Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    And it's exactly that sort of sht (among a few other things) that has given us President Trump. The establishment of both major parties has not given 2 shts about the common working man and woman in a long time. Trump took the pulse of the American electorate, and knew that there was a swell of populist anger that he could tap into. He did so, beat the polls, and here we are.

At least we got SecDef Mattis out of it. Even Trump has said publicly he will defer to Mattis if they disagree about something.

Trump.

Will defer to someone he outranks.

That's some next-level sht right there. Has Trump ever in his life voluntarily ceded authority to someone when he didn't have to? Mattis is apparently one helluva guy.
    I think it's just because by saying he'll defer to Mattis still allows for him to sound tough by saying he supports torture.

back in university I joined "work and travel program" and came to usa with j1 visa i think. I think it was called j1 visa not sure. I worked at Virginia Busch Gardens for 2 summer seasons and realized this;

Without those university students, they would fucking close their doors in a week.

No offence but I have seen Americans who cannot count the number of bottles in a box, I mean everyday you get the same fucking box which contains 16 bottles, and you see 4 empty squares, how many is there? oh better I count it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.... no, no, no no 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. Ah yes there are 12 bottles of water in the box, write down. This guy was American supervisor. Others were like, OK gotta work 2 hours, that is enough for the car. punch out bye.

Most of us promoted over Americans within 2-3 weeks. Getting better money. Our managers would always thank us for the work but for us it is nothing special, just a normal work. But of course those damn immigrants are definitely stealing your jobs... come on people get real, when you suck at so bad so hard at even such monkey jobs you cant blame shit on foreigners. Look at your teenagers, look at your college students, young etc.

I can already imagine the facepalm of department managers if everyone is American.

I know it is not H1B visa program but kinda related.
    Last edited by Gref; 2017-02-01 at 05:37 AM.

Well I guess at least we won't get any more "The GOP is only against illegal immigration" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post

Most of them came through H1-B. If I was a company I would surely hire them over the fresh grad student.
    800,000 people born in Canada are currently living and working in the US, most of them have STEM degrees.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland