Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

The point is what i described. You can run something with pugs if you want but you should naturally expect an inferior experience. This should not be surprising.
    Also, i think it upsets you, not me.
    Holy shit... you don't even own y our own words. That's not at all what you said, you said AND I QUOTED "I know this comes as a surprise, but grouping with friends and guilds are the point of MMORPG's."

If you believe you should only run with friends and guilds that don't even use LF stuff or the group finder. If you're fine with LF stuff and just thing it's inferior, then why bitch at people who are doing that? Inferior does not imply time gating.

On topic, I'm fine with gating until mythic is cleared. Past that is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It's an acronym for something else. Raid is just the PG word they went with to fit it. I'd like to avoid getting infracted so won't say the real thing.
    We use the word Fuck freely (It's even in this thread's title) but people are wary of using the word Retard.

What a time to be alive..

10+ Year Old Account
    People are clearing Normal NH through pugs on premade finder every week, try it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    some wannabe hardcore get triggered if other people get to experience content at a reasonable pace, so whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    It's because casuals consider the raid done when they've completed it in LFR mode. They are not interested in higher difficulties of the same content or organised raiding. So when it's done, they quit. Hence the massive gating to keep people subbed.
    some people only raid normals, should they gate normal content too? what about the people that only do heroics etc
    there is much more to wow progression than killing each boss once

not saying that they don't exist, but I'm quite sure majority of people are more focused on character progression (aka loot) which takes more than one clear
    Last edited by Enosh; 2017-02-19 at 03:04 AM.

Be happy you lfr raiders can get tier and trinkets again and stop whining.the one thing wod got right was removing tier in lfr

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    No, it is fucking stupid LFRtards think they are raiders. Also fucking stupid that they get any loot at all for playing story mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Holy shit... you don't even own y our own words. That's not at all what you said, you said AND I QUOTED "I know this comes as a surprise, but grouping with friends and guilds are the point of MMORPG's."

If you believe you should only run with friends and guilds that don't even use LF stuff or the group finder. If you're fine with LF stuff and just thing it's inferior, then why bitch at people who are doing that? Inferior does not imply time gating.

On topic, I'm fine with gating until mythic is cleared. Past that is bullshit.
    Oh geez... can't you read? I said the point is what i described. It was the first sentence. I didn't say it's the only thing. I said that is the POINT. It's your MAIN focus. I didn't say that you can't group with randoms, but the experience will be inferior and should be inferior as are the assorted rewards (see LFR). This is a SECONDARY activity. So, you don't get to complain that the secondary activity is not as good as the main activity. That is why it's secondary.
    Live with it. It's your choice.

I actually think LFR should only be unlocked account wide after you cleared it on normal, just to get you anti-socials to do something for yourselves.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-19 at 03:21 AM.

Looking for Raid.
    Edit Signature.

I honestly don't see the point of gating LFR anymore, at all. Most people who participate in organized raiding should be deep into Nighthold by the end of the first week and nearly cleared it by week 2. (Mythic raiders: I know you can't comprehend this, but there are people for whom Normal raiding does in fact present a moderate challenge.)

Unless of course this really *is* an underhanded tactic to extend subscriptions and I'm just giving Blizzard too much credit. I don't see any other legitimate purpose for continuing to gate LFR.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the world of progression. Sometimes you just have to wait for the game to open things up for you when your skill can not get you to the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    I honestly don't see the point of gating LFR anymore, at all. Most people who participate in organized raiding should be deep into Nighthold by the end of the first week and nearly cleared it by week 2. (Mythic raiders: I know you can't comprehend this, but there are people for whom Normal raiding does in fact present a moderate challenge.)

Unless of course this really *is* an underhanded tactic to extend subscriptions and I'm just giving Blizzard too much credit. I don't see any other legitimate purpose for continuing to gate LFR.
    Well you gave the answer yourself. There are people out there who think that Normal is a challenge, therefore LFR is delayed so these players have a chance to progress on new bosses instead of encountering them first in LFR.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

This thread is going places.

The WoW budget is actually small, comparably to other projects. If you look at Blizzard's earning reports, WoW does generate (considerable) revenue, but they are focused on other games. They likely feel they have dedicated fans in their "pocket", and seemingly cater to them less, and less often, with the assumption that most will still be there, year after year.

Your contribution for playing WoW does not go back into WoW development. It rather goes into other existing or emerging products, by Blizzard.

with as many window lickers in LFR right no you are better off going in on normal
    I was the Rainbow Das at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    This thread is going places.

The WoW budget is actually small, comparably to other projects. If you look at Blizzard's earning reports, WoW does generate (considerable) revenue, but they are focused on other games. They likely feel they have dedicated fans in their "pocket", and seemingly cater to them less, and less often, with the assumption that most will still be there, year after year.

Your contribution for playing WoW does not go back into WoW development. It rather goes into other existing or emerging products, by Blizzard.
    yeh like the huge budget on designing 130 hearthstone cards lol, those ultra HD cards must cost a fortune, or diablo 3 where you run greater rifts until you hate yourself, is there anything but a greater rift left in diablo 3 now?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's gated so the unskilled lfr crowd stays subscribed longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the meantime, I pugged heroic nightmare in the time it took me to queue for nighthold first wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    It's gated so the unskilled lfr crowd stays subscribed longer.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I know this comes as a surprise, but grouping with friends and guilds are the point of MMORPG's. It's co-op content, not scenic content. You know, the type that you actually engage on, rather than tag the boss and afk until the loot drops? Yeah, that thing.
    Sorry, I should have stated: "Could someone please give a valid explanation." My mistake.

If I just wanted to hear some two-bit fanboi whining meaninglessly and idiotically because other people they'll never meet and never know are seeing the same things they are, I'd have asked for that instead.

It's just the illusion of content. The longer it takes = the longer casual players will keep playing to see the full raid and experience it, well, visually and lorewise.

Ties them over the same as it ties people to only raid heroic or, raid mythic. That's what something that would make no sense to release so broken up can "make sense"

I'm surprised at the amount of people trash talking people who only use LFR as a means to raid. I no longer play this game, but why should the majority of my fun come from something I would do for 7 hours a week mean anything to me? Not like I'm better than someone else because I want a job outside of my job. Hell, most of my friends who raid spend 95% of their time playing other games and only log on to raid, outside of Tuesday to do their 15 M+/World bosses.
    Last edited by Malygaa; 2017-02-19 at 04:12 AM.

I joined a casual guild this expansion, 4-6 hours a week of raiding per week. I work a full time job and am a proud parent of 3 (soon to be 4 daughters) I wanted to get back into a more organized gaming environment and luckily some old guildmates of mine started up a new guild on a high population realm. Their times work for me and my wife, especially since they start after our kids' bedtime. We are currently 8/10 N-NH and starting on Heroic this week.

But as a former LFR go'er, I can agree, the gating this expansion is fucking horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Malygaa View Post

I'm surprised at the amount of people trash talking people who only use LFR as a means to raid.
    My guess is that their life is shit outside of game and they use this as a means to make themselves feel better about their insignificant and boring lives.

How about they remove the gate and make it so if you do LFR you cannot get loot from normal heroic or mythic raids of the same type that way the LFR heroes are happy and actual raiders do not have to worry about it.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    When OP used "LFR raiders" I actually laughed IRL for once.