Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think arguments what was and what was not in Dune Messiah is pointless. I'm pretty sure Part 3 won't be even adaptation of book, imo it will be part of story that Herbert skipped, maybe with some ideas from Messiah and Children.
    That seems a little too far-fetched. Will it be exactly like the book? Obviously not. But it's extremely probable that it'll follow the same general lines, because it's effectively an end to Paul's arc - it would basically end with him going into the desert, blind. Anything else would be way too complex for a single film and leave way too many strings untied. The director already said he's making 3 films at most, and you'd also struggle to keep all the actors available for longer. This isn't the MCU where you can make your entire career about a franchise. These people got shit to do.

There's a little room to expand for sure given that Messiah is fairly compact, but this is still one single movie - not a whole TV season. And they couldn't even get the first book into a single film. They have plenty to fill their runtime without going super crazy and trying to rewrite Messiah or do Children, too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The director already said he's making 3 films at most, and you'd also struggle to keep all the actors available for longer. This isn't the MCU where you can make your entire career about a franchise. These people got shit to do.
    You'd only need most of them for Children of Dune. Then it really is only Jason Momoa XD (and if somehow REALLY faithful to the book Rebecca Ferguson for like 1 scene)

I guess part of the issue is that Zendaya and Timothée Chamalet would NOT be in a 4th movie, as their characters as we know them in Dune part 1, 2 and Messiah are gone by then. The twin's actors would need to be able to pull the same hype, but that prob means aging them a bit (as they did in the 2003 series, both Jessica Brooks and James McAvoy being in their early twenties) because finding believable 9 year olds with Zendaya hype potential is prob a lost cause.
    Last edited by Mazza; 2024-03-24 at 10:59 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I still say the Sci fi adaption is the most faithful adaption yet.
    I might agree with that.

My problem is I find the scifi adaptation.. somehow... extremely boring. And I don't know why.

I've tried twice to watch the first one again, and every time its put me to sleep in the first half hour.

I don't know why. I love the Dune books. You'd think I'd love a more accurate adaptation...but somehow it bores me! (And that makes me sad!)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Dune 2 will supposedly be going PVOD within the next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is surprised, but Dune 3 is now official

https://screenrant.com/dune-3-movie-confirmed/

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    U should make a list for all your special things u say.

Otherwise people won't bother to go look fo a dictionary for what FRUJG46UHCDUUGFGHJH is short for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    No one is surprised, but Dune 3 is now official

https://screenrant.com/dune-3-movie-confirmed/
    His next project is "Nuclear War: A Scenario" that doesn't sound very exciting tbh.. unless its some mad maxy postapoc world, no zombies plz

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Otherwise people won't bother to go look fo a dictionary for what FRUJG46UHCDUUGFGHJH is short for.
    Speak for yourself. I have no problem taking 10 seconds on google if I don't understand something.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I assume anyone talking about the business of films actually knows the business.

Sorry, I am not your teacher, Google bot or mother. I post about what interests me.

Regional held this off. Target is 4-16/4-23.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2024-04-05 at 02:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Then you are in the wrong forum, if you thought this was hollywood insider reddit page where everyone speaks the same lingo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you are in the wrong forum, if you thought this was hollywood insider reddit page where everyone speaks the same lingo.
    You've spent more time complaining about the use of an acronym than it would've taken you to Google what the acronym meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You've spent more time complaining about the use of an acronym than it would've taken you to Google what the acronym meant.
    to be fair... it takes a bit of scrolling to find what it would mean in context, because multiple top results I got when googling for it - were for Pulmonary Veno-Occlusive Disease

the problem with various field specific abbreviations is that they are often identical to abbreviations in various other fields and I'm pretty sure most of us are NOT movie business insiders to immediately grasp the context. it genuinely doesn't hurt to elaborate when posting on a public not field specific forum presumably trying to share said information with the public frequenting said forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    to be fair... it takes a bit of scrolling to find what it would mean in context, because multiple top results I got when googling for it - were for Pulmonary Veno-Occlusive Disease
    I got the same, so I changed it up to "PVOD Film" and the answer was right there. I Googled it too because I didn't know off the top of my head either. First thing I do whenever I encounter a term or acronym or phrase I'm unclear on is to look it up and inform myself. It's practically a reflex.

And it's one thing to not bother, and another to make a jab at someone because you don't know enough to follow them.

Forum is fine, looks like everyone else doesn't have an issue rectifying their ignorance.

Imagine being on the internet in 2024 and demanding everyone explain words you don't know rather than just looking them up.

This does not bode well for ya'll future jobs as AI prompters!

5+ Year Old Account
    It's not one example, there's minimum 10 she uses n seems unable to read the room n have normal fucking etiquette n manners

If everyone used their job lingo outside their job, that would make human interactions annoying.

She can go ahead n say people should look it up, but what if everyone else did the same to her instead of using normal speak. Every profession she has no experience in, that would get frustrating real quick.

When someone asks me how my workday went, I say so without the lingo. If I threw an attitude like people here I'd loose friends real quick n never get invited to anything.

Can't believe I need to explain how normal human interaction works...this forum is something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nice, I can finally get to see it.

When someone asks me how my workday went, I say so without the lingo.
    But that's not what happened.

She was rendering her professional opinion as an industry insider. She wasn't talking about her day, she was giving information about the business. That's what professional "lingo" is for.

If you can't/don't want to handle that, that is fine. Just move on, and read some other posts. But don't expect people to dumb down their professional information just because you're too lazy to google a few letters. That's not only discourteous and entitled, it's also counterproductive - it makes people less willing to share their unique insights as professionals, which has value to the community.

And let's be absolutely clear here: the word in question was "PVOD". Nobody was talking about highly complex, borderline cryptic strings of unintelligible jargon. It was one single initialism you can Wikipedia in 1.5 seconds flat, and quite frankly it's not even all that surprising if people just thought that in a discussion about movies the letters "VOD" would be intelligible to most people without looking them up (and the P doesn't take much imagination to add to that).

As someone who works with actual difficult texts, let me assure you: this was about as clear as a morning day, and just because there were no crayons or pictures involved doesn't mean it was too complicated.

This is 100% a "you" problem. Look up a few words every now and then. It'll be good for you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, no.

When u speak through media, like if ur business insider, if u had any media training n were to be interviewed, then use lingo only if its branch specific otherwise if its to a general audience use normal speak.

Otherwise you are basically speaking to yourself...through a public forum. Ok, that's just weird......

Imagine if u went to a party n started to speak like that..

So many contrarians ofc the usual suspects will defend anything, what a hobby...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

the problem with various field specific abbreviations is that they are often identical to abbreviations in various other fields and I'm pretty sure most of us are NOT movie business insiders to immediately grasp the context. it genuinely doesn't hurt to elaborate when posting on a public not field specific forum presumably trying to share said information with the public frequenting said forum.
    Dam the algorithm cause it was the top result for me.

ah my bad. Old habit I try to include relevant info when searching so my search "pvod movie term" came with this result.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not one example, there's minimum 10 she uses n seems unable to read the room n have normal fucking etiquette n manners

If everyone used their job lingo outside their job, that would make human interactions annoying.

She can go ahead n say people should look it up, but what if everyone else did the same to her instead of using normal speak. Every profession she has no experience in, that would get frustrating real quick.

When someone asks me how my workday went, I say so without the lingo. If I threw an attitude like people here I'd loose friends real quick n never get invited to anything.

Can't believe I need to explain how normal human interaction works...this forum is something else...
    You seem to be the only one that has an issue.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2024-04-06 at 10:55 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.