Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Black Huffington Post Writer Horrified to find out she is 1/3 White

You can't make this shit up. "as a black millenial marketing expert... this shitt matters"... HAHAHAHAH

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e5fdf61972bb

"Irritation led to feeling disoriented again; perhaps because they haven’t received scientific proof regarding the matter they can’t understand my feeling lost and misguided. It can remain a theory for the rest of my family, but as someone who has become a Black millennial marketing expert… this s*** matters. It’s as if I’ve obscured the one thing which has guided me since I was nine years old… my heritage. Even back then I believed in Black power, creating drawings in art class titled “A Strong Black Nation”, featuring black construction paper hands reaching for the sky. Along with being a millennial and being a woman, being Black enlivens me. I’m personally and professionally compelled to clarify misconceptions and elevate all three of my squads. As inappropriate (but honest) as it sounds, I’d discovered I had the so-called “superior” race running through my veins, and never before had I felt so inferior."

I take it you didn't actually read the article huh?
    Irritation led to feeling disoriented again; perhaps because they haven’t received scientific proof regarding the matter they can’t understand my feeling lost and misguided. It can remain a theory for the rest of my family, but as someone who has become a Black millennial marketing expert… this s*** matters. It’s as if I’ve obscured the one thing which has guided me since I was nine years old… my heritage
    Would I love to be 87% Black? Yes! One may say I’m a disciple of the colloquialism “blacker the berry, sweeter the juice”. I envy my best friend Tiara (Tee for short), whose complexion is a beautiful burnt umber, masking all imperfections and accentuating her vivid eyes and wonderful smile. Or my husband James, who too has a rich complexion that I find enthralling and powerful. I love being Black but the truth is over time the world has become a melting pot, and unquestionably, we have prospered because of it. While I’m no Rachel Dolezal, I must accept the fact I do have White ancestors. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, but quite honestly, the road to acceptance will not be an easy one for me to travel.
    Person thinks she knows her heritage since 9. It's an important part of her identity. Finds out it isn't that clear cut. Writes down how she dealt with it. Figures in the end it's okay.

The only ignorant person here is the OP.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-02-27 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    The fact that she needs time to "accept" that some of her forefathers had a different skin tone to herself is telling enough, however.

Horseshoe Theory once again proven:

Idiot trying to virtue signal about how HuffPo is racist against whites does the same thing they accuse SJWs of: reading headlines and reacting without actually reading the article.

A thing of brilliance to behold.

Everyone who sees her will consider her black.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Horseshoe Theory once again proven:

Idiot trying to virtue signal about how HuffPo is racist against whites does the same thing they accuse SJWs of: reading headlines and reacting without actually reading the article.

A thing of brilliance to behold.
    You shouldn't need to write an opinion piece about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    The fact that she needs time to "accept" that some of her forefathers had a different skin tone to herself is telling enough, however.
    Not really. I know plenty of people who do the same who are white. Most of my family is German and they've built quite an identity around that. They collect German art and literature, they've repeatedly gone to Germany in some stupid "finding our roots" bullcrap, they've participated in various German holidays, ect.

If they found out they were actually just Irish instead of German, they probably would need some adjustment too, since they spent so long thinking they were something they weren't and spent a lot of time and money on it to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    ...its a website that has mostly blog-like entries, and very little actual news. How about you don't read it? It is the internet, after all. By that nonsense logic, nothing is needed to be written about since the vast majority of opinions are subjective arguing about ultimately stupid shit.

Stop making me defend the lulzy HuffPo because you all are looking for your windmill to fight.

And people aren't required to fucking read it. So, what's your point?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

How much white does she need in her blood before she's privileged?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Considering she's spend a large part of her life being asked if she was part-white due to her skin-tone and replying that she was part native-American I can see why it might take a bit of time to adjust to the idea that the people's assumptions were correct and what she though was her family history was wrong.

So? Have you actually read the article?

I mean, fine, there's a lot of cringe worthy nonsense there, but also some interesting tidbits, like
    In his research he discovered the Lumbee tribe was allegedly a mixture of indentured Whites and freed or escaped slaves (Blacks). They are not recognized by the traditional American Indian tribes, nor by the Bureau of Indian Affairs
    where she speaks about indentured servitude and how certain groups actually melded into the Native American culture (like the Métis for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9tis_in_Canada)

And while this woman clearly made a huge deal about her own racial identity, she seems to deal with it on a fairly positive note in the end.

While I’m no Rachel Dolezal, I must accept the fact I do have White ancestors. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, but quite honestly, the road to acceptance will not be an easy one for me to travel.

Perhaps it was serendipitous for me to discover my White heritage during Black History Month, but I don’t believe in coincidences. Perhaps it was God. Perhaps it was my grandparents who empowered me to do so from heaven. Or perhaps… it was my White ancestors.
    She clearly struggles with, but hey, why not give her a chance?

You have done a lot of nitpicking there.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    How much white does she need in her blood before she's privileged?
    In the US I think it needs to be 100% (or at least to appear 100%,) it seems like they don't understand the idea of mixed-race when a man with a white mother was hailed as the first black president.

Deleted
    Not really. I know plenty of people who do the same who are white. Most of my family is German and they've built quite an identity around that. They collect German art and literature, they've repeatedly gone to Germany in some stupid "finding our roots" bullcrap, they've participated in various German holidays, ect.

If they found out they were actually just Irish instead of German, they probably would need some adjustment too, since they spent so long thinking they were something they weren't and spent a lot of time and money on it to boot.
    Well it's a very alien notion to me, but I live in a very racially diverse society.

I guess it's because "my people" didn't migrate to where I live, but are the founders of the society that I don't have to look inward for confirmation of who I am.

I still think it's really odd to focus on your and other peoples' skin color so much that you can build an identity around it.

This is a stupid story. If you are black and can trace your ancestors to slavery there is 99% chance you will be part white. Simply put, master liked to visit the slave quarters at night. I am black and have white people in my family whoop dee doo.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

My French grand father would likely explode if he found out there was a trace of English in him. It's why I don't want to have a DNA test.

Literally explode.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

People write opinion pieces about why pineapple doesn't belong on pizza.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Uh-oh! You've got one-third monster blood in you! Time to check your privilege!

Why not? Her audience might not be you, but she has an audience. And we also happen to live in the age of blogs/video blogs and oversharing.