chose these countries.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattves...hoose-n2278021
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Trump didn't ban travel from countries where he has business deals. Nothing in this was about actual security. It was purposeful maliciousness and nothing more.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.